Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 10:12:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It's hard as hell to make good trades these days  (Read 729 times)
chesthing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:29:11 AM

I remember in December and January when altcoins were so much easier to profit from. Now, nearly all coins are in a depression (prob because there are WAY too many now). You get a little pump that's nearly impossible to predict until it happens, then it crashes if you miss it by an hour. Maza and Aur were rare opportunities these days, coins just suck in general right now.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:34:08 AM

You're crazy. DeVCoin, I0Coin and IXCoin are all at excellent buying opportunities right now.

It sounds to me like your problem is you are looking at garbage that you aren't confident will go back up again...

Heck even bitcoin itself is at a great buying opportunity still too.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:36:29 AM

Spoken like a true HODLER Smiley
chesthing (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:37:46 AM

You're crazy. DeVCoin, I0Coin and IXCoin are all at excellent buying opportunities right now.

It sounds to me like your problem is you are looking at garbage that you aren't confident will go back up again...

-MarkM-

This is the sort of post I'm looking for, tell me what I'm doing wrong! although devcoin looks like a dogs asshole on the long term chart....
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:39:42 AM

I already told you: "you are looking at garbage that you aren't confident will go back up again..."

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:21:10 AM

I remember in December and January when altcoins were so much easier to profit from. Now, nearly all coins are in a depression (prob because there are WAY too many now). You get a little pump that's nearly impossible to predict until it happens, then it crashes if you miss it by an hour. Maza and Aur were rare opportunities these days, coins just suck in general right now.

Congrats at finally figuring out cryptos!!!! The big pumps only last for a month or two to get cryptos in the news.  Even the shittiest trader can turn a profit.  Then they all get sold off and dry up for months at a time where only the bots can make money and even then it is pennies on the dollar.

What did you think cryptos were easy money?  If they were why would anyone put any money in the stock markets.  They would all be here.
chesthing (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:27:38 AM

-MarkM-

Took a look at those coins, and your nuts if you think those are going to pump anytime soon. I'm talking about increasing btc, not investing in cool tech.
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:35:03 AM

I agree with the first post. However the schema is still profitable, but very difficult - now the pumpers must intend new and new tricks how to make sheeps jumping into the train (or ship like Titanic(aurora) lol). Every new pump is however still following the same good old schema - you need an innovative coin (innovative is only the reason to pump it), make false expectation which may or may not be realized, pump the price just because everyone trying to double his investment and wait until the pump loses the breath. Then dump it as fast as possibly and repeat it by another coin. The less cash flow is coming, the faster and uncatchable by majority of holders must the pump be and the faster the dump is (falling knife). New pumps will probably happen at 5am GMT when USA falling asleep and Europe is still sleeping (Asians are crazy, they usually pump, USA and EU dump because they are more bearish).

Problem: buying power is not infinite
Another problem: repeated tricks dont work too long

So the difficulty of scammining is still increasing, still harder and harder to scam people. IF NXT has come today it would never go to 1800times of initial investment and doge would be only ordinary pump and dump coin with 3 day long life of its pump. We need to calm down and wait few months until market recovers and adds new blood.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:39:25 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 05:11:23 AM by BitCoinPokerBro

If you think December and January was easy you totally should have been around last summer. Holding practically any alt would have made decent profit.

For example back in August IFC was about 10-20 ltc satoshi now it's sitting at about 30x that amount. And that's before figuring the increased value of bitcoin and litecoin.
Dogmygod

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:08:45 AM

TiberiuC

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:18:06 AM

Still easy to make money, in 2-3 months it will be a lot harder.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 05:30:26 AM

-MarkM-

Took a look at those coins, and your nuts if you think those are going to pump anytime soon. I'm talking about increasing btc, not investing in cool tech.

They just went through pumps, right now they are in the down phase where they are selling to more and more and more lowball and lowerball and lowerball offers, in other words the stock up on coins ready to sell at the next pump phase phase.

If they were going to pump real soon now you wouldn't have time to stockpile a bunch cheap, instead you'd be in effect pumping them just in the process of stocking up ready for a pump.

Fill the buy side lower and lower and lower so you'll get coins cheaper and cheaper and cheaper while they go down, otherwise you'll end up having to actually jump the spread and buy, driving price up, instead of getting to lurk with lowball offers picking up coins cheap without driving the price up prematurely.

-MarkM-

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: