Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:46:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 7 crypto markets and 158 wallets were hacked  (Read 421 times)
geminiboy (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

https://ammut.network/

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 06:22:43 PM

I found this article https://news.bitcoin.com/crypto-exchanges-wallets-hacked-korea/ this incident happened in the South Korean country, but I did not find 7 markets that were hit, were there any more detailed news ?

Legendari

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:35:57 PM

I think it's just a newspaper duck. I haven't seen anything like it on the local news.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
novikov433

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:50:25 PM

I think that it will be with this news that further growth will begin, I have analyzed such situations many times - when publish the main news, basically they are manipulating the market. It's bad that there is no like the shares of sec .We are waiting for news further, everything should be normalized.
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:03:35 PM

I found this article https://news.bitcoin.com/crypto-exchanges-wallets-hacked-korea/ this incident happened in the South Korean country, but I did not find 7 markets that were hit, were there any more detailed news ?

True or not, if you don't hold the private keys to your Bitcoin then you don't own your bitcoin.  And it's also not a good idea to keep coins lying around on an exchange unless you are actively trading. Anyone remember Cryptsy?  That guy absconded with millions.
Alohadance

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:14:39 PM

Maybe it's just fake news. We need to wait the official announcement. I think that somebody is manupulating in the market with this news. Don't believe in all information.
geminiboy (OP)

Activity: 574

https://ammut.network/

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:54:30 PM

Maybe it's just fake news. We need to wait the official announcement. I think that somebody is manupulating in the market with this news. Don't believe in all information.
indeed there can be false news, but because I found this news from bitcoin.com which has been holding true news, I am looking for more reliable news sources other than bitcoin.com

ngm22585

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:56:22 PM

Ah man, that's unfortunate...hopefully investors haven't lost all their money.
oneblagobl

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:35:55 AM

After they suffered after hacking, half of them closed forever, and half changed their names.
This is how many people write; this is precisely why you cannot find their names.
wizardcrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

www.daxico.com

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:54:56 AM

the name of the wallet and crypto currency market that was hacked where on the article . read all through . the publisher of the article is not sure of what is writing .this is another shit posting to cover their page to dey can enjoy traffic unless the exchange are coming back with different name to get money money from people. we need concise and define article to avoid such exchange.

Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 08:48:18 AM

It has now turned to a regular thing every week. Hacking news always coming out and have negative effect on the market. This is a great concern for this community and something needs to be done. We need positive news at least to show we are moving forward and not backwards .

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
maxilopez

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:52:38 AM

It seems to me that this news is another manipulation in the market and nothing more. there are no 7 hacked exchanges

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
MartinDonald

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:56:43 AM

The Government of Korea has carried out security checks on the cryptographic operations in the country. The essence of electronic money exchange is always being exposed to network threats ... hacking incidents happen right away. even in places where the government conducts security checks. Many security issues have been found, as news.Bitcoin.com has reported previously.
Malamok101

Activity: 868

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:21:55 AM

Maybe may  I know what crypto exchanger are these? 7 crypto markets but no announcing what markets are these maybe this is also fake news that you get only in some spreading fake news in crypto.

Cuk0ng_bitc0in

Activity: 188
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:33:18 AM

they did it for little dumb on them country and do buy more when price falling down
johnine

Activity: 246
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:39:19 AM

It was already fresh news and I think it was true but that was sad because KOREA is one of the biggest community in crypto and I think it will lead again dumping the tokens because of this bad news.
kleeck

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:49:43 AM

When i hear a crypto exchange or service got hacked, i read that story like that: "we got hacked Wink" really don't believe them anymore. Some maybe really got hack but mostly it is a excuse to steal people's money.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ICOMain.io

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 11:54:15 AM

Total of 7 Crypto Exchange and 158 Wallet Hacks in Korea, Police Find

The report entitled “Status and Measures of Hacking Damage of Virtual Currency Exchanges in the Last Three Years” was submitted to the South Korean government and unveiled by lawmaker Cho Won-jin on Wednesday. The data shows “there were seven [crypto exchange] hacking cases since 2016” and the amount “illegally withdrawn through hacking was 112 billion won [~$99 million],” Dtoday reported.

“The amount of money stolen by the hacking of cryptocurrency exchanges has been steadily increasing every year,” Boan News noted. “The amount of illegal withdrawals, which was only KRW 300 million [~$265,282] in 2016, increased to KRW 40.5 billion [~$35.8 million] in 2017, and two hacking cases occurred in 2018, amounting to KRW 71.3 billion [~$63 million] in theft.”
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 01:37:15 PM

This is a false news with nothing to worry.I have searched in almost all the news podium but haven't found anything.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:10:12 PM

No system is safe and everything in the internet are not safe.
I always remember this sentences on every transaction and i never use only 1 wallet, i seperate all my balances to several wallet for safety
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:36:27 PM

True or not, if you don't hold the private keys to your Bitcoin then you don't own your bitcoin.  And it's also not a good idea to keep coins lying around on an exchange unless you are actively trading. Anyone remember Cryptsy?  That guy absconded with millions.
Thats it dude,never leave our coins in any exchange even how popular and reliable they are,because hackers are always hacking and they have the skills and doing this perfectly..

So why need to leave money in exchange when you can tranfer back to the wallet after every trading to prevent from being victims
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: