Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:58:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A good way to avoid scam ICO projects  (Read 1305 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PlusOne88

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:09:07 AM

I think it is always hard to detect scams easily because the people behind the scam would tell you almost as truthfully as possible so that you might be thinking if it is real. They would do always to encourage you to join as much as others would do normally. I think when an ICO is promising too much there could be a possibility that such an impossible promise will tell you that they are scam. So maybe promises that are impossible to do could be a clue.

Lazada

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:13:17 AM

The only way to avoid the ICO Project Scam is to do analysis. We can do analysis by searching for information on various websites and forums. Besides that, following various developments in information in a community can help us monitor what points will help the project develop.

When there is something suspicious then we should avoid the ICO project, keep the assets we have and it will help us to get closer to success.
duyduc256

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:16:49 AM

The only way to avoid the ICO Project Scam is to do analysis. We can do analysis by searching for information on various websites and forums. Besides that, following various developments in information in a community can help us monitor what points will help the project develop.

When there is something suspicious then we should avoid the ICO project, keep the assets we have and it will help us to get closer to success.
Analysis for each project is a good idea at this time because any project will be very risky and can cause you to lose a lot of assets in a short time. I personally believe that investing in ICO projects is not the best time choice and you should go back in 2019 because the opportunity to make a profit is higher.
Bameras

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:19:07 AM

Analysis for each project is a good idea at this time because any project will be very risky and can cause you to lose a lot of assets in a short time. I personally believe that investing in ICO projects is not the best time choice and you should go back in 2019 because the opportunity to make a profit is higher.

I think I will take part in ICO if it is permitted by government agencies such as SEC.
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:26:41 AM

Overall, the best way to avoid scam ICOs is to become very diligent and serious enough to make tedious and deep research as to the credentials of every single member of the team, the details of the objectives of the project and how they would go about reaching them , the products, the economy, the roadmaps, partnerships, and so many other facets.

Carefully reading whitepapers is only one of the tasks needed to fully come up with the best choice of ICO.

Without the necessary traits to do all these, the best way left to avoid scam ICOs is to avoid ICOs altogether.
10BTCaDay

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:28:34 AM

I think it is always hard to detect scams easily because the people behind the scam would tell you almost as truthfully as possible so that you might be thinking if it is real. They would do always to encourage you to join as much as others would do normally. I think when an ICO is promising too much there could be a possibility that such an impossible promise will tell you that they are scam. So maybe promises that are impossible to do could be a clue.
big promises are not always an indication that a  project is a scam. you need to objectively evaluate all indicators.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:29:17 AM

I think I will take part in ICO if it is permitted by government agencies such as SEC.
It is difficult to be accepted by the SEC because the market still has no confidence of the SEC, making investors feel more concerned. I am waiting for the SEC to recognize this market because it only needs 1 good news, the price of Bitcoin will rise very fast and may soon return to the price of $ 20,000.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
umar22pk

Activity: 602

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 11:37:32 AM

Agreed with you, these are all valid points if we follow these points we can avoid to be scammed.
I will add that you will have to study project deeply & you must follow social media & check the people’s comments on this project.

Also check the rating of that project on different rating sites like ICO Bench.
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:53:02 AM

Most times, those behind the project will give you easy clue if a project is scam or not. If you must confirm the authenticity of the project, then you should contact the presented team one after the other and ensure  that their identities are real. Not only about real identity, but that they must have experience on blockchain and perhaps might have been involved in one project or the other on blockchain.
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 12:13:37 PM

In order for your plan to work, you need to have some experience in analyzing projects and understanding how the token itself works, why it is, how the project implemented the product, etc. A deep understanding of all project processes is the key to success.

poktur

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 12:42:30 PM

Some scammer wisely do all of the above, but this in turn is confusing and the project seems optimistic to you!

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 01:17:20 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2018, 01:51:46 AM by Question123

It is good way to avoid scam project. But for me I the best to avoid scam project is too review everysingle information that you need to know if the ICO is good or bad. But remember there is no what really happen in the future if there is going to scam or not.
Naitik

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 01:24:50 PM

I think it may be the fact the project must deliver with the end product. if you think that team member and partners has recently come up with end product. then it will play crucial role. But all go to shit if, a good project is not come up with their promises.
BitBaks

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 01:48:35 PM

Since some ICO uses blockchain technology, it is worth studying the repository for storing the code of this project (GitHub or any other) to check their reliability. If the ICO claims to use open source code, then the repository check will immediately give the answer, whether it is or not, because the code updates should occur at least once every two weeks.
drrekkty

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 01:53:58 PM

These are common ways to select ICO, so I guess there is nothing special. Just make sure that ICO is complient with all of these features and that's it!
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 01:56:02 PM

The ICO project is currently far more than income for a moment. Try to make the most profit possible, until the ICO deadline is over, and then make a big sale. ICO projects are indeed potentially high enough to be used for fraud, fraud which is detrimental to investors.
Especially if previously the ICO project did not require any legality.
Before investing in an ICO project must pay attention to several factors:

1. Must know detail Concept of the ICO project
A good ICO project must have a good concept.

2. See market segmentation
How much market potential is related to project segmentation and of course must have new innovations

3. Long-term orientation
One thing that can make it easier for you to judge, is to look at the real objects offered from the project

4. Team
Who are the people who work behind the project

Is there another way to avoid scam ICO projects, your input is highly expected

Thank You

I agree with everything you write and I will add one more number of followers on their social media, it can be a reference for us to invest in it, the more followers, the more potential the project can run well.
Semar Mesem

Activity: 1484
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:03:09 PM

Reading whitepapers in detail is the most common thing to do to find out whether the project is scam or not, and of course finding out who the team is there, investigate the team on the internet and if in doubt we can ask in this forum, this is what I usually do to avoid

mksundip

Activity: 726

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:30:58 PM

to fight the ico scam, we must suppress very clear regulations and very heavy penalties for criminals who use ico as a means of mass fraud

pedagang2

Activity: 376

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 02:39:38 PM

I really agree with your opinion.
I think it is very difficult now to distinguish which ICO is good and which ICO is impersonating fraudsters.
to minimize this, we must often learn and understand the ICO.
so be careful now if you want to join the bounty program.

betece777

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:46:33 PM

I don't know, I don't know how to distinguish ico from scam and I don't follow many campaigns and see them all the same and very convincing, it's very difficult to distinguish even scams that look very original but from several campaigns I follow those who use the web and on the left there are signs! maybe it can be categorized as a different scam with a web that has a key or lock symbol but it cannot be used as a benchmark nor is it very difficult to distinguish it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: