Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:44:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $100 price difference between exchanges ...  (Read 675 times)
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:45:58 PM

Every exchange has different price from each other because crypto market is decentralized and no one can control,  Also there is factor of volume,  demand and supply.
Market and exchange volume will certainly affect prices in a certain exchange. It is sad that ETH pairs have a low prices than of BTC or USDT pairs. With that, it is better to convert it into USDT rather than of ETH conversion.
samycoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:51:51 PM

Any possible reason for such a difference on bitcoin price between bitfinex and coinbase? Right now around $100 difference https://coinalyze.net/ ...
Yes there's possible look binance the price of bitcoin is different to other exchange some whales is manipulating some exchange which I think is not good because its not real price of bitcoin.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:57:14 PM

Sometimes the price difference between exchanges depends on the trading activity of that exchange. The supply and demand within an exchange has contributing factor in their price, and this is without the consideration of external exchanges' price. So once you compare it with others, you can see their price gap.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:00:16 AM

I honestly believed that after the launch of Bitcoin Sidechain 'Liquid Network' we would have a much faster and stable equilibrium between the exchanges. But in the last few weeks, I've seen big differences in short time frames. Of course, today the problem was with a great whale and with some doubts regarding the USDT. But I expect these abnormalities in the difference between prices to decrease over time.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:19:23 AM

Unreal, about $800 difference now https://coinalyze.net/
The mistake you are actually making is to compare BTC-USDT pair with BTC-USD pair. It is always a possibility that two different exchanges will have two different prices as they are both two different platforms and this is how some people do arbitrage trading, as you can read more on that if you have no idea what that means.

The reason you are seeing such a huge gap is because one is a USD pair and the other is a USDT pair. On bittrex alone where the both markets are inexistence, there is always that huge gap between BTC/USD and BTC/USDT pair. I really do not know why but that is just the case.
juperos

Activity: 459
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:07:53 PM

Any possible reason for such a difference on bitcoin price between bitfinex and coinbase? Right now around $100 difference https://coinalyze.net/ ...
I think that is the diversification of many investors. Because large trading floors often have large investors and they plan to pump in quickly. And that is very relevant to other areas such as Margin.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
alex0808 (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 04:09:46 PM

you have to understand that coinbase does not use USDT but USD

Does Bitfinex trade USDT? On their website is diplayed USD ...
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 04:24:39 PM

It happened sometimes in this ways and the arbitrage traders always take the advantage of this to make some profit from the market.  I don't think anything serious is happening somewhere that is making price behave the way it does across exchangess but with time we would see corrections.
atoshi

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:16:17 PM

Why Bitfinex website display USD instead of USDT?
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:25:00 PM

Bitfinex is always at a higher price than the other exchanges, and it always seems to be the first to move whenever a big event goes down. It is likely that the majority of the biggest whales use Bitfinex. The arbitrage opportunity is definitely there, but they don't last long so act fast.
jonhn772

Activity: 280

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 05:38:38 PM

Actually I don't have any idea about this matter. But I think it is good opportunity to buy at low price from one exchange and sell with high price in others exchange 😆

▄ ▄▄  We reinvented the way privacy and anonimity should look like  ▄▄ ▄
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄           PRIVIX.io           ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 05:57:34 PM

It is likely that the majority of the biggest whales use Bitfinex.
It seems that Bitfinex is in the process of losing its whales with how their cold wallet keeps shrinking. In the last ~45 days Bitfinex's cold wallet shrunk with 100,000BTC, and the outflow of capital isn't even over. Bitfinex needs to act quick in order to not turn into the next Poloniex. I just hope for the traders there that Bitfinex won't halt withdrawals in an attempt to stop the 'bankrun' that's going on.

The arbitrage opportunity is definitely there, but they don't last long so act fast.
It's not an arbitrage opportunity at all. USD has more value than USDT, so the 'higher' BTC/USDT prices are technically still the same as the 'lower' BTC/USD prices on exchanges as Coinbase.
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:31:06 PM

Bitfinex is one of a very well know exchanges that have a large amount of trader there, in that case, many manipulators have likely used that exchange because of having a huge amount of valuable coins. Good thing to see that this kind of exchange site has an opportunity to have more traders like Poloniex and Binance.
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1184

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:58:32 PM

Actually I don't have any idea about this matter. But I think it is good opportunity to buy at low price from one exchange and sell with high price in others exchange 😆
And when you late to send that bitcoin on other exchanges, then it get dumped again. You need to wait more time to price back again when you bought it. Arbitrage is not simple like it was said by people.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Cointoli

Activity: 239

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:45:57 PM

Because of differences in exchange rates, there is often a difference in exchange rates between exchanges. Time difference between exchanges also causes the price difference, but time difference will not floor and the exchange will quickly rebalance.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18515

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:17:40 PM

It seems that Bitfinex is in the process of losing its whales with how their cold wallet keeps shrinking. In the last ~45 days Bitfinex's cold wallet shrunk with 100,000BTC, and the outflow of capital isn't even over.

Wow. USD value has fallen from $1.5 billion to $800 million, a fall of $700 million. Meanwhile, Tether's market cap has fallen from $2.8 billion to $2.1 billion, also a fall of $700 million.

Is it possible that Tether was actually backed up by their own cold wallet? And now they are having to empty their cold wallet to pay off Tether?

Either way, with their cold wallet emptying that rapidly and Tether still on the verge of imploding, if I had any coins on Bitfinex I would be moving them out of there ASAP.
Junralz

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:45:03 PM

It would be a big trouble if such difference could be true because people will definitely stay in that platform. There are certain rules that they need to follow and this should be necessary in order to be fair.

█ █          https://BitcoinAir.org          █ █
★    Secure Payment as Light as Air  ★ 
jaymmagne

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 12:42:02 AM

This defends on how the traders trade on specific exchange. Volume of the trading is a factor with the price of the Bitcoin on certain exchange too. It can affects the value especially theirs a lot of traders in an exchange. It is possible that the difference of the price from the exchange you had and from the exchange of the other traders  will be equal to $100 or more.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 03:57:20 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2018, 04:32:38 AM by bones261

It seems that Bitfinex is in the process of losing its whales with how their cold wallet keeps shrinking. In the last ~45 days Bitfinex's cold wallet shrunk with 100,000BTC, and the outflow of capital isn't even over.

Wow. USD value has fallen from $1.5 billion to $800 million, a fall of $700 million. Meanwhile, Tether's market cap has fallen from $2.8 billion to $2.1 billion, also a fall of $700 million.

Is it possible that Tether was actually backed up by their own cold wallet? And now they are having to empty their cold wallet to pay off Tether?

Either way, with their cold wallet emptying that rapidly and Tether still on the verge of imploding, if I had any coins on Bitfinex I would be moving them out of there ASAP.

One of the reasons Tether's market cap has fallen is that Bitfinex has  recently sent over 600 million Tethers to the Tether treasury wallet. This effectively takes the Tethers out of circulation.
https://www.ccn.com/tether-has-yanked-610-million-out-of-circulation-this-month/
I'm not certain how tether/Bitfinex accounting works. I'm not sure anyone outside their organization really does.

Why Bitfinex website display USD instead of USDT?
Well, if you make a wire deposit of $100 in Bitfinex, you are only credited with 100 USD(T), regardless of what the market value of USDT is at the time. Likewise, if you make a wire withdrawal of $100, your balance is deducted by only 100 USD(T). At least, I think that is how  I think that it works.  Huh At the present time, I'm not sure how easy it is to get a wire withdrawal from Bitfinex. (I'm a minnow American anyway. So they don't want my business at the present time. That is fine with me because I left Bitfinex after they had the hack back in the summer of 2016. Unfortunately, I managed to leave some dust behind. I have like 14 cents usd and about 3000 sats BTC and BCH.)
mia khalifa

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:41:53 AM

it is a price difference that often occurs when there is good news and a quiet market will definitely experience a price difference even though there is not that much at least there is a price difference that can provide benefits you must be able to use it well.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: