Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:40:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LETS KICK OUT POVERTY USING BITCOIN  (Read 1328 times)
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:54:16 AM

Stepping out of poverty is a decision of the person involved. All we can do is to create awareness as often as possible but the decision cannot be made for anyone. The best you can do for yourself is to take action now and stop doubting.
I agree. People have different point of view in life. It is depend on a person how they are willing to leave  poverty. It is decided by a person if he is willing to know about bitcoin because there is a way to live with financial freedom when you work hard and learn how it works. Bitcoin can be a way to stop poverty, it just us who will accept it and apply on out living. We have to utilize bitcoin well in this matter.
The only one that can kick out the poverty is people who involve to it, if that person is willing to get earn by using Bitcoin then surely they do anything but since some of them have no interest we can assure that we can totally remove the poverty but we can lessen it. Also its depend to someone if they willing to get out from poverty then they will find way but if not then they do nothing.
Veerashanka

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:06:34 AM

Some people claim that Bitcoin will revolutionise the world of centralised systems and on the other side some people think that bitcoin is related to criminal activities. But what is it really about Bitcoin that has led all of us to pay attention to it? For decades we have been fighting for the alleviation of poverty but with the current financial system in order, it is a dream to make everyone feel inclusive especially the ones who have been ignored by the  current banking system for a long time. It's time to let the people know that they have this revolutionary technology in their hands that could end their search for “how to alleviate poverty”?
Bitcoin has the potential to do that. Poverty is mainly caused by these three phenomenons:
Hyper Inflation
Corruption
Financial Exclusion

-Hyper Inflation
Inflation occurs when fiat notes are floated in the market but are not backed up by value. Hence hyper inflation is when the prices increase to an uncontrollable level. Bitcoin are limited in number. When the amount of currency being floated in the market remains limited, there are least chances of inflation and almost none for hyperinflation.

-Corruption
Corruption occurs when a system lacks transparency and efficiency. Bitcoin uses a decentralized peer-to-peer transaction system where every transaction is recorded in the system and no transaction can be made without being verified by the mediator (miners). Blockchain consists of an ongoing chain of blocks that act as ledgers for every transaction. These blocks are there for ever. The records can never be deleted or tempered. This process ensures transparency and enhances reliability.

-Financial Exclusion
Financial institutes, specifically banks,  at present provide a lot of useful services but with high interest rates. These services then become meaningless or unattainable for the middle class people and impossible to avail for the poorer. Hence the poor are never able to attain any of the banking or financial services due to high rates of interest. Bitcoin has a solution to this as well. Bitcoin do not require you to pay any high interests or transaction fees to avail financial services. You simply join in and have a software wallet (or any other as there a number of different wallets to keep your money). You just need to pay a very little fee on transactions otherwise no charges. Hence poor people are not excluded from the system.

The best part of bitcoin is that it doesn't stop anyone from utilizing it,  like internet or a radio. It has no limitations to its implementation.

Marlo0619

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:05:14 PM

Truly poverty is one of the main problems of the different countries all over the world. Those people will overcome this problem if they start learning what is cryptocurrencies especially bitcoin. It will surely change their life.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 03:39:43 PM

I am not sure how bitcoin is going to end the poverty of this world because it is also currency so no one is going to give it for free which makes the people who is going to earn the bitcoin will be much richer and the people who have less salaried and no bitcoins on hold will be same as before because they are struggling to survive their life now so how they will invest on bitcoins.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
██████████████████   █████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
santino11

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 03:48:06 PM

No! this is not possible!
KICKOUT THE POVERTY with bitcoin?
how can this happen if there is many people who dont have the computer and internet?
How can they survive poverty if they dont have money to have the gadget?
How can we encourage people to do it if they dont have the courage?
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 04:12:52 PM

Poverty is a nation wide problem, bitcoin will never be a solution for this. Even though bitcoin or cryptocurrency can provide someone a good opportunity to earn, it will never be a solution. There are a lot of reasons for poverty, economic crisis, lack of jobs and opportunities, education and a lot more.
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 04:18:10 PM

so what we need is a load of daytime T.V. pledges asking for bitcoin donations...... great, that's all I need.
Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 04:22:44 PM

If we have to kick out poverty using bitcoin, then we have to make the bitcoin on its own accessible to the poor. But unfortunately, even those who have bitcoin today are the rich. More also, bitcoin may not be able to stop hyperinflation, it might even fuel it the more.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
Crafts12

Activity: 405
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 04:42:36 PM

but with high interest rates

The interest rates are not high.The banks charge fees for using their services.They make most of their income with fees and commissions.
Bitcoin can't stop hyperinflation or corruption.They are a part of the capitalist society.
Bitcoin can't replace banks,because the process of giving loans can't be 100% automated.

I couldn't agree more. Bitcoin is just a mere currency. It cannot really stop the poverty, corruption, and etc. In addition to that, cryptocurrency cannot replace banks for a reason that there are things that cryptocurrency cannot do that the banks can. The interest of people regarding this aren't that high so basicaaly it cannot be use as a way to kick out poverty. It is a world problem and cryptocurrency cannot do something to stop it.

squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 05:21:35 PM

The interest rates are not high.The banks charge fees for using their services.They make most of their income with fees and commissions.
Bitcoin can't stop hyperinflation or corruption.They are a part of the capitalist society.
Bitcoin can't replace banks,because the process of giving loans can't be 100% automated.

I couldn't agree more. Bitcoin is just a mere currency. It cannot really stop the poverty, corruption, and etc. In addition to that, cryptocurrency cannot replace banks for a reason that there are things that cryptocurrency cannot do that the banks can. The interest of people regarding this aren't that high so basicaaly it cannot be use as a way to kick out poverty. It is a world problem and cryptocurrency cannot do something to stop it.

afraid I have a different opinion, bitcoin is a multi platform trading commodity, it is the embodiment of intellectual property, it is only a currency now as this is the best way to trade it in our reality (if you believe in multiple) poverty and corruption come with power, as the banks have power they control it, bitcoin is designed to remove that power and hand it back to the masses, but more and more we "tie" it to the banks standard, this is counter-intuitive and will not last, your last point about bitcoin "cannot" do anything to stop poverty is with merit, but again its the people choice, not the banks, I have visited some 3rd world country's, and you will be surprised in their huts, having mobile phones and internet that way, its where we get our many scammers here, five bucks can feed their whole family for a month, I have helped build a well for clean water and paid for the trip with bitcoin, where as proper authorised charity's, just hand out bottled water that will last a few days, my gift is for life.

power corrupts, absolute power, corrupts absolutely.
Finestream

Activity: 3038
Merit: 604

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:42:49 PM

Right.Poverty is not just a simple problem,it's already a number one country's problem today.And having bitcoin might not really solve that.But i believe a person who had come to invest on bitcoin for quite a long time will surely increase his quality of living right now.Poverty cannot be totally solve by bitcoin but it will be somehow be minimize if people prefer bitcoin as an investment and as a currency too.

MarchToke

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:02:12 PM

Bitcoin is indeed a good means of kicking out poverty if you will only believe on it and have the balls to take the risk investing on it. I believe that bitcoin can somehow change my way of living too and it is only a matter of time that when it rises back drastically like last year, then i can be rich already.

Biscutard

Activity: 759
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:34:30 PM

Bitcoin is indeed a good means of kicking out poverty if you will only believe on it and have the balls to take the risk investing on it. I believe that bitcoin can somehow change my way of living too and it is only a matter of time that when it rises back drastically like last year, then i can be rich already.
Someone already did that and we all know them because they were the first people to acquire bitcoin and we call them whales today. But anyway it's never been too late for someone if they just want to invest their money only for bitcoin and hold it for 2-5 years, i bet the price of that would get you to the top considering the money that you invested.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 03:38:07 PM

Organizations, Government and individuals having being trying to fight poverty with less result over years, It takes an individual to personally decide to liberate his or herself from poverty by grabbing the opportunities around. Bitcoin have open the door of wealth to the whole world, it is now left for those that are ready to say goodbye to poverty to embrace bitcoin. So many opportunities is embedded in bitcoin.
You right. almost all parties have tried to eliminate poverty. the government with its pro-people policies and provides assistance to the poor. but you are right if there is no individual willingness to change their financial condition. it's useless even though bitcoin comes even if they don't try to change it they will remain poor
There is no doubt individual willingness is one of the factors that could affect each individual because I believe that no matter how good an economy is and how well the government has provided some things for everyone to at least find a way to do well for themselves, there are just some group of people who have built themselves in a way that they just want to keep begging for the rest of their lives, even when they are not handicapped or something.

Poverty is just a state of the mind in some sense but at the same time, in some places, I believe there are people who are willing to want to do something, but they are kind of suppressed due to the way government has decided not to provide enough to help them achieve their aim.

Poverty is something that we cannot just kick out as there are so many factors to be considered when talking about eradication of poverty, and there is no way bitcoin just becomes the solution to that problem.
zoeylee
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 01:18:22 AM

In my opinion, i think it is not that easy to kick out poverty by using Bitcoin. Though bitcoin opens to people a jobs but not all of them used bitcoin because not of them can afford to buy smartphone, laptop or even pay monthly bill for internet connection.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:29:17 PM

I strongly believe in the ability of BItcoin and other Cryptocurrency to kick out poverty. This is a medium for people to switch from high-interest banks to a freeer way to handle their money, this is through cryptocurrency. If all people becomes educated on how it works, how we can trade using it or how can it be more convenient to transact with it, then sooner or later, people will start adapting the technology and leave the old form of money handling. Bitcoin can really be a way for us to breakout from the poverty line (doing bounties and getting paid for it is a first).
You people keep making it sound like bitcoin is some president, government or some god that will just come all the way down, dingle his magic wands and then voila, all poverty stricken people becomes rich all of a sudden.

First and foremost, we have to understand that most poor people are even restricted as they do not even have enough to be able to get access to the internet, let alone, understand what bitcoin is. Secondly, we also have to understand that poverty is not something that would just be eradicated because everyone is using bitcoin, that has a lot to do with the economy, when it comes to people ready to do some things legally to be able to do well for themselves, so I do not see bitcoin as some magical being that would just breathe out for everyone to become rich as that even depends on adoption.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:48:39 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2018, 03:02:53 PM by dupee419

Yes you are definitely right, BTC clearly does have no limitations, basically no one can stop you from what you are doing, and it is possible that with the work of BTC we can help and put a stop to POVERTY and help improve the economy of one's country, it is going to be a long-term and a hard task though, but with the help of the community, I am sure that we can surely reduce poverty.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:35:11 PM

There are still drawbacks from investing or trying to earn from Bitcoin. Yes it has a chance to improve some individual's life but that is when they are earning from it. You see the drawback here is there is no guarantee that they will be earning from Bitcoin, even if it is new money pouring in their country it will only happen if they sold BTC at a higher price when they bought it. You still need to consider that this people below the poverty line lack education and crawling into a risky market like the crypto market is risky if they entered without knowledge of what they are trying to do.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
██████████████████   █████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
reverseflash

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:18:22 PM

Truly poverty is one of the main problems of the different countries all over the world. Those people will overcome this problem if they start learning what is cryptocurrencies especially bitcoin. It will surely change their life.
If those who are on the verge of poverty do not want to do anything to rise higher, then no Bitcoin can fix this situation. In most cases, the problem lies in the person himself, laziness and the desire to get everything without effort will never make a person successful.
virtfund

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 05:28:50 PM

Bitcoin can be a way to stop poverty for lucky individuals, but not for all. People do not become poor suddenly. I met so many people whose families are wealthy. They mostly don't work and don't have a real job. If your dad is a rich man, you wast this money and become a poor, if he is not you earn and save for your children. Number of people who can break this cycle are no so much.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: