Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:16:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi isn't dead, just HODLING  (Read 814 times)
pungopete468 (OP)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:18:30 AM

The recent post allegedly written by Satoshi himself on P2Pfoundation could potentially prove to be a very powerful market mover.

Satoshi has been here all along and none of the events that we've experienced have swayed Satoshi to sell any of his Bitcoins. Satoshi values Bitcoin with much higher regard than any exchange amount we've seen yet.

So just to summarize:

- Satoshi is still alive and well.
- Satoshi is still personally invested heavily in the security of the blockchain and the Bitcoin protocol.
- Satoshi has not sold a single one of his coins; even in times of turmoil or mass FUD.
- The value of Satoshi to Bitcoin cannot be understated.

Bitcoin just became more attractive in my opinion. I wonder if the market will react in kind?

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SpeculateThis

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:40:16 AM

repost:

If this post proves that the real Satoshi is indeed alive and still observing the evolution of bitcoin, does this concern anyone else that he can still do anything, at anytime, with his mountains of coins?

We have known that this has been a possibility all along, but if the post is authentic, it means that he hasn't simply "walked away" from Bitcoin and is still keeping tabs on it. It makes me a little more uncomfortable to know that one person with that kind of capital leverage is quietly observing everything with unknown intentions......
cbutters

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:46:04 AM

Market is not moving because investors don't even know what to make of this..... Its like Giant Zombie George Washington walked up to the Capitol Building holding the federal reserve in his giant hand and was either about to shake it or set it down gently....   All of this is unprecedented..... I almost suspect the satoshi message at P2P could just have just been hacked by a troll though.... if Satoshi really wanted to send a message he would encrypt a message using his known keys I would suspect.
pungopete468 (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:46:07 AM

repost:

If this post proves that the real Satoshi is indeed alive and still observing the evolution of bitcoin, does this concern anyone else that he can still do anything, at anytime, with his mountains of coins?

We have known that this has been a possibility all along, but if the post is authentic, it means that he hasn't simply "walked away" from Bitcoin and is still keeping tabs on it. It makes me a little more uncomfortable to know that one person with that kind of capital leverage is quietly observing everything with unknown intentions......

I would think that most would consider it more of a re-assurance... Consider also that there are opponents of Bitcoin who actually have a truly unlimited amount of money, also consider that less than 10% of all Bitcoins in existence are trading on exchange sites...

To me it emphasizes the future of Bitcoin.

Market is not moving because investors don't even know what to make of this..... Its like Giant Zombie George Washington walked up to the Capitol Building holding the federal reserve in his giant hand and was either about to shake it or set it down gently....   All of this is unprecedented..... I almost suspect the satoshi message at P2P could just have just been hacked by a troll though.... if Satoshi really wanted to send a message he would encrypt a message using his known keys I would suspect.

That's a good piece of imagery... I like it.

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
skibe

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:53:53 AM

repost:

Concerning his intentions, I doubt Satoshi has any ill will toward his own creation.  If anything, like many/most/maybe all of us on here hope for, he believes that BTC will become a much more dominant force than it currently is
SpeculateThis

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:54:33 AM

repost:

I would think that most would consider it more of a re-assurance... Consider also that there are opponents of Bitcoin who actually have a truly unlimited amount of money, also consider that less than 10% of all Bitcoins in existence are trading on exchange sites...

Great points. No disrespect, but just want to point out - your argument supports the "Shit Bitcoin Fanatics Say" stereotype http://www.coindesk.com/funny-bitcoin-video/.
SpeculateThis

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:06:07 AM

repost:

Concerning his intentions, I doubt Satoshi has any ill will toward his own creation.  If anything, like many/most/maybe all of us on here hope for, he believes that BTC will become a much more dominant force than it currently is

Been involved with Bitcoin since early 2013 and I've seen waaayyyy too much shady shit go on to trust anyone in this space when it comes to big amounts of free money. Don't get me wrong, there are some great, trustworthy, people involved, but when there's life-changing amounts of money on the line ( MILLION$) reality starts to set in and people get real.

Satoshi will be forever remembered as an individual who invented a revolutionary piece of technology, but he's a human-being like you and I, not some mythical god.
pungopete468 (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:06:52 AM

repost:

Great points. No disrespect, but just want to point out - your argument supports the "Shit Bitcoin Fanatics Say" stereotype http://www.coindesk.com/funny-bitcoin-video/.

No disrespect taken. I'm not afraid to own what I say, and that's my honest opinion based on evidence that I consider factual... If my opinion makes me a fanatic, then so be it. That doesn't make me wrong.

I don't consider myself a fanatic, but I'll admit to being a strong supporter. I think Bitcoin has the potential to make the world a better place, I support the opportunity...

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:22:14 AM

Market is not moving because investors don't even know what to make of this..... <snip>
Market is not moving because investors know that 'this' is irrelevant.

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: