Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:09:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who actually invests in ICO's?  (Read 1526 times)
Sylvial

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:31:24 PM

What you need to understand is that there will always be people who will invest in ICOs notwithstanding the state of the market. There are varying motivations for investing in ICOs for each individuals. This is why a project will be tagged an obvious scam, yet people will still invest the such projects.
vina.lugtu

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 06:34:56 PM

From what I know, before an ICO starts, there is someone rich backing it up. ICO's has its way of finding big sponsors. I believe that about 50% of the sold coins were coming from certain groups or individuals that believed in the project. Although majority of them ended up being a scam, a lot of investors are taking risk because of the earning opportunity it can provide. Also, a lot of investor learned their lesson and never invest on ICO's because of those scams.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
michael23

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:36:19 PM

If you hope to get an answer that something like that, that philanthropists and patrons invest in ICO, then it is not so. In ICO, ordinary people who are eager to make a profit invest, this applies to both large and small investors.
CopMom

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:40:27 PM

The answer to who is investing in ICO projects at now can only be investors in cryptocurrency. ICO traders will carefully analyze each ICO project they will invest in, and after they find a potential project, they will begin the investment process from the pre-ICO phase until the project stops the Token Sale.

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:48:40 PM

There's still a lot of ICO investors among us some of these are those who made huge gain in the past ICO that they've invested and they want to continue to make a profit, but some ICO are faking their volume to make it look that investors are coming but in fact they are just the one investing on it.
rodskee

Activity: 2394
Merit: 198

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:54:53 PM

The investors in the icos project is from the trading investor also or the bounty hunters invest as itself where they she/he participate to supprot the project to got earn after the icos end

Invigorated

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:59:51 PM

Actually, with the way things have been these past few months, it makes no sense investing in any ico without real substance. This is because its almost certain that once these projects get listed on an exchange, the price often crashes by over 60% from the ICO price making it almost impossible for investors to get anything out of their investments. The strategy is to wait and buy at a far cheaper rate once it gets listed on the exchanges because it certainly will dump massively. People who invest in ICOs nowadays actually have no idea of the market or they are just plain naive. Investing in ICOs isn't lucrative and shouldn't be embarked upon at the moment,  Probably until the markets return to normal but for now, it's a no go....
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:14:11 PM

To be honest, most of the people over here invest in an ICO just for making some quick profit out of it. If they see a project with huge potential, they also see a hefty amount of profit with it. Thus, with the hope of making huge profit they end up investing on those ICO. Again, there are some people who are genuinely interest on those project and thus invests on the ICO to help the developers.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Sama517

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 11:20:13 PM

I know that most of todays traders are here just to make a quick buck, they dont care about the project, or the idea behind the project, they just want "PUUUPM" and "MOOOON". And with all the scam ICO's that we had in the past( my personal favorite BitConneeeeect) people have lost faith in ICO's. But still new ICO's and new ideas are being published every day, I've seen on some projects that i'm following that they reached their soft or hardcap, but what triggers my mind is: Who is investing in those ICO's, what is the one thing that lures the todays investors into investing in a certain project?
The ICOs frenzy is over. People hardly invest in ICOs this days. They rather wait for the project to be fully launched and proceed on to buy from the exchanges. That is why the ICOs find it difficult to even reach their softcap.

▄▄▄▄▄          REFINE MEDIUM: People's own media          ▄▄▄▄▄
Garrixx

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

ONe Social Network

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:23:21 PM

to be honest, I myself cannot understand who is now investing because I think that it is not profitable to invest my money now on the market

ONe Social Network  Bringing it all Together!   [   ONe   ]
PRESALE  »  12 June   |   https://www.onesocialnetwork.io
BITSPANISH

Activity: 486

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:28:30 PM

I don't know how a stupid thread with stupid tittle like this even can get Merit Smiley). Of course investors are investing in ICO projects Smiley). What do you wanna know more? Name or full identity of each investors or anything else? Everyone whom invest in ICO project also called investors. That's all.

✦ ───   OATH   ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium  ────── ▌▐ 
trofim21

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:39:20 PM

Often, investors are large companies or a group of people who have a large amount of money. There are projects that ordinary people can often invest in. Such projects are related to the implementation of blockchain in real life.
chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:58:22 PM

I'm not sure about "who" the investors are. But, I'm sure that every investor that invests in an ICO is the one who cares about the promising technology and future investments. And of course, they will think whether the ICO is worthy and profitable or not in the future. I think that the investors do believe that the coins that they invest in the iCO will make profits for them. That's why many more investors are entered in such ICOs every day.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
Devawnm367

Activity: 1036
Merit: 144

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 12:40:49 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2018, 03:24:25 PM by Devawnm367

People all around the world invest in New ICO's everyday. The reason being is if the project has a decent marketing team behind it then it will reach more investors. With a good marketer you gain slots and get to speak about your project if you pre register at a blockchain conference. That is where they gain most of their investors. I would say 90% of investors for project meet at some type of blockchain confrence and are presented a new project. Then decide to invest.  

Most major investors like to meet a team firsthand before investing. I used to invest in ICO's but I was scammed one to many times so now i just do twitter bounties and signature campaigns. But without investors and only bounty hunters a project would never succeed. As they would have zero funds. So somewhere people are investing

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Swap, Pool, Stake, or Vote
fortelen

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 03:34:15 AM

investors in addition to seeing the results then also look at the project from the functionality or usability. for example, a lot of interest was about technology. In addition to the results obtained, bus technology that is carried by the ICO also certainly be great expectations can be created and use for the future. Indeed because too many scams make sense of trust in the investment decline. But investors still see that ICO investment potential is still great to be taken.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 03:39:39 AM

I'm not sure about "who" the investors are. But, I'm sure that every investor that invests in an ICO is the one who cares about the promising technology and future investments. And of course, they will think whether the ICO is worthy and profitable or not in the future. I think that the investors do believe that the coins that they invest in the iCO will make profits for them. That's why many more investors are entered in such ICOs every day.
ICO is a bad choice at this time as most ICO projects are now scams and it is difficult to identify good projects. I think in the past few months, investors are experiencing a lot of liquidity issues that make them feel more depressed. I do not believe in new ICO projects because it is very risky in the bear market
engesi

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 03:40:24 AM

Although I don't know how the ICO project attracts other investors, I know why it appeals to me!
1. Project innovation
2. Team strength (including reputation)
3. Partner
4. Good sales channels

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
mullzerwar

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 03:59:07 AM

That should be the trust that the investors give to the project. Hoping that the project will fruit in the future.
Rather than just doubting that all project were bad, Those investors put their trust on a project after doing many research. IMO.
Autumn.MediaGrp
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 04:06:27 AM

they where probably VC / INSTITUTION investor who got in cheaper than anyone knows they pump huge money on there then they will just unload it on market to common people

dicaprio

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 05:26:11 PM

I think that most people who once earned money on ICO and now continue to take part in investing, also bounty hunters who work in the market are the main investors. Now there are very few new investors.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: