Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:21:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for ICO, is it good or bad idea?  (Read 1992 times)
arsenalx420
Copper Member

Activity: 369
Merit: 0

simply getting the job done

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 08:16:46 AM

I think that kyc is not really very important to sign up for any project in cryptocurrency, Because you can't defend your identity because there are so mamy identy thefts going on and some people may sell your KYC information for money. In my view, KYC can't play any role for making your investments in ICO projects worth taking the risk of losing your identity. Cryptocurrency was introduced so that people can stay unanimous but this KYC procedure makes it look like not so much of what Satoshi dreamt of cryptocurrency.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
GodsChosenVessel
Copper Member

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 08:23:16 AM

Kyc is good but for investors alone, so that they can know those that bought their coins (investors). But I don't buy the idea of doing kyc for bounty hunters.

Ethereum Next is a brand-new cryptocurrency
 Twitter      ⟹ Ethereum Next  ⟸     telegram
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:16:17 AM

For me kyc is a bad idea, it tainted the purpose of crypto currencies that prmoise anonymity feature, and I dont feel secure to submit my data over to unknown site, many people against the kyc procedure and some used the fake id, the one that need kyc actually the developers and the teams, it can prevent scam project
Yshakov.v

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:20:06 AM

I think identity verification is bad for us all. After all, we do not get $ 10,000-100.000$
indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 09:26:42 AM

This is certainly a good thing. with the KYC report distribution certainly makes clear her arena has customer data. Perhaps many who fear their data to be misused and I also like that. but at least as long as it is good and worth to ICO followed then take a risk is also not a big problem.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
nekonyun

Activity: 882
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:34:20 AM

I think it's good because the purpose of kyc is to avoid money laundering and fraud and kyc is very necessary for investors because to be an investor data is needed
arendator

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:38:38 AM

I think it is not a good idea, many people do not want to show their documents, because very often you can find them at the black market after ICO )).

arendator

Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:40:14 AM

Kyc is good but for investors alone, so that they can know those that bought their coins (investors). But I don't buy the idea of doing kyc for bounty hunters.

In most of the cases bounty hunters don't like KYC, because they have many multiple accounts in bounty campaigns, but I do not see any problem to buy this documents ).

Abu Shadow

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:40:42 AM

The reason why those have potential projects will undergo KYC on their investors as they wanted to get listed on big exchanges. Seems that the team had no choice but to process KYC if they are targeting to get listed in binance or on those top exchanges.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
Westinhome

Activity: 1624
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 09:55:21 AM

For me it is good to have a KYC in the ICO because they knows of which investor invest in the ICO. And can avoid to those people are trying to invest even if they are not invested. Even in the bounty campaign making a KYC was better for me because the are have some participant wants to steal or copy some link of the bitcointalk account.
krassy (OP)

Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 09:57:23 AM

Most of you think and talk about KYC for investors, for bounties, for airdrops, but I offer KYC for ICO, for all CEO and founders of projects we follow. Tthis will increase our level of confidence to the projects.
Now many projects require to pass the procedure of KYC from their participants, but we can also introduce the passage of this procedure for the founders of the projects. If the team wants to enter the market with its own token and a new project,then let the KYC go like everyone else. Yeah, that sounds like control. But even in a decentralized world, we can make a platform  that will be independent of the state.
yourcatsofat

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:57:29 AM

I think the best idea of kyc is for a team. I hope in the nearest future every team will have a profile on the regulator database and the data will be available for all. Name, photo country of living at least.
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:11:58 AM

well. it is ridiculous to demand private personal data from investors. i risk enough to investing money on icos, why would i risk being leaked of my personal datas. they can sell my personal information to other people easily.

turn the page
krassy (OP)

Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 10:35:04 AM

Maybe, one of us can create a decentralized system or platform for passing KYC, and when new ICO starts first of all the ICO team have to pass KYC on that platform before selling they tokens. All project CEO have to pass KYC before sale starts. This proccess will show us the high level of project , it will show us that the project team is not hiding and can be responsible for their actions.
raghovsing34

Activity: 333

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 10:37:21 AM

For me kyc is good for ico. Cause it is very need to cought scammer and verifying real investors. By this we can invest very safely.

▄ ▄▄  We reinvented the way privacy and anonimity should look like  ▄▄ ▄
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄           PRIVIX.io           ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄
greatdn

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:53:23 AM

Kyc for utility tokens? this is complete nonsense. I still understand for security tokens, but now I’ll give my data to some scammers ...
aioc

Activity: 2940
Merit: 567

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:57:36 AM

The community is divided on these issues if only this technology is not decentralized everything will be regulated if there is a KYC it defeats the main purpose of cryptocurrency but in the end, there should be a point where we all meet halfway to protect this technology.

ricatop

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:04:10 AM

if all projects were decent and did not use your data - then yes it would be the right decision, but since many projects turn out to be fraudulent, then unfortunately there is nothing good in this because you transfer your data to the scammers

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●  AZ FundChain  ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
FINANCIAL INCLUSION THROUGH DECENTRALIZED MONEY CIRCLES
http://beta.azfundchain.io
Ludmilla_rose1995

Activity: 1610
Merit: 162

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:09:19 AM

In my opinion, KYC is a good idea that is applied to an ICO to avoid fraud and our identity problems. it might be safe to be safe because for now there has been no negative news about charging KYC related to our identity.

zikzag

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

Minter

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:12:50 AM

KYC is bad. I can not tolerate bounty that require KYC. Moreover, those who are just at the end of the company are starting to talk about KYC.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: