Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:13:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have we hit a dead zone?  (Read 2194 times)
Vitamin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:05:35 AM

As I see it until the whole situation about mtgox and satoshi are not determined the prices won't be stable and won't rise as well

I don't get this, "determined", people who were knee deep in Gox need to pull their head out of the sand and realize your coins are gone and are never coming back, move on, I know it is upsetting but it's not fair to drag the rest of the market down and everyone else's money too with endless speculations and worrying because they were foolish to use a known shady exchange as a crypto bank.

dude, you don't get it.

I have never invested a dime in mt gox, but I know that if the money isn't found or the system doesn't compensates for the protocol flaw that the whole system is useless.

Useless as in worthless!

It's not about 'it happened, pick yourself up and move-on' this is total destruction or total change.  The system cannot scale in its present form, at this point the protocol is too insecure.

There is no meaningful security.  What occurred to Mt Gox could happen to ANY exchange at anytime, how do you expect anyone to operate with that level of insecurity -- they don't and that is why volume is shrinking and system vendors are giving up left and right.

You realize that if someone had stolen cash from you it would be even harder, almost impossible, for the government to ever track it down for you?  That's just the way it is.  Some common sense tells people not to keep lots of cash in places thieves are known to have easy access to, like your pocket for example.  

How about you just take these common sense steps to protect yourself.

1.  Don't use a cloud wallet.  Ever.  Buy your BTC from Coinbase and withdraw it to your phone/PC immediately.

2.  Don't give out your private keys.  Ever.

3.  Don't expect a bail out if you decide to risk violating rules 1 and 2 just because they're convient.  Sorry, but your not to big to fail.  Get the fuck over it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
reg

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:16:07 AM

If you listen closely you will hear the sound of money vanishing, the longer it takes for the missing money to be found the faster and more permenant the injury will be to btc infrastructure and most of the cryptocurrencies that have mirrored their protocol on btc's protocol.

actually the "valuable number" never vanishes. It gets transfered sometimes to those who know how to take it from insecure sites!. the market cap remains the same and the market will reward those who succeed in securing hack free wallets and punish those who do not by eliminating them. the protocol is sound and no regulation internal or external is required or desirable. the price will increase gradually as adoption increases (more buyers wanting a scarce rescource). mass adoption is a problem and will not happen until secure phone apps are available that are user friendly. so sit tight and enjoy the ride, 
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:34:38 PM

If you listen closely you will hear the sound of money vanishing, the longer it takes for the missing money to be found the faster and more permenant the injury will be to btc infrastructure and most of the cryptocurrencies that have mirrored their protocol on btc's protocol.

actually the "valuable number" never vanishes. It gets transfered sometimes to those who know how to take it from insecure sites!. the market cap remains the same and the market will reward those who succeed in securing hack free wallets and punish those who do not by eliminating them. the protocol is sound and no regulation internal or external is required or desirable. the price will increase gradually as adoption increases (more buyers wanting a scarce rescource). mass adoption is a problem and will not happen until secure phone apps are available that are user friendly. so sit tight and enjoy the ride, 

huh?

1) "the market cap remains the same" -  are you kidding me, look at it. 
2)  "'valuable number' never vanishes. It gets transfered"  - if you had btc when it was $1200 took it offline and put it in cold storage and only took it out today you would see its value had decrease 50% -- who did it 'transfer' to?   Is a 50% loss of equity the reward for having a hack-free wallet that is only opened once in 6 months?
3)  "the protocol is sound" - are the words said by those who don't see the faults and those who see the faults and don't want others to see the faults.
4)  "the price will increase gradually as adoption increases" - however btc adoption has never be as high as it is now however the market trend for year to date is a downward pointing price.   
5)  "buyers wanting a scarce resource" - scarce? there is more btc on the market now than ever before, there are more btc market participants than every before, however the volume is dropping and the price is dropping.  That would be an indication that the market either doesn't want btc or they feel the price is too high.

E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:39:49 PM

i have read somewhere on the forum that btc will be around 1000$ by  mid or end of April!! Smiley
phazon307 (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Don't fear Crypto Exchanges go with honest well kn

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:51:49 PM

All I know is I would not want to be the guy who ripped off a bunch of programmers/hackers/druggies that dude put himself in a stupid position and he is probably hiding now biting his fingernails.

Win up $200.00 usd in bitcoins every hour.
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:52:48 PM

Have we hit a dead period it seems like everything is quite on all crypto currencies all of them seem to be going down on the trading sites. Any idea if they will increase if so when?

not sure how closely you follow the news, but things have been the exact opposite of quiet recently.

multiple exchanges hacked
companies going out of business
ceo's of exchanges killing themselves
companies stopping services in america
the real fake real satoshi nakamoto found
tbi calling for foundation members to step down or on monday he is leaking damaging documents to the press

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
vpitcher07

Activity: 342

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:01:44 PM

We've hit a low point as far as news lately - mtgox, that other exchange, satoshi nonsense. I think the fact that the price is still over $600 even with all this FUD shows that when it's over, we're going to see a major price spike.

Bitcoin: The currency of liberty
1HBJSf3Lm9i8KxjZ7fuoN9FJ8hniniFbv4
EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:24:05 PM

We've hit a low point as far as news lately - mtgox, that other exchange, satoshi nonsense. I think the fact that the price is still over $600 even with all this FUD shows that when it's over, we're going to see a major price spike.
THIS! The community seems to be full of believers, who stand strong despite all this crap in the media. We all knew the exchanges are vulnerable and mainstream media lie.

@BTCisthefuture, If by CEO suicides you mean Autumn Radtke, as far as I know there are no information whether it was suicide and what was the cause, so don't link this to bitcoin until you have some evidence. Right now you're just spreading FUD.

Armis

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:53:33 PM

so you thing the rate is being artificially held down, although the hard evidence shows that that rate is artificially held up.   

the reason for the 'f' and 'd' is because of the 'u' which was brought on by the revelation that the protocol needs a search program to allow the community to follow the money when it needs to.   If you cannot follow the money, if any exchange can simply take your money (slow drip or wholesale), points to a major security problem within the system.

As long as that system flaw remains the value will continue to fall as holders of btc divest from cryptocurrencies altogether

CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:01:49 PM

I am not just referring to BTC if you look on the trading sites it seems that all the alt currencies have taken a major dive in the last week.

Bitcoin.  The only place where "dives" and "crashes" are measured in minutes and days.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
BitCoinsLOL

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:16:10 PM

Have we hit a dead period it seems like everything is quite on all crypto currencies all of them seem to be going down on the trading sites. Any idea if they will increase if so when?

not sure how closely you follow the news, but things have been the exact opposite of quiet recently.

multiple exchanges hacked
companies going out of business
ceo's of exchanges killing themselves
companies stopping services in america
the real fake real satoshi nakamoto found
tbi calling for foundation members to step down or on monday he is leaking damaging documents to the press

Exactly there's a whirlwind of shit going on right now. It's gonna get worse when we finally get an official account of what really happened @Gox . Trying to oust Satoshi made me think...Not now I really don't need this right now.

I never thought my life could be. Anything but catastrophe. But suddenly I begin to see. A "BIT" of good luck for me. Cause I've got a golden ticket!
havanabob

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:31:10 PM

I am a new to this community so I am always interested in old members's posts as they know about the past of bitcoin and I would like to thank all lod members for sharing the history of bitcoin
Armis

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:46:51 PM

I am not just referring to BTC if you look on the trading sites it seems that all the alt currencies have taken a major dive in the last week.

Bitcoin.  The only place where "dives" and "crashes" are measured in minutes and days.

bitcoin has dived, crashed, tumbled, fallen, lost, etc ... for the whole year so if you measure it in months, quarters, or ytd you will still see the bears
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: