Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:16:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What should we do if asking reply ICO ANN thread from external links ?  (Read 158 times)
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 07:40:23 PM

I have noticed, most of ICO has been asking reply on ANN thread by their Airdrop from. Perhaps they are trying to avoid thread trash. Reply ask from external source and paid for it should consider paid bumping, and according to rules thread will be trashed.

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here.

Report to moderators will not effective, because they have not asked on thread. They are asking by airdrop from or any others external source.
What should we do if found similar case ?

I believe asking reply on ANN thread one of the main reason of spam. Also fake reply misguide other members and investors.

I have created a thread on reputation, List of ICO ANN thread bumper so moderator could take a look. Tread should leave on there or move on meta ?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marcel555

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:07:47 PM

I don't think they have to solicit for engagements here for mods and admins to take action.
If there is evidence, you can flag the thread and let them investigate. And I believe if discovered such threads would be trashed.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 10:18:57 PM

This could be seen as a grey area. IMO If bounty campaign requires participants to post X posts in their ANN thread - then it's against the rules and should be punished. But some could say that the rule (you quoted) applies only to "insubstantial posts", so campaign requiring "constructive posts" in the ANN thread - is within the rules.

The tricky part is when ANN and Bounty threads are started by different forum accounts, ANN's author could claim he's not responsible for bounty thread and google form etc.

When reporting to mods, it's probably best to include archive link with proof and explain clearly what the issue is.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 04:28:29 AM

The tricky part is when ANN and Bounty threads are started by different forum accounts, ANN's author could claim he's not responsible for bounty thread and google form etc.

How they claim that they aren't responsible? Google form are embeds on the thread. No way to skip if OP is same. And I am not asking about bounty managers. I am asking whoever required this kind of shady reply. They are requiring to leave good reply on ANN thread in order to get airdrop payment. So it will consider paid bumping and Alt coins giveaway. Which isn't allow by forum rules.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 05:19:50 AM

Report to moderators will not effective, because they have not asked on thread. They are asking by airdrop from or any others external source.
What should we do if found similar case ?
It will be (location is irrelevant, when it comes to cases falling under the following category):

you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

Tread should leave on there or move on meta ?
Since you're trying to report the way "BLUECHIPS" is conducting their "airdrop on this forum", it belongs to "meta".

Lock this thread and continue with the other one.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████