Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:01:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If the US government passes the Bitcoin ETF, will the market immediately become  (Read 157 times)
sell100 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 172
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 08:37:49 AM

If the US government passes the Bitcoin ETF, will the market immediately become a bull market?
https://www.trackcoinmarket.com/en/crypto-news/31897/op-ed-talk-bitcoin-etf

Peacemaker1994

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 08:48:20 AM

The cryptocurrency world has been growing without the involvement of any regulations. This success of bitcoin has caught the eyes of so many even those that where critical about it are now so interested in it. 
I think the decentralized feature of cryptocurrency is what distinguishes it from other currency

So bitcoin getting centralized will impact it negatively
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:04:36 AM

It will make impact in the prices of the bitcoin and other crypto currencies and will leads to the bull run for short term only but in long term it has much negatives so we don't really need ETF for the bitcoin which can causes the volatility to increase a lot when comparing now.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
Hivalley

Activity: 210
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:17:48 AM

If the US government passes the Bitcoin ETF, will the market immediately become a bull market?
While I'm not actually enthusiastic about the Bitcoin Exchange tradable Fund,and I'm not really sure if it's actually going to lead to a bull market,or if rather the incessant postponing of the announcement the cause of the bearish market....

While ETF would lead to more adoption of the bitcoin,and attract more investors in this system, I'm not really a fan of it as it'll be somewhat regulated by the government and wouldn't be favorable in the long run
Coolserver.host

Activity: 97
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:28:18 AM

I believe bitcoin should stay DE-centralized, what was the whole point of it, right? Correct me if i'm wrong though.
Hivalley

Activity: 210
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:32:07 AM

ok
You really shouldn't be replying threads you created with this two letter word "ok" as it could be considered as unhelpful and Spammy,when you make a thread and replies starts coming in,if you really do not have anything more to contribute on it, it'll be best to simply read and learn from it..

Good luck
muslol67

Activity: 1582
Merit: 670

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:35:34 AM

For the crypto world, there is a need for state regulation. That's why everyone's been locked into the ETF. ETF means that one of the world's largest economies is to accept the crypto world. When this happens, many issues can be solved. For example, wallets can be insured, large companies can provide extra security and crypto-money storage. You can allow credit and lending to crypto coins with forward transactions. But most importantly, whatever it is, it does it in a way that the state knows.

As you wrote, in the article you share, people stop frightening and begin to investigate. Collectively, participation is added. Research and news increases. The market becomes transparent as it should be.
sell100 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:42:49 AM

For the crypto world, there is a need for state regulation. That's why everyone's been locked into the ETF. ETF means that one of the world's largest economies is to accept the crypto world. When this happens, many issues can be solved. For example, wallets can be insured, large companies can provide extra security and crypto-money storage. You can allow credit and lending to crypto coins with forward transactions. But most importantly, whatever it is, it does it in a way that the state knows.

As you wrote, in the article you share, people stop frightening and begin to investigate. Collectively, participation is added. Research and news increases. The market becomes transparent as it should be.
I always think that the value of Bitcoin is that it is decentralized and not subject to any government control. If it is controlled by the US government, does it still have value?
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:59:56 AM

There's really no assurance that upon passing ETF decision crypto will experience a bull market but its likely to happen since regulation will make bitcoin legitimate to the eyes of the public and will become a more trustworthy investment. There will be more investors that's gonna dive into the vast ocean of crypto space trying to get some profit. All we have to do is wait for that moment and see what the future will bring.
Reatim

Activity: 2870
Merit: 363

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 10:06:58 AM

Well that's what everyone is hoping for. Having ETF will somewhat bring legitimacy to bitcoin ecosystem, thus institutional investors will come and enter and pour their cash and we might see a reversal. But in case that a ETF rejection, we can still survive though and possible that the price can also rebound but it will take a lot of time for a recovery.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
sell100 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 10:11:29 AM

Well that's what everyone is hoping for. Having ETF will somewhat bring legitimacy to bitcoin ecosystem, thus institutional investors will come and enter and pour their cash and we might see a reversal. But in case that a ETF rejection, we can still survive though and possible that the price can also rebound but it will take a lot of time for a recovery.
So the attitude of the US government is very important, right?
CryptoDamon

Activity: 99
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 10:17:17 AM

I'm pretty sure this will really affect the performance of the market. Investors will be more confident in investing into crypto if the regulation will be passed. There are some people who doesn't like bitcoin to be regulated but there's nothing we can do if the government will really meddle in this very profitable technology. As we all know government is really after for taxes and without regulation there's no way that they can track down those individuals who are hiding their wealth in crypto.
Coolserver.host

Activity: 97
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:01:56 AM

I believe bitcoin should stay DE-centralized, what was the whole point of it, right? Correct me if i'm wrong though.
why?

