Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:40:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BlockRace - First bitcoin game that's 100% on the blockchain http://blockrace.co  (Read 1776 times)
elephantas1

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:16:11 PM

is it just me or the site isnt working?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BlockRace (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:15:50 AM

is it just me or the site isnt working?

We had a bit of a technical issue earlier... but everything is back to normal... come join the race to the next block!
FundsMoney

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

BTC will change the world

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:30:53 PM

I played a couple of bets and noticed that immediately after i place one 0.01 bet, another one is placed on top of mine, at 5-10 secs. difference.
My guess is you have a 'bot' that places bets immediately after a player bets, to always be the top player and win it all.

I know blocks can't be predicted, but this way you increase your chances exponentially.

I may be wrong, but this is my first impression.
Will play more soon.

Regards.

-- if you want this space, PM me --
BlockRace (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:21:14 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 03:19:47 PM by BlockRace

I played a couple of bets and noticed that immediately after i place one 0.01 bet, another one is placed on top of mine, at 5-10 secs. difference.
My guess is you have a 'bot' that places bets immediately after a player bets, to always be the top player and win it all.

I know blocks can't be predicted, but this way you increase your chances exponentially.

I may be wrong, but this is my first impression.
Will play more soon.

Regards.

It does indeed look like there might be some kind of bot playing on our site. Notice, however, that even bots do not really have an advantage, and they are actually taking a big risk of not entering a block, and losing their entire deposit.

Additionally, even the bot might *just* miss being the last transaction of a game, so all a bot is really doing, is taking big risks, and we believe that in the long run, it would not be any more, or any less profitable than playing manually.

In any case, we have been offline for a few hours while we made some improvements for everybody, and we're back online now, so we'll be glad to have you all back and playing.
Michael_Poland

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:47:30 PM

There is definitely a bot. I checked the site and saw no one had won for 6 hours. I placed a bet and literally 5 seconds later another bet was placed. Indeed the bots are taking a huge risk, but they know that most people are going to make a few bets and then stop to limit losses.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: