Author Topic: Turkey  (Read 142 times)
SAL12345 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:43:12 PM

Hi,
Newbie questions here:

Can I buy bitcoins and load them into an account in Turkey ?  Has anyone done it before with a Turkish bank ? Do banks ask questions if I convert bitcoins to cash ? or they will never guess from where the money came from.

Also what's the minimum and maximum I can buy.

Is it cheaper than doing bank transfer ?

Cheers and sorry for this, I tried to look on the forum but no answers.

KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:52:26 PM

Hi,
Newbie questions here:

Can I buy bitcoins and load them into an account in Turkey ?  Has anyone done it before with a Turkish bank ? Do banks ask questions if I convert bitcoins to cash ? or they will never guess from where the money came from.

Also what's the minimum and maximum I can buy.

Is it cheaper than doing bank transfer ?

Cheers and sorry for this, I tried to look on the forum but no answers.

To begin with, you want to hold your bitcoin in private keys that you control and nobody else knows. Anything else is unsafe.

Bitcoin is cheaper then doing bank transfers especially if we're talking amounts of 600 dollars or more. Maybe the banks will lower their parasitic fees on transfers once bitcoin starts eating into their profits.

There is no maximum bitcoin you can buy (as long as you have infinite money). There is a practical minimum and that is the current lowest possible transaction fee that will get a transaction included in the next block.

Also if you get a small amount of bitcoin like $10 worth and the transaction fee ends up taking 10 cents of it the percentage is going to be greater than if you were to buy $100 worth of bitcoin.

Why are you buying bitcoin?

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3841

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:53:34 PM

A lot of your questions depend hugely on what service you're planning on using to actually buy/sell the bitcoin. Can you give us more information on what you're trying to do here?

Can I buy bitcoins and load them into an account in Turkey ?
Please explain "load them into an account in Turkey"

Do banks ask questions if I convert bitcoins to cash ?
Based on my experience, this depends on what service I used to transfer the funds to my bank account. If I used a more well known service, no questions asked. If I used a lesser known service that's unknown to the bank, then chances are they're going to ask some questions.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
SAL12345 (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 04:08:21 PM

A lot of your questions depend hugely on what service you're planning on using to actually buy/sell the bitcoin. Can you give us more information on what you're trying to do here?

I want to buy a property in Turkey and I need to move money to an account in Turkey

Can I buy bitcoins and load them into an account in Turkey ?
Please explain "load them into an account in Turkey"

[/quote]

like do a transfer, deposit the money in the account

Do banks ask questions if I convert bitcoins to cash ?
Based on my experience, this depends on what service I used to transfer the funds to my bank account. If I used a more well known service, no questions asked. If I used a lesser known service that's unknown to the bank, then chances are they're going to ask some questions.
[/quote]

who are these well known services
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3841

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 04:18:13 PM

Your BBCode tags are messed up. So let me get this straight. Your planning on buying a property in Turkey. So what are you trying to do? Buy bitcoin and use the bitcoin to pay for the property? Or sell your bitcoin for you to have enough Turkish lira to pay for the property? I'm kinda confused.

The services I was talking about were local services. I always suggest using Localbitcoins.com when talking about sites to buy and sell bitcoin though.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
SAL12345 (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 04:21:25 PM

Your BBCode tags are messed up. So let me get this straight. Your planning on buying a property in Turkey. So what are you trying to do? Buy bitcoin and use the bitcoin to pay for the property? Or sell your bitcoin for you to have enough Turkish lira to pay for the property? I'm kinda confused.

The services I was talking about were local services. I always suggest using Localbitcoins.com when talking about sites to buy and sell bitcoin though.

Sorry for the previous post.

I am trying to buy a property in Turkey, now I guess they are not going to accept BTC, so I want to convert USD into cash, then sell it and deposit the money into a Turkish bank, this way to avoid fees and to have more flexibility in terms in not changing currencies if I decide not to buy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: