Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:14:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Strategy of Scamming People!  (Read 1586 times)
shasan (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1270

Need a Bounty Manager? t.me/shasan32

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 12:34:20 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2018, 09:06:04 AM by shasan
Merited by nutildah (5), trinaldao (5), suchmoon (4), LoyceV (2), lienfaye (2), eddie13 (2), jacktheking (2), hubballi (2), CoinClarity (2), stompix (1), crairezx20 (1), orions.belt19 (1), Financisto (1), Crypto-DesignService (1)

I am not sure where to post this topic. But I am posting on here as I think it should be known to traders to avoid being scammed.

Strategy of Scamming People!

1. Scammers can target 2 people 1 seller and 1 buyer. Scammer will ask act to seller as buyer and to buyer as seller. And keep conversation. Maximum time they will try to avoid contact via bitcointalk. If buyer or seller ask to confirm bitcointalk message then they ask to confirm other party. Once other party send code/bitcointalk message then they will send it. In this way both (seller and buyer will think they are ok) but atlast both will be scammed by 3rd party (scammer)

2. Scammers can ask to use escrow. But they will try to do all conversation on telegram or somewhere else. And they will act as they are busy. And at a time scammer will come to trade, in this time they will use another account too which will be same of escrow. And they will keep you busy sothat you can't think what is going on. And atlast you will be scammed.

3. Paypal, skrill (moneybookers), netellers and others way they can scam by chargeback. ANd many more listed on Payment_methods
4. While taking loan scammers will give you collateral something which they want to sell actually. If you loaned in that case then you will be scammed.
5. Domains rate on auction can be manipulate and if you take that domain as collateral loaned amount will be defaulted and you will be looser.
6. Ask to sign message by myetherwallet but they can send you wrong link from where the can steal your information and as a result all balance from myetherallet. For reference you can see:  Trying to Hack Myetherwallet info by name of "TEDchain Company"
Or A hacking way of myetherwallet.

What should we do to prevent this?

1. Make any final deal over bitcointalk message or thread. Not any other way. You can discuss anywhere for first conversation but final deal must be on bitcointalk.
2. If anyone ask for change any wallet id anywhere except bitcointalk avoid it. If ask on bitcointalk then ask to very via signature.
3. Do not trade anyone on PayPal, skrill (moneybookers), netellers if s/he is not reputed.
4. While conversation out of bitcointalk make confirm via bitcointalk either that account is correct or not.
5. Do not take domain as collateral. If you take then judge either they trying to sell or not.
6. You may use Few Trusted Escrow Provider as escrow to avoid scam.
7. Never share private key and also double check where you entering private key.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shasan (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 05:30:45 PM

Updated
Rambotnic

Activity: 350
Merit: 22

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:57:30 PM

Thanks for this but that's the currency exchange section.
Your advice should be posted here -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0
Thebabybillionaire

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 04:19:38 PM

Your advice should be posted here -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0
I think it's better to beginners and help section. To aware and to know how to prevent this, specially newbies.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
shasan (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 04:22:53 PM

It is not scam accusation against anyone. So it should be on Beginners & Help section. And done accordingly.
I think it's better to beginners and help section. To aware and to know how to prevent this, specially newbies.
Probably you have not noticed that it is already on Beginners & Help section. Thanks anyway for your concern.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:56:47 PM

Try to keep this thread on top or tell anyone from admin to pin it as it will be very useful for any members who are gong to deal or making deal will be very helpfull.

What you mentioned are the main points of scammers who are scamming users intelligently.

shasan (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 01:26:41 PM

Try to keep this thread on top or tell anyone from admin to pin it as it will be very useful for any members who are gong to deal or making deal will be very helpfull.

What you mentioned are the main points of scammers who are scamming users intelligently.
Will keep to keep it up and it goes well then will knock admin to make it as pin post.

It is useful for beginer to avoid and dealing with the situation to be scammed. Thanks
You are right.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:56:10 AM

Thanks you so much for giving such useful advice to avoid being  hacked . I'm a newbie investor  , it is neccesary for me to get those information
Dont be scammed and hacked. Protect yourself at your own cost.

When dealing with someone here in the forum use with legit escrow. OP you may want to add this link for escrows --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2439910.0

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:51:53 AM

That is true mate. I have found an OTC telegram group recently. When I have joined the group, a random guy asks me to deal with him. Then I was asked, "how can I trust you?" He said, he likes to deal with escrow. The group has only one admin. He was the scammer. Then dealing with escrows have a high risk at this moment. The beware with that kind of scammers guys.
shasan (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 09:22:08 PM

When dealing with someone here in the forum use with legit escrow.
I prefer to use https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5047302
So listing it on my op.

Then dealing with escrows have a high risk at this moment. The beware with that kind of scammers guys.
You can use high reputed bitcointalk users as escrow you can see the link on this post and also on OP.

For someone who's not too familiar with the way scammers trick people your post can be real savior.
This post is to make savior.

Thanks for you great information as it will really help us especially who are newbie so once again thanks.
I will be glad if this post can be helpful for anyone.
TribalBob

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 10:53:54 PM

This is another thread that very informative and useful, to know how the way of people scamming and how to prevent being scam.
There is also a lot of scam attempt in Telegram, pretending to be Admin of ICO's and Exchanger Support, promising a big profit by joining Paid Trading Channel. We should always protect ourself anywhere out there.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
shasan (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 12:23:27 PM

There is also a lot of scam attempt in Telegram, pretending to be Admin of ICO's and Exchanger Support, promising a big profit by joining Paid Trading Channel. We should always protect ourself anywhere out there.
Now a days scam attempt on telegram is very common. Scammers pretend like a escrow and then they scam coin/dollars. I have faced this type of problem several times but all times scammer ran out without any success.

Its frightening actually.
You are right. And for that scam attempt we should always stay aware that's why created the post.
coinexplorer1

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 12:52:33 PM

I think that's crucial information to spread and it could be helpful if people could share their own personal stories as well as those scammers will have new tricks soon and too many people fall for it.
shasan (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 04:25:22 PM

I think that's crucial information to spread and it could be helpful if people could share their own personal stories as well as those scammers will have new tricks soon and too many people fall for it.
Scammer are to much clever in this case if people can share their experience it will be helpful to others. So, hopefully think if anyone face any scam activity in a new way, please share on this thread.
denmark00

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 09:40:07 AM

I don't think so. Post it in beginner and help is the right place to help beginner avoid scam around us.
LOLpenguin
Copper Member

Activity: 51

I like crypto podcasts...

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:42:07 PM

Thanks for sharing OP! Good job, it is really important to users like you to find the time and help others to see through the scams.

Here's also one good thread about different scams. I think it is important for people to know all sorts of scams, so they can prevent them from happening.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5039620.0

◄◄◄ Love the Crypto and Blockchain Talk podcast - listen here: www.cryptoandblockchaintalk.com ►►►

◄◄◄ LOL, funny crypto cover - "That's Not My Coin" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAcFrToY0Uw ►►►
shasan (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 06:37:54 PM

Great would be to hear of projects that are dodgy as well.
Will try to write in future.

I don't think so. Post it in beginner and help is the right place to help beginner avoid scam around us.

That's why now it is on "Beginners & Help" Board.

I think it is important for people to know all sorts of scams, so they can prevent them from happening.
Exactly.
CoinClarity

Activity: 281
Merit: 77

You got questions? We got answers. coinclarity.com

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2018, 04:32:50 AM
Merited by jacktheking (1)

These are some good tips for newbs to this forum. I encourage everyone to stay away from making transactions on this forum until they have a thorough understanding of how the money transfer systems they are using work; for instance, the blockchain, Skrill and Paypal.

This place has been attracting scammers worldwide for as long as I can remember, and even though its a vital source of crypto-related information its also got a notoriously fraudulent side as well.

shasan (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2018, 12:44:22 AM

This place has been attracting scammers worldwide for as long as I can remember, and even though its a vital source of crypto-related information its also got a notoriously fraudulent side as well.
Scammers is on everywhere just need to find out and stay away from them.

There are some good tips here. your useful information already helped us to stay away scam.
Glad to hear that it helped you to avoid scam.
imToken

Activity: 392
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:46:19 AM

This kind of content is very good, I hope that beginners can seriously understand, otherwise it will be very common to be deceived in the cryptocurrency market in the future. There are countless scammers here, they are persecutors of cryptocurrencies.

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: