Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:12:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's up with Ripple?  (Read 157 times)
joshv06 (OP)

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 06:53:44 PM

What's going on with Ripple ? There was a sudden spike in the value but i think if it falls again shortly then i am sure it will lose the trust of all the users and end up being one more shit coin because last year there was a huge fluctuation in the price and many become millionaire overnight but months later they lost it all and is it true that the management of Ripple is centralized as it has not fixed the supply limit?

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
carrascos

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 06:59:46 PM

I also heard that it is centralized. I believe that even if the price of the ripple falls, it will not be a collapse of the currency. After such a rapid growth, it was obliged to correct and fall a little in the price

◯●●●●●       OmniBazaar.com       ●●●●●◯
Shop without middlemen. Pay without bankers
Laxus215

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:01:20 PM

This industry runs of news and hype on that news, there was news about Ripple launching Xrapid services in full scale and that to turned out to be big joke. The news and hype on that news has been died now, Ripple again started to show its true colour. But I still believe if Ripple will work more on Xrapid development than price of XRP will grow as their other 2 services Xcurrent and XVia doesn't utilises XRP token in the manner as Xrapid utilises. Ripple have more customers based on the Xcurrent and XVia as compare to Xrapid that is why the price of XRP is not growing.

Obolo

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 07:04:25 PM

I have no idea what is happening to ripple. Ripple seems to be struggling despite the market showing glimpses of recovery. The current nature status of ripple per my opinion could be due to low demand in ripple. I am sure subsequent days and months ahead, ripple will show little bit of recovery.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:42:43 PM

I think XRP has experienced a surge in popularity anticipating the Xrapid news. Xrapid was announced at the Swell conference, but right after the conference was over the decline started, This just shows that the xrapid system is still not widely accepted. On the positive side, if you look at the chart, XRP is still quite fine comparing to a month or two ago. And I think the management of ripple is centralized despite the team members saying otherwise.
tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:49:46 PM

I think every coin in the market is struggling at the moment due to bears so we cannot single out xrp here, what i have observed is that hype and fomo in xrp was good this time around but the recent volume was just not enough to keep the value upwards, that is why we should not fomo buy especially in a struggling market.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:55:53 PM

Ripple is struggling like every other coin struggling right now, I didn't notice anything really not normal compared with the current market states, why would Ripple show any positivity while BTC itself is struggling! And to answer your question about centralization, yes Ripple is centralized.
Brawnsugar

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:01:45 PM

Ripple is a centralized pump and dump coin and I choose not to reckon with it. I belong to a whatsapp group where some kept shilling XRP because he bought at a very price was making good profits during the spike in price recently. Same dude is really frustrated now and has incurred a lot of losses trying to hodl through. Saw a chart yesterday on XRP and it's not looking good at all.
twtr2
Copper Member

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:16:20 PM

I don't believe in Ripple because it's really centralized coin. I think that we can earn profit only if we buy it when the price is low and sell when it's upper.

cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:18:41 PM

I don’t believe in ripple but it is a smart token for smart traders
Aside from unbalanced news and other manipulations that increases the price of ripple
It is not really interesting

I’m looking forward to its full adoption by banks though
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:33:58 PM

Don´t really like ripple.
Was really upset when XRP moved ETH from second place.
Anyway ripple price is to high right now. Not sure that will double once again in next weeks.
yinoye

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 06:23:58 AM

It looked like a dream to me when such large billions supply coin like ripple can get to $3 ATH. If I'm not wrong, I don't think there is any other coins with such huge supply and has had an ATH like that XRP. I'm sorry and pity the investors and traders that bought from $2+ and still holding. They must be really hoping for a big pump to recover their capital and cash out.
Brawnsugar

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:50:50 AM

It looked like a dream to me when such large billions supply coin like ripple can get to $3 ATH. If I'm not wrong, I don't think there is any other coins with such huge supply and has had an ATH like that XRP. I'm sorry and pity the investors and traders that bought from $2+ and still holding. They must be really hoping for a big pump to recover their capital and cash out.

The shillers have started doing their thing again hoping to lure enough people in to cause the price to spike again. So don't be surprised xrp might hit $2 again. I only feel sorry for those who be will buy high, as the dump will be catastrophic as usual.
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:03:28 AM

as i said before ripple not a best altcoin to hold for long term, we can earn nice profit in short term while price pump (good news affect price rise last week), after that price must be dump again, but current price still have $0.48 (high price in past 3 month), I might support stellar than ripple  Smiley
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 12:05:38 PM

it is just an uncoordinated pump and dump attempt from multiple pumping groups plus the ripple foundation itself which is making the market very weird. as each group dumps the coin down another comes along and tries pumping it and failing to do it properly so it gets dumped down again.

also lets not forget about all the bag holders who are waiting for a signal to dump and get out.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
aligator2017

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 03:41:10 PM

Yes, many says that it is centralized, and many don't like it - also the fact that one of developer sells his coins(really big amount) through the last time regularly. And it may be better if everyone know it before investing.
If you don't like the fact that xrp is centralized maybe it is better to switch to stellar for you? This coin is decentralized and sees charity as it's leading purpose Smiley

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 03:54:06 PM

not a surprise anymore and this thing keeps on repeating, if you research it then you will find it, yes the pump and dump. that is the reason and things that always happen in a centralization.
BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 04:02:23 PM

I have recently learned that Ripple uptrend was because of big Ripple conference which happened right ater the pump.
There is a good chanve that we will see more upside for this coin, there are a lot of big developments by them.
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 04:07:05 PM

If I have to choose between ETH and  XRP, I will choose the XRP. I like Ripple's XRP, it's very easy to make money with it. Ripple Price for today is $0.493058. Its current circulating supply is 39,935,410,492 XRP with a market capitalization of $19,690,482,865 billion USD at the time of writing.

About Ripple (XRP)

Ripple is a real-time currency exchange and remittance network created by Ripple Labs Inc and XRP is the token used for representing the transfer of value across the Ripple Network. Ripple coin price has seen unprecedented growth in the last year with a whopping 700% price rise. More and more payment providers are being onboarded based on its consensus mechanism. This does not, however, make it blockchain. Ripple uses HashTree, which is a persistent data structure, to summarize data compared across a network of validating servers to establish this 'consensus'. The key point to remember is that these servers can belong to anyone, from an individual to the banks themselves. Ripple uses this “distributed consensus ledger” in lieu of blockchain technology. Read more here to learn about what is Ripple, it's benefits and indicative return on investment.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: