Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:20:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who was your secondary father?  (Read 143 times)
SneakyLady (OP)

Activity: 114
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:57:15 PM

We all have biological fathers who hopefully help nurture and love us from an early age, but we also have valuable secondary fathers throughout our lifetime that we find with a little bit of luck. We become an apprentice of sorts.

For me, it was a guy who I struck up a conversation with in a photocopy shop one day. I was 21, he was in his late 30's and had just returned from 7 years of world traveling and being a professional poker player. He had come back to open businesses in the capital city we were in as he wanted to settle down. We actually ended up opening a restaurant together even though I had zero experience in entrepreneurial endeavors.

The "apprenticeship" ended once we realized we couldn't work together, but I learned more from this guy about life, the world, and business over a summer than I ever had learned from my Dad or at school.

Who was yours?
Ting_Ay15

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:25:51 PM

My godfather is my secondary father. When my father passed away he was there to give advice about my married life.
Sportie.io

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:43:46 PM

We all have biological fathers who hopefully help nurture and love us from an early age, but we also have valuable secondary fathers throughout our lifetime that we find with a little bit of luck. We become an apprentice of sorts.

For me, it was a guy who I struck up a conversation with in a photocopy shop one day. I was 21, he was in his late 30's and had just returned from 7 years of world traveling and being a professional poker player. He had come back to open businesses in the capital city we were in as he wanted to settle down. We actually ended up opening a restaurant together even though I had zero experience in entrepreneurial endeavors.

The "apprenticeship" ended once we realized we couldn't work together, but I learned more from this guy about life, the world, and business over a summer than I ever had learned from my Dad or at school.

Who was yours?

My old boss actually, he taught me how to be successful and greatly helped me out with expanding my skillset that I already had. He left for a different company but him and I are still very close. I’d jokingly call him “Dad” from those old edbassmaster dad YouTube video pranks.
sweetstar78

Activity: 110
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:46:05 PM

I had always been a sheltered kid, my dad never allow me to look for a job even when I became 18. In those times I was learning about computer technilogies, specially related to graphic design, a friend told me about a job in such line of work and I got an interview and got the job, when I arrived home I told my father and he said I should go back and resign the next day. I did as I was told, in less than a year I was married and a year latter I had a kid. I never finished my career, I never got a job, I went from being a daugter to being a wife and mother, so when I found mysel 10 years later divorced with a 10-year-old boy and a difficult exhusband and no job experience, I was lost!!

I came back to my father's house but had decided to take things in my own hands, so after a year I moved out to live on my own with my son to a small town a few hours away, it has been 6 years since then and I've met so many people that have taught me so many things, I have learned so much of so much in such a little time that sometimes is overwelming. But if I must name one person that taught me things about life I never imagine, I must say this would be my actual husband. He has such a different view of things than me and sometimes we crush in ideals but we always find a way to merge our ideals and this is more than just a simple teaching is teaching by living, they way he leads his life and helps me lead mine have given me the best 3 last years of my life! He might not be a second father, but I'm for ever grateful to have met him.
tiptravel

Activity: 318
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 11:57:14 PM

My teacher was the best friend I ever wanted to date, she gave me a hell of a lot of experience in terms of relationships, even though we never met.
Big thanks to her, I still remember it
grungelife182

Activity: 93
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 04:04:01 PM

My Uncle has been my second father since birth. He's so strict but I also missed him bigtime!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: