Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:22:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Democracy is dead.  (Read 635 times)
1kings

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 06:28:56 PM

Democracy  is a scam. The winners from an oligarchy  or something close and perpetuate their ways.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonCrypt

Activity: 247
Merit: 16

Learn and Grow

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 11:21:54 PM

First question so you fully Understand democracy?

Democracy, literally, rule by the people. The term is derived from the Greek dēmokratiā, which was coined from dēmos (“people”) and Kratos (“rule”) in the middle of the 5th century -Britannica

Now the statement said Rule by the people now let's take a look at the definition of people :
human beings making up a group or assembly or linked by a common interest

from the definition, you find out it makes a collective individual: make a people is that right?
so democracy can be a set of individual deciding on policies that will affect the other sets if you get that logic  Cool

why you say its dead is because Democracy was never what you thought it was, not meant to be a free system for all  Wink
its just made to look so, Democracy is very much alife just among a set of individuals who controls the system  Shocked

Hope that makes sense to you

jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 10:20:17 AM

A single ruling party exists at all levels of government. No checks, no balances.

This isn't democracy. This isn't what our founding fathered envisioned.

I'm done with America.
Democracy is just a thing I call illusion. It doesn't really exist, it is something the oligarch takes advantage with. They will give you what you called democracy and they will get what they want with their sneaky feet and hands. You will never ever notice them taking advantage of you because of that thing you call "democracy".
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2019, 01:20:18 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

But the real question is what are the alternatives then?

I do believe that there are too many people in this world, to begin with. But, as far as I've been able to observe, small communities are needed. I think that humanity needs to develop a network of small communities with self-government, based on merits. Platon also spoke about a type of Aristocracy based on philosophy, in where the ruler should be a philosopher. The way he/she should reach the power was based on merits, and on a strong educational system preparing greedless rulers.

Well, in an over-populated community, this is impossible to achieve, of course, for, how are you going to develop a trust-system between millions of persons? Of course not. But in small communities, it can absolutely be done. But, again, in an overpopulated world, that's kind of utopic. I do see a dystopian future, though, based on a punctuation system, a meritocracy, but in where, probably, ignorance and appearance will be voted, instead of intelligence and greedless. Maybe you just asked a pessimist woman.

The systems that worked well in the past need modification to cope with extremes of population, communication changes etc..

There is no need to dispose of the democratic model, as it's most important attribute is that it seems to be more fair than other systems. It will always be easier to convince ppl that democracy is the fairest system  (or , to paraphrase WLSC, the most unfair system, apart from all the others) .

Taken to extreme, an 'absolute' democracy, where everything is decided by plebiscite, would throw up ridiculous decisions and anomalies, and would be controlled entirely by the popular (social) media manipulators.

A representative democracy, as exists in many developed countries, is still the most effective. The representatives need some boundaries and filters such as an upper chamber or a written/legal precedent constitution.
Pmalek
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 7132

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 01:42:09 PM

I cant remember the name of the movie but there was an interesting statement made there where one of the actors said something like:
Democracy is a system where the ruling 51% take away the rights of the opposite 49%
Lochshire

Activity: 36
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 02:44:48 AM

A single ruling party exists at all levels of government. No checks, no balances.

I'm done with America.

The USA is not now, nor has it ever been, a democracy. It has always been a constitutional republic. There is a huge difference between the two and it really saddens me that people are now taught to believe we are a democracy.
soulcancer

Activity: 276
Merit: 12

Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 02:28:06 AM

I'm done with America.

The USA is not now, nor has it ever been, a democracy. It has always been a constitutional republic. There is a huge difference between the two and it really saddens me that people are now taught to believe we are a democracy.

so true...this is why plato never wrote "the democracy"....he wrote "the republic"....democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on whats for dinner
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 02:28:47 AM

Wasn't ever really real.
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 02:05:45 PM

I'm done with America.

In some countries, democracy still applied, and in my idea that this system was implemented mostly in some Asian nation. And one of this are Philippines but sometimes our freedom of expression was being used most often in irrational reason, and being used for self - interest only to get what they want which is not good anyway.
awilliams

Activity: 191
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 02:28:36 AM

I'm done with America.

Haha i've told my friends this before. With you. I hope we move away from a democracy.
Bourbon44

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 12:54:07 AM

hahaha i feel you dude. I tell my friends this all the time. america is a running joke to the rest of the world
bitmedia

Activity: 291

BitMedia.IO

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 03:26:35 PM

“If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.”
― Mark Twain

This is about democracy
puffy smoke

Activity: 31
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 04:28:14 AM

Democracy is rule by the people. Even the constitutional republic of the good old USA would qualify as a democracy. It is after all ruled by the people and not by a single monarch or dictator. The founding fathers recognized the God given rights of each and every individual and attempted to limit the dangers of having those rights infringed by the ruling class. I would urge all who want to understand what the founding fathers tried to accomplish to take the time and read some of the correspondence between them as they worked away on the final documents. They got it right; a rule by the people with limitations to ensure that the majority could not infringe the rights of the few. Now, whether the USA is able to fulfill those lofty ideals will fall on the shoulders of the citizenry who will have to keep the politicians in check. The ruling parties are trying to divide the citizens and pit them against one another. Unless the citizens take the time to educate themselves on all that has transpired to date and to contemplate the pitfalls that lie ahead the politicians will destroy the constitutional republic and eliminate rule by the people.

Is democracy dead? Not yet...but...it might just be on life support.
JohnUser

Activity: 1022
Merit: 725

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2019, 10:06:26 PM

here, in France, we try to make democracy great again, but government fight us and lie.

Support us
Chief__Architect

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 07:47:56 AM

Democracy  is a scam. The winners from an oligarchy  or something close and perpetuate their ways.

And the Swiss is probably invented by fake news?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_democracy#Switzerland

Support democracy by buying and reading newspapers with high standards of journalism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Consortium_of_Investigative_Journalists

Cryptotina

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 12:47:11 PM

I'm done with America.
Sorry, but is this related to cryptocurrency? Cause it sounds like politics. I mean why are you so upset with the system of gvt?
cryptobaro

Activity: 1120
Merit: 200

Turkish Translator

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 05:14:07 PM

Democracy is dead in all parts of the world. Its like rulers do whatever they want regardless of what people want.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2019, 05:21:16 PM

Democracy only works if you have a sensible choice in the voting. In England we can vote for the Eton/Oxford elite, or for the Oxford/Eton elite. That isn't democracy. It isn't democracy when the government of the day decides to have a second referendum because the people got it wrong the first time.

These days, most of the candidates for election are chosen by forces above the nation. They aren't chosen by popular opinion.
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
March 02, 2019, 08:04:56 PM

Every country which admitted that they are democratically rulerld is simply lying to its citizens. It is just like to put pink glasses on everyone. In fact it is aristocracy which is smartly hidden under all this feelings about people's ruling of the country. We face with undemocratical cases like daily and Jet Cash gave brilliant example.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: