Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:09:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammers claiming to be Poloniex, but are not  (Read 2304 times)
Tomahawkcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

A True Token of Appreciation

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 09:15:51 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 09:46:41 PM by Tomahawkcoin

Here is my experience with Busoni

Name : Tristan D'agosta
Email Address : PoloneixExchange@gmail.com

I am Busoni admin of Polo Exchange,

We have been reading through your thread and are wondering if you would like to be added to our exchange. We feel we could bring a lot of attention to your project from our customer base.

We currently offer:

Coin addition: 0.25 BTC
Holding of ICO: .5 BTC

Please let us know how you feel of our offer,

Regards
Tristan D' agosta

https://steemit.com/crypto/@tomahawkcoin/busoni-scam-don-t-fall-for-it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bible_pay

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 09:20:44 PM

Subject: Addition Of Biblepay

Message Body:

Hi,
I am Tristan admin of Poloniex Exchange,

We have been reading through your thread and are wondering if you would like to be added to our exchange. We feel we could bring a lot of attention to your project from our customer base.

We are adding 5 new tokens to our exchange on October 15th. If we could here back about our proposal before then would be great.

We currently offer token addition 0.25BTC. 

This price can also be paid in partial with token bounty payment + BTC

Regards

Tristan D'agosta

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:16:32 PM

Didn't expect to read up that there are still some coin developer or owners do able to receive such emails even nowadays knowing that these scamming attempts is already been known and wont really work
because basing on the current support system of poloniex it would be a surprising thing that they would have the time to scrape up coin owners and sent out some emails about listing.
In first place it is already shady as hell.
VBCryp@

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:42:05 AM

A comment today on this page of my site:
https://bipcoin.org/?page_id=25

says:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hi,

we have been reading through your thread and are wondering if you would like to be added to our exchange. We feel we could bring a lot of attention to your project from our customer base.

We currently offer:

Coin addition: 1 BTC
Holding of ICO: 2 BTC

Regards
Tristan D’iagosta

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

It claims to be from  Tristan D’ agosta
at email
poloneixexchange@gmail.com

IP
 is in  Ireland, Laois, Portlaoise
is not a proxy. Is sent from a mobile network.

While I'm sure the person at the other end of this email would take my Bitcoin if I responded enthusiastically, I'm sure it would not result in my coin BipCoin being listed on Poloniex Exchange.

First, that's not Tristan's email. I know Tristan's email address because a friend whose coin is on Poloniex gave me an introduction. Tristan's email is not a gmail address.

Second, I doubt anyone at Poloniex Exchange has a gmail address that misspells "Poloniex"!  lol.

Just wanted to give a heads up for any other altcoin devs who recieve the same scammy message. It's not Poloniex. And these people will probably come up with a different email now that spells Poloniex right, like
PoloniexTristan@gmail.com
or something like that.

Poloniex company email addresses are not gmail addresses.

MWD
BipCoin dev team
This seems to be a trend for scammers. I also noticed a warning at Idax.mn. Be careful and do not believe any email or DM you receive from anyone.
https://idax.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016108471--Risk-Warning-Be-wary-of-fraudsters-posing-as-IDAX-employees-for-illegal-activities-
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:27:20 PM

A comment today on this page of my site:
https://bipcoin.org/?page_id=25

says:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hi,

we have been reading through your thread and are wondering if you would like to be added to our exchange. We feel we could bring a lot of attention to your project from our customer base.

We currently offer:

Coin addition: 1 BTC
Holding of ICO: 2 BTC

Regards
Tristan D’iagosta

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

It claims to be from  Tristan D’ agosta
at email
poloneixexchange@gmail.com

IP
 is in  Ireland, Laois, Portlaoise
is not a proxy. Is sent from a mobile network.

While I'm sure the person at the other end of this email would take my Bitcoin if I responded enthusiastically, I'm sure it would not result in my coin BipCoin being listed on Poloniex Exchange.

First, that's not Tristan's email. I know Tristan's email address because a friend whose coin is on Poloniex gave me an introduction. Tristan's email is not a gmail address.

Second, I doubt anyone at Poloniex Exchange has a gmail address that misspells "Poloniex"!  lol.

Just wanted to give a heads up for any other altcoin devs who recieve the same scammy message. It's not Poloniex. And these people will probably come up with a different email now that spells Poloniex right, like
PoloniexTristan@gmail.com
or something like that.

Poloniex company email addresses are not gmail addresses.

MWD
BipCoin dev team
You are smart enough to be able to cut the scam and  many people are fall victim of this scam activity every day. I will advice that we should be careful especially this time that we are new in cryptocurrencies development. Many experts scammers are going to come out with many ways of scamming people and our thinking before fall victim is very important as it is easy to identified scam if you are not greedy.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: