Bitcoin Forum
August 08, 2024, 09:28:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two bitcointalk accounts in one house  (Read 190 times)
DR_Vladislav (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:11:38 PM

Hi all,
My younger brother is using bitcointalk and i start using from the same house and same internet wi-Fi but we are not using the same laptop.
Is thier any problem in this.
If yes please advice.
Thank you.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 6252

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:13:26 PM

You can create and use as many accounts as you want under the same IP address. It's fine as long as you're not spamming/breaking forum rules.

This however could be problematic If one of you get banned as It could be considered as "ban evasion".

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DR_Vladislav (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:19:18 PM

If one is banned why the other also will be banned as long as he is not doing any thing wrong.
And as they are not one person.
Bitcoin.beast

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:42:17 PM

I dont see why it would be a problem, were doing the same in this household. But as always you cant rely on everybody doing their jobs. Occasionally ive had a similar experience but by video game private server. Where they banned me and my roommate, unfortunately.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 04:03:14 PM

If one is banned why the other also will be banned as long as he is not doing any thing wrong.

That is your problem now.

We are in the world of internet buddy. Any internet story even how legit it is can't just easily be trusted.

That kind of reasoning is not applicable in the court. Now that you know the consequences, then make sure you won't do anything wrong, together with your alt younger brother.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:57:40 PM

If someone's banned you end up with an 'evil IP' which means in the past at least you had to pay a fee to use it. If there's any possibility of that you could use a VPN with your account.

Another area where it might cause problems is if you both apply for airdrops or whatever outside the site. You'll be considered sockpuppets and might be weeded out.
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 08:30:59 PM

Because there's no way to tell if it's one or more people. The only thing that allows mods to pick you from the crowd of thousands of accounts is your IP. Ban evasion is prosecuted by staff and how are they going to know if it's you evading or it's someone who came into your house to browse the net and happened to create a bitcointalk account?  Put yourself in their shoes and you'll answer your own question.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: