Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:24:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Credit Card supporting Bitcoin  (Read 309 times)
Sethrey (OP)

Activity: 916
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:22:38 AM

Hi all!

I'm not a big professional in crypto so I think you can help me.
I was thinking about different methods how can I transfer Bitcoin and how can I do payments with that.
So I come to a question if any credit cards supporting Bitcoin exist?

As there are still many services that don't accept Bitcoin and maybe it's possible to pay with a credit card which will convert it somehow into FIAT?
Have you heard of any or maybe you use some already?
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1563

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:28:59 AM

You can have a look at this thread.

You say credit card, and on those list there are debit cards but I think that is what you are looking for: to spend your crypto with a card.

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6183

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:30:21 AM

There are plenty of services actually, here is a list: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1242788.0

If you're buying online from major services (Amazon, Xbox, PSN, etc.) It might be better to buy gift cards using eGifter/Bitrefill and redeem them in the site.

EDIT: The same list is posted above, just take in consideration that the thread might be outdated and some services may no longer be offering cards anymore.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Looking-upto-vod

Activity: 42
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:33:04 AM

Firstly to transfer bitcoin you need a bitcoin supported wallet.  You can transfer bitcoin from your wallet to the receivers wallet. And I don't think that there is a credit card that supports bitcoin because bitcoin is a decentralized technology that is not under any regulations from any government or bank. Well bitcoin is still developing and growing and for now not every one accepts it but hopefully in future it would get acceptance because it offer a lot of services better than traditional means like credit card transactions in bitcoin are faster and at zero cost to any where in the world provided both parties has a bitcoin wallet.
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:34:28 AM

I'm using Revolut and it works fine. You can store BTC, ETH, BCH, XRP & LTC in your revolut account and just use the attached card to pay directly.

The downside is that the exchange rates for these crypto currencies are not that great and you'll loose a bit on that side (about $150 - 200 per BTC). Other than that, it's easy and straight forward to use.
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:36:30 AM

There are plenty of services actually, here is a list: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1242788.0

If you're buying online from major services (Amazon, Xbox, PSN, etc.) It might be better to buy gift cards using eGifter/Bitrefill and redeem them in the site.

EDIT: The same list is posted above, just take in consideration that the thread might be outdated and some services may no longer be offering cards anymore.

I just want to have a real card with Bitcoins on it in order to make payments in markets for instance or payments for rent.
Is it possible?
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:39:46 AM

I'm using Revolut and it works fine. You can store BTC, ETH, BCH, XRP & LTC in your revolut account and just use the attached card to pay directly.

The downside is that the exchange rates for these crypto currencies are not that great and you'll loose a bit on that side (about $150 - 200 per BTC). Other than that, it's easy and straight forward to use.

So you can pay for everything? I mean not only in cases when seller accepts crypto?
As for exchange rates I thought it would be like that as it's very profitable for those who releases credit cards like this.
Starkick

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:48:05 AM

Some crypto-exchange services allow fiat-deposits. So u can deposit in it ur money right form credit card and then exchange them to BTC or any other currency on the exchange-site
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:49:33 AM

Some crypto-exchange services allow fiat-deposits. So u can deposit in it ur money right form credit card and then exchange them to BTC or any other currency on the exchange-site

I know that I can buy Bitcoin with my credit card but then it will be stored on the crypto wallet, isn't it?
Or there are credit cards that can accept Bitcoin after exchange?
Starkick

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:59:21 AM

I know that I can buy Bitcoin with my credit card but then it will be stored on the crypto wallet, isn't it?

Oh, that's the question... well, as i know visa / mastercard still don't accepted crypto in their payment-system. Right now you can operate only with the exchanger, But i think that you can find convenient one and download it's app on your mobile phone, so it can make it a bit faster than using your computer
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:06:24 AM

Oh, that's the question... well, as i know visa / mastercard still don't accepted crypto in their payment-system. Right now you can operate only with the exchanger, But i think that you can find convenient one and download it's app on your mobile phone, so it can make it a bit faster than using your computer
Then it doesn't really suit me as I want to have a card that will allow me to do payments everywhere, not only where it's accepted.
It takes much time in order to find a good service that will accept crypto and there are lots of scammers these days.
I just want to feel safe and save my time.
Starkick

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:13:58 AM

Then it doesn't really suit me as I want to have a card that will allow me to do payments everywhere, not only where it's accepted.
It takes much time in order to find a good service that will accept crypto and there are lots of scammers these days.
I just want to feel safe and save my time.

Ive already found some inf about ONLY crypro cards, but ink it it serves a fiat- and crypto- at the same time
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:27:28 AM

You can have a look at this thread.

You say credit card, and on those list there are debit cards but I think that is what you are looking for: to spend your crypto with a card.
Thanks for sharing, but I want to hear your thoughts which one is better to use. As there are many of them and if someone used it they can share the opinion.
As it's hard to choose something I don't know.
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:27:50 AM

You can always change your money to fiat using Luno. Just go to www.luno.com and register an account with them and verify the account by doing KYC. Luno accepts your Ethereum and Bitcoin which luno will pay directly to your local fiat bank account. Try them and find out how efficient and highly secured they are.
Good luck.
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:29:52 AM

You can always change your money to fiat using Luno. Just go to www.luno.com and register an account with them and verify the account by doing KYC. Luno accepts your Ethereum and Bitcoin which luno will pay directly to your local fiat bank account. Try them and find out how efficient and highly secured they are.
Good luck.

Very interesting service by the way. But it seems to me that it will not accept all banks..
Or it works with all VISA cards? I just don't want to have any troubles sending money to nowhere.
Starkick

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:40:18 AM

Good luck.

pls, advertise it a bit quiet
Sethrey (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:51:12 AM

Ive already found some inf about ONLY crypro cards, but ink it it serves a fiat- and crypto- at the same time

Can you tell more about it? It's very interesting as I try to collect as more information about it as possible.
It's better to find someone who can suggest a good service that he used already but still.
Starkick

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 12:01:44 PM

Can you tell more about it? It's very interesting as I try to collect as more information about it as possible.
It's better to find someone who can suggest a good service that he used already but still.

Well, there is exist some commercial banks that can provide you with it, some of them have high fees (2,5 $ just for cash withdraw etc)
moreover u can download mobile app so it can be just like ur bank app
But i dont sure that its reasonable to make such card because it high fees
think about it, maybe cryptoexchangers not so bad?)
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 12:06:18 PM

For now i do not know credit card of bitcoin r credit card supported with bitcoin, here in our country we can used credit card with fiat billing and we can used bitcoin to pay those bills, even we pay direct bitcoin it will automatically exchanged into fiat of how much value the bill is.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 12:08:06 PM

Well, I believe that you are asking about virtual/plastic debit cards where we can deposit funds in crypto and spend it like the regular debit card. There are multiple options out there but I couldn't find any option where I can pay the amount directly in crypto instead of converting it into the fiat currency at the time of every transaction made with that card. Probably that is something more beneficial for everyone and at the end of the day, we won't have to convert our funds into any other form of value eg: fiat.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: