Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:10:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Undervalued coins  (Read 5030 times)
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:46:44 PM

Digitalcoin has superb development.
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:47:26 PM

OP, you should change the title of this thread to YACoin.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:51:05 PM

OSC, GLD, DGC, DTC, MMC. everything else is overvalued && overhyped.

OSC- Only coin that can't be flashmined, forked, or frozen at high difficulty. highest starting diff of any coin.

GLD- Good dev team(akumabarn and co), 51% resistant. great example of a coin that was born as a scam and adopted by the community and resurrected. it never gets the respect it deserves though.

DGC- Solid Dev team and large community. Coin itsself has some interesting hidden features that i will not get into at this time.

DTC- Interesting concept and idea behind it. Innovative Dev team.

MMC- Dev is a crackhead, but nonetheless this coin deserves more respect for its innovative hashing algorithm and voting system.

that's my .02 btc worth

notable mention: FRK

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 04:55:39 PM

Thanks OP for mentioning FRK.

The pawnshops are actually located in Atlanta Ga USA, and we are an active/sponsoring member of 4 chambers of commerce. Our plan is to become the regional currency for the state of North Carolina over the next couple years and branch outward while adopting the latest and greatest coin features.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:10:43 PM

Yep, goldcoin is on the 1st page, under a bunch of actual real gold coin sites, which basically just looks confusing.

And never said goldcoin was a pump and dump. It's more of a slow slide to oblivion -- 20K or so less current market cap than the mighty catcoin. It'd be better if goldcoin was new, as then at least there would be an excuse for the low marketcap.

Our marketcap is not speculative.. it's real.. people are buying and selling video games and other items with GoldCoin.. it's actually in use.

How many of those coins on the top 50 list have fake market caps with little to no depth or worse have released only a fraction of the coins they claim to the actual public to trade with??

In any case, the new client will boost things up quite a bit. I don't need you or anyone to buy GoldCoin, but it is worth looking into. We are going to be living up to our slogan soon.

They were some nice superblocks that were shoved into the coin for the premine.

That isn't a criticism, I would have done the same at that point in crypto-history.

NB: Last time I downloaded the client I got a malicious file warning. It put me off running the client, so when you update you might want to look into that (assuming you haven't already).

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:29:32 PM

Quark - it should be at $1 at least considering it's features and it was the first coin which brought multiple hashing to attention. With the right promotion it will go up 100 fold.
EdwardWitten

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:58:12 PM

Of course it's going to be a thread of bagholders. As they say: put your money where your mouth is.

Now, my personal list would be split in 2 categories:

Great mechanisms

• Peercoin (PPC) : This coin is undervalued. It combines the great idea that is PoS/PoW hybrid network security with a strong and large following. We should see it rise steadily in the long run.
  • Vertcoin (VTC): Pure anti-ASIC coins are not a good thing IMO. Sure, ASIC lead to increased centralization of the hashing power, but it also means more efficient mining = less energy waste. I think that VTC's slowly scheduled scrypt difficulty increase strikes a good balance between both. You don't need to run gigantic power intensive CPU farms to mine efficiently, but you don't need to buy expensive ASIC either. Similar to YaCoin but the community its stronger => more value.
  • Darkcoin (DRK): Truly anonymous cryptos are going to thrive, no question here. It's the internet after all.
  • Gridcoin (GRC): Who doesn't want to help science. Probably one of the most 'justifiable' coins out there, since your hash-power doesn't go to 'waste'.

Other good stuff going on for them

• Digitalcoin (DGC) : It's yet another scrypt clone, sure, but it's one of the earliest. For some reasons it seems to be as legit as LTCs in the collective mind. Good, small and strong community of active developers (cryptoave exchange, free bank of dgc, dgc foundation). There is good potential for growth if it doesn't get drowned in the massive sea of alts.
  • Maxcoin (MAX): Sure the launch was a flop and it went downhill from there... but it's still seen as THE sha3 coin. And since sha3 is the successor of sha2, it could eventually be seen as btc 2.0. Not too sure about it though Wink.

Finally Auroracoin is probably not undervalued at the moment, but I bought some anyway. Hell it has a freaking country backing it.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:17:02 PM

How about primecoin? Is undervalued? Anybody can write previsions about then future of this coin?
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:43:56 PM

CGB all the way. It's a multi-million dollar coin, very rare (less than 1 million coins), and it's sitting on the alltime low trading range.  

They now have a large professional team that is serious about the business and a growing community of longterm investors. This coin can become a real biggy.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245086.0

http://www.gotcrypto.net/#
drippx

Activity: 539
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:55:35 PM

takeicoin, its really cheap now at 400sat, its for a good cause like human rights and this seems to be the new trend  like with maza and aurora so who knows, im in spread the word
wasamata

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:03:04 PM

no he should change it to "ramp your portfolio" Roll Eyes

griffinriz

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:11:32 PM

Vert and NXT.
Tenemo

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:19:54 PM

Digibyte [DGB]. I've been mining it for quite some time (3 weeks) and it's quite profitable. Moreover, the devs are really good + the community is quite big, I believe this coin gets most of its Cryptsy votes as free ones from single users. Devs want it not to be another speculative coin and actually make it being used as a "real" money, but for me it's a good specualtive coin, still Cheesy
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:36:40 PM

no he should change it to "ramp your portfolio" Roll Eyes

Or "popularity contest" since that is really how it all boils down. What determines that value of a coin should be some sort of innovation, rather than the ability of the "devs" to clone a repository. It's all smoke and snake oil around here lately.   
fmg

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:31:35 PM

I'd say Digitalcoin, Peercoin, and maybe Securecoin, Namecoin, and Primecoin. The first two coins should be valued more, and I think they will be soon, by a huge factor in fact. The last three need some work in terms of infrastructure and marketing, but if they had that they could be huge. Just my 2 cents.
juanichiloco

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:01:25 AM

PesetaCoin (PTC) clearly. Some days ago it had a difficulty of 1 and now it has a difficulty of 300! Plus it is the only coin implementing Kimoto Gravity Well and merged mining. The price has rised from 500 Satoshis to 10000 Satoshis, and then it went down to 7000 Satoshis. I think (and hope) it will grow a lot more.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Voluntold

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:19:24 AM

Nxt:  NXT-5BHG-9VRE-QGW6-DRZVQ
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:41:09 AM

infinitecoin, cachecoin, litecoin!
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:46:04 AM

The most undervalued coin currently is Microcoin MRC. I have larger holdings in other more established cryptos, but if you want the truth, this is it. Do the research and check it out. 3 Satoshi last I checked. Great name, logo, team, plans. ASIC resistant and coded to increase in value over time. Works great. I think people just missed it focusing on hype coins rather than the next VTC. Stumbled into it on accident looking at low Satoshi joke coins and found something serious. #71 Market cap, has lots of room to grow for early buyers.

http://microcoin.alcurex.info

Grrizz

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:03:15 AM

Pretty much every coin is atm Wink but...

I think Noble is ridiculously undervalued, the strength of its dev team puts it second to none IMO.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: