Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:26:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No religion can save us?  (Read 391 times)
cappy176

Activity: 83
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 09:52:06 AM
Merited by Moloch (1)

HA! this sentence is laughable religion (what it is today) is a complete scam including christianity. I think there are small bits of truth to every religion but what they are today have nothing to do with the original Idea. It is just a bunch of inspiring books with cryptic metaphors and stories they can no more save you than any of the thousands of self help books published by snobby authors that think they can profit off the weak mindedness of the general public.

There is only one true way to experience god and it is NOT EASY and that is through extreme physical stress whether it be through fasting, a near death experience, hours of meditation, or going through a difficult psychedelic experience. What you choose is up to you but no reading of a book will bring you to god....

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ripthesystem

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:46:04 PM

What exactly defines salvation? This concept is different in all religions. In Christianity, religion I'm most familiar with, salvation is the ascension to Heaven opposed to descent to Hell.
As far as I can understand from my atheistic point of view, it doesn't prevent death, it takes into account afterlife and soul concepts.

This is regarding religious aspect, but if we get more practical, the topic headline gets another aspect to it: save as in prevent humanity from extinction.
In this case only we can save ourselves, no religion will help - and seems like the only way to do this is to prevent our planet's environment from degrading.
Wete

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:41:30 PM

Religious discussions are very sensitive, they will say their religion is the best and can save us. Religious issues are your right, whether you want to be religious or not. I am Muslim and believe that Islam will save me and other Muslims in the world.

🔵 [ BLINKED ] 🔵 [ https://www.blinked.live ] 🔵
RECOMMENDATION PLATFORM THAT DRIVES UP TO 90 PERCENT OF ADVERTISING REVENUE TO USERS
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 12:55:38 PM

Religious discussions are very sensitive, they will say their religion is the best and can save us. Religious issues are your right, whether you want to be religious or not. I am Muslim and believe that Islam will save me and other Muslims in the world.

Did you choose your religion, or did your parents choose it for you?

Indoctrinating a child is much different than giving them a choice... if you tell a 5 year old that God is named Allah, they will accept it as a fact without even questioning the idea... this is not giving them a choice
Green_Bulb

Activity: 261

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 03:08:16 PM
Merited by Moloch (1)

You have a point. This is how they maintain their ranks, if we put it this way - include children in religion while they still don`t have their own opinion and thus can`t choose to join or not.
The most rational solution is to wait until a child is grown up so he can decide for himself. Religious upbringing steals free will from a person, though I think religious people will disagree.
No offence meant, I am just sharing my opinion on upbringing - the way I will choose with my own children.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 09:30:37 PM

You have a point. This is how they maintain their ranks, if we put it this way - include children in religion while they still don`t have their own opinion and thus can`t choose to join or not.
The most rational solution is to wait until a child is grown up so he can decide for himself. Religious upbringing steals free will from a person, though I think religious people will disagree.
No offence meant, I am just sharing my opinion on upbringing - the way I will choose with my own children.

Teach them science, then open the Bible on page one.  They will not have to read the rest of it.  The first page is all they will need to conclude that people who wrote the Bible did not know much about the world around them.  Never mind the imaginary God who inspired the Bible.

Education is the key.

It is better to be sober than a happy drunk.

Green_Bulb

Activity: 261

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 10:34:59 PM

Teach them science, then open the Bible on page one.  They will not have to read the rest of it.  The first page is all they will need to conclude that people who wrote the Bible did not know much about the world around them.  Never mind the imaginary God who inspired the Bible.

Education is the key.

It is better to be sober than a happy drunk.

Totally agree. Religion was actual once, then people lacked scientific knowledge, so they had to explain natural natural phenomena and human behavior with the help of mythical beings.
This is hardly the case now, religion is a way to obscure the objective truth.
adrgmz95

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:15:07 AM
Merited by Moloch (1)

Education is the key.

This I agree with. In a sense, science/logic/reason saves rather than religion. Its better to be acquainted with the ugly truth and get to the solution of the problem with utmost clarity. Rather than blindly believing that someone somewhere will save us from misery.
Bigboss0912

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:22:34 PM

Religion doesn't save. Only if you happen to have the Christian religion, will you be directed to Jesus-salvation, which does save.

Cool
Religion is man's best attempt to get to God. The Bible compares religion with a relationship. It's a relationship to God that saves us. A relationship is God's attempt to get to man. We find that in Jesus Christ.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: