Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:40:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggested Bitcoin Core Pruned Node Size  (Read 436 times)
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 09:36:51 AM

I don't have a windows phone but wonder if I can swap the card out between devices?

What do you have stored on your SD card ?

Just the blockchain + chainstate files or all files which are necessary to run the node ?

With blockchain and chainstate files, you should be able to simply swap the card into multiple devices to have your blockchain available.
If you however intend to run your node on multiple operating systems without core being installed there, you'd need to have all necessary binaries stored there too.

Generally it is definitely possible to swap the card between multiple devices. But what would be a windows phone for ?

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
minefarmbuy (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 221

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 05:23:52 PM

I installed everything on the card, application and all. Would just be more portability, something smaller than the tablet. Then I've never used a windows phone. Still researching to see what is out there and how they work.

In all pretty happy with the node on the tablet so far. Just cant browse the web as quickly when it starts to sync in the am after being off line.

Premier asic sourcing minefarmbuy.com #mineon
Twitter:@minefarmbuy -LN Tips-
Email: info@minefarmbuy.com PGP:1A1C A4D4 CE04 F57E 1C0C 5240 592A 09BF CCB4 F0C3
minefarmbuy (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 221

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 05:31:36 AM

Just a quick update and feel free to lock.

SD card is working flawlessly. No issues at all. I may suffer the slow read and write speed for a full node but may just wait when I find a larger card that will give plenty of room for growth. Thank you to everyone for the help, troubleshooting, and idea bouncing.

Premier asic sourcing minefarmbuy.com #mineon
Twitter:@minefarmbuy -LN Tips-
Email: info@minefarmbuy.com PGP:1A1C A4D4 CE04 F57E 1C0C 5240 592A 09BF CCB4 F0C3
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: