Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:14:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will putting regulations to some aspect of cryptocurrency make it centralized  (Read 155 times)
Looking-upto-vod (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:06:17 PM

Hello crypto enthusiast
 One biggest joy of the cryptocurrency world is it been decentralized and not under any regulations from external bodies like SEC or any governmental bodies. The cryptocurrency decentralisation is good and also bad. 

We have seen so many scam ico taking advantage of investors and also bounty hunters the easy at which some dick And Harry can just wake up and create a token claiming that it is the answer to the problem of a particular sector be it health, law or even movie is not so good. 

More and more ico are organised with over 80% percent being a scam and a good part of the other 20% just end up shitty

Not alone is this issue peculiar to ico also exchanges other than their being scam exchanges that defraud people of there properties also the real or would I say available exchanges can just be free to get away when ever they have been attacked by theft and hackers with out giving any compassion to its affected customers

My question is if there are regulations that will be in place to bring law and order in this section of cryptocurrency will that make crypto centralized?

Well from my own perspective I would say no.  I don't think you can make crypto centralized by make this necessary regulations. A lot of people are losing money and much more as a result of the activities of some fraudulent people.

It's time the cryptocurrency world set up an internal regulations that will protect enthusiast to an extent because no one can complete eradicate crime  but if there are measure put in place and also punishment for those found guilty it will restrict other from going the same lane.

PS. The safety of cryptocurrency will encourage the growth and wide spread of cryptocurrency
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:26:54 AM

only because there's certain laws and regulations around crypto doesn't make it centralized, but instead companies doing shady things can be stopped.
in no way could that make it centralized even if it was wanted to!

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:52:47 AM

I'd rather say it is regulated (and it is not about crypto in general, it's about ICO). And even if it has become "centralized", then that's not really bad if we can stop people from stealing other's money.

There are several countries that have started to regulate ICO, and there is a news UAE will start to allow them in 2019. I think more countries will do the same.
mistersehmuz

Activity: 294
Merit: 27

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:22:05 AM

Regulatory uncertainty affects the market and investors' decisions. So we need critical regulations on cryptocurrency market.  @elda34b is right, especially scam/fraud ICOs are dangerous for the development of the market and BQ is also correct that It doesn't necessarily mean centralization of cryptocurrencies.
Ardavan2150

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 10:41:10 AM

I totally agree with your point, but...
The anonymity concept in the crypto world is what makes it tough to enforce laws and regulation to it. You can create an entirely fake ICO with fake team members and fake token and trick people into buying it. The "internet police" cannot do anything about it since everything is anonymous. I think rather than relying on SEC, we just need to educate ourselves and other newbies to stay away from the fake/scam projects and stay safe out there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: