Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:08:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A good way to avoid scam ICO projects  (Read 1305 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FinanceX
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 08:44:38 AM

The ICO project is currently far more than income for a moment. Try to make the most profit possible, until the ICO deadline is over, and then make a big sale. ICO projects are indeed potentially high enough to be used for fraud, fraud which is detrimental to investors.
Especially if previously the ICO project did not require any legality.
Before investing in an ICO project must pay attention to several factors:

1. Must know detail Concept of the ICO project
A good ICO project must have a good concept.

2. See market segmentation
How much market potential is related to project segmentation and of course must have new innovations

3. Long-term orientation
One thing that can make it easier for you to judge, is to look at the real objects offered from the project

4. Team
Who are the people who work behind the project

Is there another way to avoid scam ICO projects, your input is highly expected

Thank You
Check out this article to help you avoid ICO scams

10 Signals Of An ICO Scam

https://medium.com/financex/10-signals-of-an-ico-scam-c8876502285b

Siegtal81

Activity: 334
Merit: 10

Global Trans-Fee Mining Exchange

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:09:40 AM

Scammers may place anything about team. Idenity theft is still a problem. Just imagine that you are not in control of personal data. It is one of the biggest issues.

AngelJoshua

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:12:11 AM

Great lists of reminders. It will really going to depend now to users or investors on how they will going to find good projects and avoid those possible ICO's.

At your service
Hudora

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:22:57 AM

There is no certain tool, but it would be easier to avoid scams if every Team Member should pass KYC. It means that we would be able to sue team members.
Fedots83

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 12:29:09 PM

The ICO project is currently far more than income for a moment. Try to make the most profit possible, until the ICO deadline is over, and then make a big sale. ICO projects are indeed potentially high enough to be used for fraud, fraud which is detrimental to investors.

How much market potential is related to project segmentation and of course must have new innovations

3. Long-term orientation
One thing that can make it easier for you to judge, is to look at the real objects offered from the project

4. Team

Thank You

Scam may not be created as scam. There are a lot of cases, when only person of whole team managed to steal all the money, so it is much harder.
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 12:37:38 PM

This is true because of the frequency we have been having scam project which has brought a lot of suffering on both the investors and bounty hunters. That is the very reason i am selective in promoting any project so as not to be seen as an accomplice. The  points mentioned will help to sieve the good from the ugly ones.
iceblasto

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:07:46 PM

This is true because of the frequency we have been having scam project which has brought a lot of suffering on both the investors and bounty hunters. That is the very reason i am selective in promoting any project so as not to be seen as an accomplice. The  points mentioned will help to sieve the good from the ugly ones.
although it will not be fully successful in avoiding projects that are only deceptive, but with caution and thoroughness in choosing ICO, it will minimize us being deceived when participating in the ICO. I think ICO rating sites are also quite helpful because on ICO rating sites there are projects that have been researched, so we don't have to bother checking out many ICOs, just choosing from one of the ICOs on the ICO rating site.
Hiylchis

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:20:16 PM

Denial of responsibility in every ICOs' WP - it seems to me tha world gone completely mad. That is why I keep distance from ICOs and other crowdfunding activities.
santino11

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:23:17 PM

3. Long-term orientation

4. Team

Thank You

I will add this to the list!
The project must have the potential or power to be part of the future.
They must have the key to stay alive in the competition of cryptocurrency and the market.

PS. the list is all good!
Karr98

Activity: 52
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:24:31 PM

Maybe this thread can help us to avoid scam ico 🌍 Guidelines, how to spot a scam ICO & report effectively. ✔ . But this maybe can't 100% work because they  scammer always do many ways to make people invest at their project scam so what should we do is becareful and always do research before join project.
Alexeu00011

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:42:18 PM

3. Long-term orientation

4. Team

Thank You

I invested in several projects, which were aimed at insurance of investments, beause it is the only way to bring some part of trust back. You should do the same.
oper802

Activity: 406

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 02:22:06 PM

I think the factors that you have mentioned are already enough to avoid a scam, if we have known about those factors well, I think we will not get trapped on a scam then. We must analyze and research a project before deciding to join.

GangNamSK

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:42:23 PM

Denial of responsibility in every ICOs' WP - it seems to me tha world gone completely mad. That is why I keep distance from ICOs and other crowdfunding activities.
To avoid ICO scams, we should improve our knowledge of how to analyze the coin, anticipate the ICO's trend, thus avoiding fraudulent ICO projects, and especially detecting the project. ICO scams are involved in their community will see clearly.
Pa1n

Activity: 294

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:44:37 PM

These are good way to avoid scams but in generally , these are not works. Because , some people during the ICO may have some problems all the time.

DominickA86

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:45:27 PM

A very important words and I hope more people will follow them and would finally check the projects that they are taking part in. Because I am tired of people saying that all ICOs are scam, but they have never read the docs of an ICO.
Docbee

Activity: 822

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:30:49 PM

Those points should be taken serious to avoid scam ico, i would like to emphasis more on team, for a project to be reliable reputation of team will have huge say on that good team won't want to tarnish their image in public.
terible.hunter

Activity: 490

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:35:12 PM

All possible options that in general may be they are probably already described in this topic, probably the situation now should have been better, but I still see how the scam projects raise money.

cliber

Activity: 672

umachit.fund

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:50:40 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2018, 06:23:47 PM by cliber

I think, the four factors that you mentioned are appropriate for avoiding fraud on the ICO project. Of the four factors, the Team of the ICO project was very influential on the fraud of the ICO project.
Because, when fraud occurs, many parties lose, not just investors. Including the manager who manages the bounty.

neuronchain

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 08:47:53 AM

Checking if an ICO project has already a working product is a good criteria. Most projects only make promises with just a whitepaper and most fail to produce a product. Having a working product you can test is a good indication that what they're aiming is achievable.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 08:53:01 AM

3. Long-term orientation

4. Team

Thank You

I think before you get involved with any ICO project you should carry out a due diligent search of the project to ascertain the validity of the project by reading through the project whitepaper properly. Thanks

HOMT