Because that was the whole point of it... am i missing something here?
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1508

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:20:42 AM

I have see quite a few discussions on the same topic since last few days. It seems like there is another hope building up in the market for ETF approval. Please understand few things before you think anything positive about the ETF. I have quote one of my old replies that I posted in another thread of bitcointalk. Please read the below quote paragraph to understand the basics for now.

Try to understand what type of ETFs are being reviewed by SEC. Are they synthetic or Physical? If they are synthetic, that means, actual bitcoins will not be bought from the market. That won't change the current demand and hence no impact will be seen in the market. But if the the ETF is a physical one like, Winklevoss ETF, then you can certainly expect some impact in the market, because in this case, physical bitcoins will be purchased from the market which will increase the demand and take it up to another notch higher!

So based on the type of the ETF, you can expect some impact! However, I don't see any hope of the ETFs being approved anytime soon in 2019 as SEC is still very skeptical about these proposals. So don't bank on this just as of now!

I hope it will clear your mind!

Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:29:48 AM

Hey I believe so it should definitely have a positive impact on the market, as three out of five people on the board of sec are pro bitcoins enthusiasts, which has created hope in the market that it shall be approved. However I do hope these bitcoins are based on the physical buying and selling philosophy, wherein bitcoins are actually brought from the market and then they hold them for long term.

I think one should tread with caution as there's no official word whether bitcoins will be approved or not, as in such uncertain times fud grows the most.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2422
Merit: 214

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:35:02 AM

If US government aprove the ETF for bitcoin regulation positive has big impact to cryptocurrency to get back jump there price.

But always put mind cryptocurrency without any kind of regulation as independent decentralized currency he stand their own ability to become strong and expensive with the support of bitcoin believer.

sell100 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:52:35 AM

If US government aprove the ETF for bitcoin regulation positive has big impact to cryptocurrency to get back jump there price.

But always put mind cryptocurrency without any kind of regulation as independent decentralized currency he stand their own ability to become strong and expensive with the support of bitcoin believer.
If the US government passes the Bitcoin ETF, Bitcoin will increase its price by $20,000.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:14:12 PM

in short
dont expect the successful first active ETF to go on a real bitcoin buying spree on day one, grabbing more coin. but expect other new/upcoming ETF's to suddenly realise they now have a proper opportunity to enter that market and so will want to establish their own reserves of real coins, to then apply for ETF status to then offer shares based on those reserves

to explain
those that have applied for a ETF already have built up their coin hoards to form the backing of their ETF and on the day the ETF is active many investors will buy up shares of the ETF. so that specific ETF wont be buying more instantly until they have sold off their allotments of shares

however. others who have not yet applied yet want to be ETF, wont waste money with applications if they are already seeing others get rejected/delayed. they will wait for the first success and then act. once the first successful ETF acceptance occurs, those sitting on thir hands will rapidly see how its done properly and will want to replicate a ETF that ticked all the same regulatory boxes as the successful applicant. so other future ETF's will be buying coin to get themselves rolling pretty quick

i predict this will occur after the tax year end. thus 2019 will be the year of the ETF's

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
muslol67

Activity: 1582
Merit: 670

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 06:44:57 PM

I always think that the value of Bitcoin is that it is decentralized and not subject to any government control. If it is controlled by the US government, does it still have value?

I think you got me wrong. I'm definitely not talking about the deterioration of the decentralized structure of Bitcoin. On the contrary, I want this structure preserved. State may draw limits for use for Bitcoin. Thus it leads to its use. It increases the confidence of people. A lot of people still can't trust Bitcoin today. But ETF or similar decisions can change this.
Rohtox

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 06:49:41 PM

it might be bull run but is that true news? because there is a lot of news about ETFs but there is no clear source over manipulated news to make prices move. just wait for the official news from the SEC to confirm that

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: