Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:41:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How long before the Satoshi vulture-feast begins?  (Read 832 times)
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:56:01 PM

You know where this is going.

Right now its a cute old man making jokes about how he wants a free sushi meal.
But as we speak, the vile pigs that make up the media are digging into this guys past.
They're already on the phone with Government contacts.  
Try to find some loose ties with "top secret" jobs he's done.  Connections to NSA / CIA.

Conspiracy theories are going to come out.
This is going to be a monumental headache now.  Monumental.
A guy who has a reputation for calling people idiots, his own brother calling him an asshole, isnt going to have a perfect past.

Im guessing 2, 3, 4 weeks before we start to see "dirt" being dug up about him.
And its going to keep coming.  Article after article.  

It bothers me that family members said he had some "very strange hobbies".   That can't be good.
The pigs in the media will look for negatives.  Unless this guy has lived a perfectly clean life, problems are coming.
Its not like he's 24 years old.  He's had 64 years to make mistakes.

This is why Bitcoin can't have a face or a name.
Because though we know Bitcoin is just Bitcoin, not Satoshi .... the mindless masses will view Bitcoin as whatever Satoshi is.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Jeezy911

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:57:06 PM

It has already begun.

BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:57:33 PM

I mean the big stories.

The surprises.

The bombs.

pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:59:16 PM

I'm worried that this guy might be taken, tortured, and then killed by somebody who wants the keys to Satoshis vault.

I don't think this is Satoshi but I think he's in real danger right now...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:15:49 AM

I've been trying to think what I would do if I were him, right this minute.

Honestly after I saw the article published, I would have gotten in a car that nobody knows about, and just started driving, since flying would be trackable, etc.

I would disappear.

And I hope he does.  But he's old.  And his health is failing.  

Aside from the security issues.  Maybe sitting on his favorite chair all day and playing with trains will bore the press eventually.

-B-

lorix

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:22:45 AM

I'm worried that this guy might be taken, tortured, and then killed by somebody who wants the keys to Satoshis vault.

Whether he is Satoshi or not, the possibility that he is a walking vault with a brain wallet worth hundreds of millions makes him a target, or indirectly anyone related to him that might give somebody leverage over him.

There are criminals out there with nothing to lose, even on a long shot if he is or isn't Satoshi. The scary thing is that if this isn't Satoshi he wouldn't have the means to protect himself which is why the Bitcoin community needs to stand in defense of him regardless.

Proud family man, futurist and all-round Bitcoin fanatic! Smiley
1KBN5gTzX3ECSu9XHrsZJPsMn7vjT67ciF
DaFockBro

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:25:14 AM

Whether he is Satoshi or not, the possibility that he is a walking vault with a brain wallet worth hundreds of millions makes him a target, or indirectly anyone related to him that might give somebody leverage over him.

There are criminals out there with nothing to lose, even on a long shot if he is or isn't Satoshi. The scary thing is that if this isn't Satoshi he wouldn't have the means to protect himself which is why the Bitcoin community needs to stand in defense of him regardless.

When it hits $10,000 per coin he will be one of the richest men in the world.  I'm sure he can afford to move to a nice gated community with the rest of the mega rich.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:28:02 AM

Honestly after I saw the article published, I would have gotten in a car that nobody knows about, and just started driving, since flying would be trackable, etc.

I would disappear.

Aside from the security issues.  Maybe sitting on his favorite chair all day and playing with trains will bore the press eventually.

-B-

I think "disappearing" is easier said then done. You get in a car and start driving and.....9 hours later you are still driving. And now you need somewhere to go, to eat, to sleep. But you look like Satoshi, and all you have with you is $20 and about one million bitcoins.

Yeah. Good luck with that. :-)

more or less retired.
MasterOfTheC.L.I.T

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:32:24 AM

I'm worried aswell.  Undecided Hopefully he left no way to back door the system. He is high risk at being kidnapped, tortured, and threatened just for this information.

As one person smarter than me once said "those that have children, have hostages to the powers" and no one wants to risk that. If he is as smart as we hope, he left NO POSSIBLE WAY...

That was one of the beautiful things about bitcoin.. There was no person to call in for accountability; no way to shut it down. But lets not get too worried, I'm certainly not getting out of bit coin anytime soon.

Ps. Guys I was thinking about getting into local bit coin exchange. Anybody got feed back on that?

#This machine fights oppression; this machine fights fascist#
Fund it: 1NPNK52VZdNPzqgJn3ge6gVwNLJ4t4q9aL
Father, constitutionalist, futurist
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:38:17 AM

is this an implicit admission by the bitcoin community that "being your own bank" may not be such a hot idea afterall? Nobody worries about Warren Buffet getting kidnapped and tortured.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:44:22 AM

I would disappear.

Aside from the security issues.  Maybe sitting on his favorite chair all day and playing with trains will bore the press eventually.

-B-

I think "disappearing" is easier said then done. You get in a car and start driving and.....9 hours later you are still driving. And now you need somewhere to go, to eat, to sleep. But you look like Satoshi, and all you have with you is $20 and about one million bitcoins.

Yeah. Good luck with that. :-)

For real. His best chance now is to buy the island on bitpremier, one or two of the jets, a car or two, all the yachts and some art and he's good. He'll need some fishing line and a hook but as you said, he's got $20 fiat. He'll be good for life.

Problem solved!
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:49:50 AM

Bad for bitcoin if this guy is really the guy ( which I doubt ).... and if he is not it wont matter because if this guy does have dirt, truth if this guy is the real deal wont matter because they will run with the bad stuff as if it is fact and tie it to Bitcoin.
It wont stop.
They will pound this every day...

Normal people are to stupid and believe everything on the news....

Lets not forget what implications this reporter put on this guy and his circle of friends and family. Criminals do no care, they will risk it for a possibility of access to hundreds of millions. This is not Bill Gates whos worth is tied up in stocks and stuff like that, this guys wealth is on a flash drive or something.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:50:18 AM

i laugh at the people that think its a life threatening event.

Coblee (litecoin inventor) has not received death threats, and he has been a rich person that people have known about for atleast 3 years..

so please if anything should be killed. its all the drama about yet another false allegation of identity.

i have counted at least 20 names accused of being bitcoin creator. and my favourite, which seems most plausible is Michael Clear. research it

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:58:15 AM

i laugh at the people that think its a life threatening event.

Coblee (litecoin inventor) has not received death threats, and he has been a rich person that people have known about for atleast 3 years..

so please if anything should be killed. its all the drama about yet another false allegation of identity.

i have counted at least 20 names accused of being bitcoin creator. and my favourite, which seems most plausible is Michael Clear. research it

So for something to be a life threatening event requires a death to occur?

This is a life threatening event. Walking down the wrong dark alley is a life threatening event too. You can choose not to walk down the dark alley on the wrong side of town; you can't remove the risk associated with your identity.

I agree that this false allegation of identity should be killed. I think it's atrocious that a news reporter would put innocent life at risk for a sensational news story.

Also, the difference between Bitcoin and Litecoin is history. Bitcoin and Litecoin don't share the same story.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:03:00 AM

is this an implicit admission by the bitcoin community that "being your own bank" may not be such a hot idea afterall? Nobody worries about Warren Buffet getting kidnapped and tortured.

I am sure Warren Buffet does and pays good money for security.  You do know kidnapping, extortion, and ransom existed prior to the blockchain right.  The issue here is that this "Satoshi" may not be the "Satoshi" and thus doesn't have the resources to pay for that kind of protection from every nutjob and sociopath who sees him and his "million bitcoins" as a ticket to the easy life.

Still it is possible to use multi-sig to provide the same level of limited access to bitcoin wealth that applies to bank funds.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: