Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:28:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to use Escrow  (Read 489 times)
shadow77 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:22:49 AM

Hi guys,

I was wanting to get a loan for 5btc's and was trying to read up on how to use the Escrow services. The only question I have is how would I use the services if I would like to use my vehicle as collateral? I'm 100% confident I will have the loan paid off within 3 months but I just wanted to know how escrow would work. Also can you only use you vehicle as collateral if it's paid off?
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:31:01 AM

Hi guys,

I was wanting to get a loan for 5btc's and was trying to read up on how to use the Escrow services. The only question I have is how would I use the services if I would like to use my vehicle as collateral? I'm 100% confident I will have the loan paid off within 3 months but I just wanted to know how escrow would work. Also can you only use you vehicle as collateral if it's paid off?

If you have a lien on your vehicle already, you cannot use it as collateral.

It depends on the agreement you make with the lender.  Some lenders (if they live close to you) might allow you to continue driving the vehicle until you pay off the loan.   Others may require that you give the car to a third party escrow (again, near you) and the escrow holds it until you pay back the loan.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
shadow77 (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:47:21 AM

Hi guys,

If you have a lien on your vehicle already, you cannot use it as collateral.

It depends on the agreement you make with the lender.  Some lenders (if they live close to you) might allow you to continue driving the vehicle until you pay off the loan.   Others may require that you give the car to a third party escrow (again, near you) and the escrow holds it until you pay back the loan.

What would you guys say is a decent collateral for a 5btc loan?
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:49:28 AM

Something you have (altcoins?) that the lender holds onto and can easily be resold for around $3,400 should you not pay back.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
shadow77 (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:20:03 AM

Something you have (altcoins?) that the lender holds onto and can easily be resold for around $3,400 should you not pay back.

Okay that makes sense, my friend is looking to get the 5btc loan, I was looking to get around 10-15btc and was going to see if I could use my car title as collateral.
iamahappyminer

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:43:06 PM

I was going to ask the same question but luckily I've found this thread!
Thanks a lot to Vod ))
E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:46:55 PM

huh how will escrow work in loans you have to have a collateral and if you are giving your car then the one paying you should be in your area to pick it up plus the value of collateral has to greater then the loaned BTC  .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: