Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:16:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we really need a lot of Cryptocurrencies?  (Read 766 times)
jjeeppeerrxx (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 38

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 04:07:12 AM

Blockchain will disrupt these industries Banking and Payments, Insurance, Voting, Forecasting, Government, Crowdfunding, Retail, and Real Estate. Yes, we knew this that blockchain will play a big role in the future of those industries and it's a revolutionary.

But, do we need lots of cryptocurrencies?

More and more companies or startup companies were developing their own cryptocurrencies and a lot more in the future but what's the point of creating or developing it? Maybe we only need 1 for every industry but why does almost everyone develop their own cryptocurrency?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deeofficialx

Activity: 462
Merit: 113

Need me? PM me!

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 04:26:15 AM

...we only need 1 for every industry...

Yes, and that is also the reason why there's so much cryptocurrencies in our current stream right now. They're competing and doing their best to get that spot, that one and only spot, in every industry. We may not need those but soon, we will pick one each.
Fluxtorrence9

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 04:31:39 AM

Cryptocurrency is still at it's earlier stage so we need many cryptocurrency ,there are still many problems that needs to be fix  ,the more new projects are been released the more cryptocurrency will tightens up and get more advanced in the future
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 04:58:16 AM

The reason we need many cryptocurrencies is competition and without it the market can easily be dominated and manipulated by one token or group which is why diversity and competition is needed. This is also true in forex which is a model for the currenct cryptocurrency model.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:05:20 AM

We cannot ignore the fact that there is an ongoing competition among developers. If they see that a certain platform lack something, they'll try to build a new one that can solve that issue (This is the also the reason why we now have other cryptocurrencies other than bitcoin).
Starfranko

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:08:48 AM

Each project has a particular problem they want to solve. I think therefore they should be allowed to establish themselves and cement their relevance in the crypto-currency space in the long run those whose relevance are in in doubt would fizzle out
Xiaolongnu

Activity: 375
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:12:19 AM

It's right, there are too much cryptocurrencies. There are more cryptocurrencies are more good, because we will have the competition between those, they wil offer us better services.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:12:39 AM

There are a lot of altcoin created daily, but only a very small number of them will succeed! We do not need much but need the quality and usability of altcoin or token!
gelli

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

https://saturn.black

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:13:18 AM

Blockchain will disrupt these industries Banking and Payments, Insurance, Voting, Forecasting, Government, Crowdfunding, Retail, and Real Estate. Yes, we knew this that blockchain will play a big role in the future of those industries and it's a revolutionary.

More and more companies or startup companies were developing their own cryptocurrencies and a lot more in the future but what's the point of creating or developing it? Maybe we only need 1 for every industry but why does almost everyone develop their own cryptocurrency?
Competition in development and an attempt to create something new and without problems of the previous project. Each developer has his own vision and opinion and creates a project under himself.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:20:36 AM

Cryptocurrency is still at it's earlier stage so we need many cryptocurrency ,there are still many problems that needs to be fix  ,the more new projects are been released the more cryptocurrency will tightens up and get more advanced in the future

I think you have a better reason being that we are in a phase and that phase is getting us different "testing coins". My question is that, can it be possible to get one coin to serve all our purpose?

Cryptocurrency is not only used as payment system but for other use cases as OP has listed and more. Can blockchain harmonize all human endeavors and activities in one coin?
kirstiemorton23

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:21:57 AM

I don't think we need a lot of cryptocurrency, I think as time goes by the crypto currency will decrease and become less, we see which currency will survive from this industry, I wonder if there will be a currency that will merge.
cryptoman1ac

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

Powered by Artificial Intelligence & Human Experts

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:31:48 AM

Many cryptos emerge because they have different functions. systems, etc. If only we can integrate it as one then we don't need many crytpos. But that would be very difficult to do.

Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:38:21 AM

Have you seen all of coins that have become the major crypto that give a lot of domination to the crypto? they are getting a lot of inspiration from that. Remember everybody wants to create his/he own idea and then try to implement it in our life. We know that so many people are still seeing about a lot of opportunities in the crypto.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 06:54:16 AM

One coin cannot make a market! Wake up, it is impossible. You should know, that cryptocurrency works exactly in the same way as the traditional economic system does,

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 07:03:57 AM

No, you only need crypto that can be use to grow up your business and alternative income activity. Have a lot of crypto is good but should fit with our need too much not good, specially at this time. Most people will chose 1 - 10 top coin from coinmarketcap and ignore rest of it. Besides that, have currency is more important than crypto. Think again before too late and good luck to you.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
D1zee

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 07:07:40 AM

Thats the thing with every business venture if I can put it that way. Like the industries you mentioned, we don't have only one operating in that sphere but we happen to chose the one we think gives us the most satisfaction of service so will be the crypto world. Yes, we will have more cryptos trying to do the same thing but i believe at the end of the day, you will invest on the one you think is most stable and different people have different opinions for investment.  
elloco4ever

Activity: 623
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 07:15:03 AM

Have you seen all of coins that have become the major crypto that give a lot of domination to the crypto? they are getting a lot of inspiration from that. Remember everybody wants to create his/he own idea and then try to implement it in our life. We know that so many people are still seeing about a lot of opportunities in the crypto.

Definitely, there is lot of competition going on crypto. Everyone want to make a new altcoin in this market as they hope it will become popular after few years. Money matters these days this block chain technology will play a big role in humans life. There are lot of coins being developed but only few succeed.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 07:58:07 AM

I dont agree that blockchain disrupt any sectors, it will help many sectors to become better and able to solve many problem, we actually don't need too many crypto, too many crypto with same usage will cause a weak crypto that will be abandon by the investors, each crypto for each sector for me is too crowded
d2s4

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 08:08:53 AM

The amount of cryptocurrencies grows and to my mind it is very nice that we have this great amount because their fight will show which of them are strong or not.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
waser12

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 08:13:22 AM

A person decides to himself whether hi need tokens in his portfolio or not. A lot of currencies in world economy don't force you to use them.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: