Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:34:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost etherwallet private key?  (Read 1543 times)
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:18:53 PM

I think this is a bad experience, it becomes a learning for all of us to always keep our Myetherwallet keys carefully. Try to recall where you saved your Myetherwallet key, if it really is lost then the loss for you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RockBar0

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:22:12 PM

If you lose your private key with UTC and your login password, there are two ways to sign in, but if you lose both, you will not be able to open them anymore, permanently your coins will be lost.
Niobeh

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:38:27 AM

I have lost my etherium wallet private key.Could any one know how to recover my private key.
MyEtherWallet is not a "web wallet". You do not create an account or give MEW your ETH or tokens to hold onto. MEW is simply an interface that allows you to interact with the Ethereum blockchain.

For security & privacy reasons, no sensitive data is saved, stored, or transmitted when you use MyEtherWallet. They, like anybody else, only have access to the information that is publicly available on the blockchain.

Unfortunately, that means they cannot:

Recover your private key
Access you account
Recover or reset your password
Reverse or cancel transactions
Recover your account
Send your ETH or Tokens from one address to another
There may be a chance that you saved it without realizing it. So, just in case:

Do a full search of your computer for “UTC-“ and see if the private key shows up.
Do a full search of your computer for your address without the 0x at the beginning.
If you know when you created it, look through all files during that time period for any documents that may hold your key or screenshots.
Generate a new wallet via https://www.myetherwallet.com/#generate-wallet and take a look and the different options you may have downloaded or saved. Sometimes that can jog your memory.
In the future, it may be prudent to print out a paper version of your wallet and keep it in multiple physical locations.

I'm really sorry.

Very informative, I also have ever read about this thing when creating the MEW at first. i think that if we lost our private key, it is so sad because it means that we cannot restore it, isn't it? But, can we use the keystore?
I suggest those users here in technology make sure that before you participate in bounty program you must able to save your private key in safety files in, order not to regrets at the end when receiving rewards ,it's hard to recover that because you're the only one who knows what it is.

Sanjida
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:56:23 AM

This is absolutely incubus for any investor.the only reason if you lost your private key so never used this eth wallet.because on time you lose them they are not back  and there is no way to recover them.so I think you should very careful for our private Key.   
betece777

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:58:04 AM

As far as I know, if it is lost or you forget it will be very impossible to return it, the private key data is not stored from the web. .
when we make wallets only we know that no one else knows and the web also doesn't know our private key
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 12:07:53 PM

I have lost my etherium wallet private key.Could any one know how to recover my private key.

What can I say about this. Many forum old-timers have already described this situation. Lost key will not return. The error is worth finance. You should duplicate your keys to eliminate problems.

DISPERADO

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 12:09:59 PM

In addition to the private key, you still have the UTC file and password that you entered when you created the wallet. If you have this file and you remember the password, you can log in.

aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:30:02 AM

That is one thing that you do not want to do, if you lose your private key then all of your coins in that wallet is gone. The private key method is designed to keep you safe but it can also be your biggest enemy is you do not keep the keys well, the same thing that keeps others from getting into the wallet without the private key is the same thing that keeps you out

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