Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:30:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The US dollar is gaining strength  (Read 1347 times)
Newer

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:07:00 PM

A strong dollar will impact positively on cryptocurrencies. It is the most outstanding fiat the all exchanges have to exchange against cryptos. Therefore it will inspire confidence in the market.
I think if the dollar rises, of course it will have a negative impact on the economy in some countries.
For those who understand the crypto world, of course that will have a positive impact.
For those who do not understand the world of crypto will be a problem, because all their needs will increase due to rising dollars.

I agree with you that the strengthening of the US dollar has a positive impact on cryptocurrency. But not for the economy in some countries, the value of the rupiah in my country against the United States dollar (USD) weakened, not only in my country all countries also experienced a weakening of the exchange rate against the United States dollar. One of them is the Chinese currency, the Yuan weakened against the US dollar by 6.7%.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 11:48:53 PM

Since the last couple of weeks the US dollar has strengthened against almost all currencies (https://www.investing.com/analysis/us-dollar-time-to-buy-or-sell-200347445). Many analysts and traders consider that the growth was triggered by FED. In fact, Fed has been increasing gradually the interest rate since 2016 (https://www.investing.com/economic-calendar/interest-rate-decision-168) as well as there has been published the lowest unemployment rate since 1969 (https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-reward-for-the-lowest-unemployment-rate-since-1969-higher-rates-for-your-loans-2018-10-08).
Gold, silver and other assets are under the pressure of strong dollar and  moreover strong dollar may cause a strong correction or even a crash on the stock market.  
The key question is how the further strengthening of dollar will effect on the crypto market?

I don't believe that it'll have a noticeable affect on the crypto market at all.

Prices might drop a bit across the board because some of the trading volume is indeed with other currencies which are weak in relation to the dollar right now, but I don't think that is going to be a huge factor with pricing within the market.

The most pain felt is going to be in the imports of other countries, but they will benefits on the exports.

It's also interesting that silver and gold actually went up in USD terms, but that may have been as a result of the stock market crash leading to people scrambling to a safe haven.

Smiley
Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 01:04:51 AM

America economic condition right now on good perform. They only have 3.7% unemployement, its lowest rate of unemployement in a decade. Beside that, The Fed plan to rise their interest rate affecting on dollar price
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:29:14 AM

Since the last couple of weeks the US dollar has strengthened against almost all currencies (https://www.investing.com/analysis/us-dollar-time-to-buy-or-sell-200347445). Many analysts and traders consider that the growth was triggered by FED. In fact, Fed has been increasing gradually the interest rate since 2016 (https://www.investing.com/economic-calendar/interest-rate-decision-168) as well as there has been published the lowest unemployment rate since 1969 (https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-reward-for-the-lowest-unemployment-rate-since-1969-higher-rates-for-your-loans-2018-10-08).
Gold, silver and other assets are under the pressure of strong dollar and  moreover strong dollar may cause a strong correction or even a crash on the stock market.  
The key question is how the further strengthening of dollar will effect on the crypto market?

I'll agree to this USD rates have shot up and especially when you wish to exchange other currencies for USD you end up paying more. In my personal opinion I don't feel it'll have any impact on bitcoins, as inflation is yet high, people need a proven tool against inflation. Theoretically bitcoins should have fallen as it's normally valued against it, but since other currencies are down we won't see any effect.
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:35:14 AM

For now earning a dollar is much better due to high value in the market, like what said of one member our own fiat is now falling down vs the value of dollar but more people are enjoying of what is happening due to they are earning with dollar.

timotron

Activity: 924
Merit: 281

Trooper Founder & CEO

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 05:29:23 AM

mickey mouse money - Who cares if it goes up or down, is so manipulated, corrupted and inflated.

Dirty dirty. Dirty World.

Trooper is a suite of tools for the gaming ecosystem, our first tool is a dedicated job portal for gamers to get engaged, all wrapped around the Trooper token MEDAL - $MDL
https://linktr.ee/trooperjobs
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 06:04:27 AM

Since Quantitative Easing artificially pump the stock price, now I'm pretty sure this is the end of QE. With increasing interest rate, there only one way, stronger US Dollar. The latest drop on the stock market (and transportation index) also really scary. I just hope the market crash won't be so severe to become a financial crisis or even like the great depression.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Nila soru

Activity: 81
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 01:50:22 PM

The US dollar is undermined long term by trade and fiscal deficit.    The strength of the dollar relates to rising rates right now but long term its easily observable at the top end of its range

The reason I do not expect strong dollar long term is that so much of the US treasury debt is financed short term not long term.   This means raising rates increases the government debt costs on every rise short term.   There is no surplus currently which would be required to undo this effect, I believe it would cause significant upset to reduce budget spending at this point.   The most likely outcome is a dollar weakened by excess supply to service that long term debt.

This in turn raises the prices for many assets and likely means BTC does not face the apparent headwind its had for much of 2017
This does seem like a power move pulled by the economy of USA, in reality there are still true problems of taxes being cut for the rich, poor becoming poorer, foreign relations getting worse and china selling of the american debt notes it is holding to other countries for pennies on the dollar. All of these will have a big impact on american economy which will of course effect the value of dollar insanely.

Unfortunately it may take sometime before we see that because usa still holds a lot of power in the economy world and they can hold that off as long as they want, maybe tomorrow maybe couple years down the line but cracks are there.

DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 02:21:01 PM

Dollar valuation is gaining strength base on the the demand globally, as there are several trade war going on between america and several develop countries out to take over the world power through there  technological power and  goods manufactured globally, also cryptocurrency has indirectly give strength to Dollar as it is a mode of exchange to fiat.
3acaga

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 02:50:12 PM

The dollar at the moment is the alpha currency in fiat money, and for the time being it remains as bitcoin in a cryptomere.
If, due to the strengthening of the dollar, there will be a crash in the stock market - my opinion is that this will only benefit the crypto market.
P.S. But as often happens on stock exchanges - after strengthening the price may fall. Wink
sharif12

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 03:31:16 PM

Really U.S dollor is very strong currency this will lead to all aspects of global business for the entire world this is also one of reason why the inflation of a small country directly affect to people is because of sometimes high demand because of the price value of dollar but for the situation of bitcoin deceased value is not because of the dollor. its only because of the traders and the volume of investor that discharge from involvement of daily 24/7 operation of bitcoin.
julyet

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 03:39:48 PM

I think this is obvious, the market is fractal. and I think that soon everything will fall into place!
In addition, I believe that the dollar is really one of the most stable currencies. The dollar is accepted by all countries and all people.

But the dollar has one drawback - bitcolin will replace it soon Smiley
Commotheon

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:45:31 AM

The US dollar is undermined long term by trade and fiscal deficit.    The strength of the dollar relates to rising rates right now but long term its easily observable at the top end of its range

https://i.imgur.com/OGKSApP.png

The reason I do not expect strong dollar long term is that so much of the US treasury debt is financed short term not long term.   This means raising rates increases the government debt costs on every rise short term.   There is no surplus currently which would be required to undo this effect, I believe it would cause significant upset to reduce budget spending at this point.   The most likely outcome is a dollar weakened by excess supply to service that long term debt.

This in turn raises the prices for many assets and likely means BTC does not face the apparent headwind its had for much of 2017
I think we can make more money by increasing the rate of dollars. Bitcoin and dollars can helps to make some profit. Dollars are pretty high in my country recently i heard that the US Dollars will be increase more and the  inflation rate will be high.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:06:46 AM

For now earning a dollar is much better due to high value in the market, like what said of one member our own fiat is now falling down vs the value of dollar but more people are enjoying of what is happening due to they are earning with dollar.
Same thing that is happening where I live. People who are earning dollars never complain when the value of dollars is getting higher than our country’s currency. But to me that’s stupidity. Although I earn in dollars I still wouldn’t be happy when I see my country’s currency falling.

Whether you’re earning in dollars or not, it will affect you as long as you’re living in that country. As the currency continues to fall, it doesn’t make things cheaper, rather things will start getting cost as crazy.
plescruslo

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 10:34:26 AM

Gold, silver and other assets are under the pressure of strong dollar and  moreover strong dollar may cause a strong correction or even a crash on the stock market.   

I noticed this recently as well when I wanted to exchange some AUD to USD, rates have certainly spiked and USD has been pretty strong for the past few months for sure.

I honestly think that this is only going to affect the traditional economy in terms of exports, imports, and tourism. I don't think that USD going strong is going to have much to do with bitcoin prices, even though theoretically prices for BTC would drop as well.

The main reason is that bitcoin's primarily traded against USD itself which makes the rates at which USD is traded against other currencies less relevant. However, if in the future we see more equal distribution of trading volumes of BTC against other fiats, this could change.
Yeah and it is happening throughout the world. My local currency has also devalued compare to dollar in the last couple of weeks. It is because dollar has taken over the world currency market for many years and now it is the only acceptable currency all over the world. No other currency can be compared with dollar. It is the king of all the currencies in the world.
Friskaadew

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 02:45:42 PM

in my opinion, the dollar has an effect on the crypto market where, if the strengthening occurs, it will also affect one's purchasing power against cryptocurrency, for example. if the dollar has increased, it will make it difficult for other countries' currencies to export goods from outside and cause the price of exported goods to rise, and indirectly it will also reduce people's purchasing power because their basic needs have not been met. therefore, in my opinion, the strengthening of the dollar will have an impact on the cryptocurrency market which causes the purchasing power of the people to be low
Teenteenti

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:52:41 PM

Can it be possibly caused by the decrease in taxes? Because I don't see any other reasonable explenation.
yesyes18

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:33:02 PM

And i think your analysis came to being sometime ago, I mean some few days ago. The stock market experienced a little crash which even transferred into the cryptomarket. I think should thisnbe the case the it's going to be a good aign for us in the cryptospace as it'll help bring people in. I mean, when the stocks come down, investors will look for other options and yeah, crypto will be a choice.

Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:45:10 AM

Expect the US dollar will always be strong as always that even if there is a world crisis but still the US dollar will survive because it is the center of all fiat transactions all over the world and i don't see any threat against Crypto if the US dollar will become more stronger than before because for me Crypto is also an investment so that we could earn more US dollar too.
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 03:47:11 AM

It is true that US dollar is more using than any other currency so it is gaining strength and the world big businesses and projects are making transactions and it is gaining strength for a good reason, If we use crypto then it's demand will rise and ultimately the bitcoin will become more valuable and strong currency in the world.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: