Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:36:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE MOST DANGEROUS MAN IN CRYPTO  (Read 475 times)
bellamente

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 04:43:14 PM

It is right! We need to talk about the problems and dangers that cryptocurrency carries.

This will help the community make the right decisions and develop in the right direction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 05:02:22 PM

What is the purpose of this video? To spread unneeded fear of Jihan? He's not dangerous to Bitcoin. As most Chinese he wanted to start his own business and found a niche market that later exploded. How is he different from early computer industry entrepreneurs like Gates or Jobs?
Lambolife (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 04:24:32 PM

I didn't note where he is a danger to bitcoin, other than he secretly test mining programs. If he is only testing, secretly, then it is not a big deal because we don't know how many people out there that are more culprits.

He has the right to argue against a proposition that he thinks is not good enough from his viewpoint. That does not pitch him as a dangerous person. Well, it is good to acknowledge the dangers you have enomerated.

There is also the concern that either the Chinese government will strong-arm Bitmain and Jihan or collude with them to disrupt Bitcoin. As a nation, China has a negative stance on cryptocurrencies overall.
Broly46

Activity: 1554
Merit: 115

0xe25ce19226C3CE65204570dB8D6c6DB1E9Df74AC

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 04:32:03 PM

I’m fascinated by the title of the video, the most dangerous man in crypto who doesn’t look like dangerous at all. Of course this is how they get a lot of views, if they point the blame to some really dangerous man it wouldn’t caught anyone attention.

Self hating nerd that want to escape from reality into the cyberpunk.
Lambolife (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 04:56:49 PM

the most dangerous man in crypto who doesn’t look like dangerous at all.

What do you mean doesn't look dangerous? Like literally? He's a nice-looking Asian but he does pose a threat.
Broly46

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:09:30 PM

What do you mean doesn't look dangerous? Like literally? He's a nice-looking Asian but he does pose a threat.
I think my wife can be more dangerous than him anytime, jk. I was expecting of some really smart hackers who can finally destroy crypto, some quantum bullshit etc.

Lambolife (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:19:20 PM

I think my wife can be more dangerous than him anytime, jk. I was expecting of some really smart hackers who can finally destroy crypto, some quantum bullshit etc.

Quantum computing is not a threat because the technology is not even there yet. Besides, future quantum computing security can also be used to combat future quantum computing hacking. That probably won't come for another 10-20 years. Perhaps more.
Huskarls

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:39:55 PM

This is a video about someone who is a threat to the entire crypto space. Before you watch the video please know that this is not a character attack but a way to enlighten us of the potential dangers.

Please know that I understand that Jihan is just human. And like any other human he has his own drives as we all do.

Enjoy the video and I hope you learn something from it.

https://youtu.be/yum1xe1E0Io

in my opinion, actually everyone in this virtual world has a fairly cruel nature, especially in cryptocurrency, they certainly have greed in themselves. If we think the market crashes only because of one or two mistakes then we must learn again that trading in the market is not only those two people, we all have dangerous roles in crypto
Broly46

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 05:50:18 PM

Quantum computing is not a threat because the technology is not even there yet. Besides, future quantum computing security can also be used to combat future quantum computing hacking. That probably won't come for another 10-20 years. Perhaps more.
If the quantum computing can threaten today banking security, I’m very positive we will be in a world of chaos, because every address and every crypto will be moved every second, there will be no way to keep anything safe in a wallet. May be we will have movable wallet in the future, who know?

Lambolife (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 06:40:23 PM

If the quantum computing can threaten today banking security, I’m very positive we will be in a world of chaos, because every address and every crypto will be moved every second, there will be no way to keep anything safe in a wallet. May be we will have movable wallet in the future, who know?

That scenario is only possible if quantum computing can only be accessed by bad guys and not the good guys. But that is very unlikely. The most advanced super quantum computers are likely being developed at MIT by college professors. And it is being closely supervised. Honestly, they are not very far in their development. Quantum Mechanics is so weird that manipulating it is difficult. It is the fabric of reality after all.
Lambolife (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 06:50:46 PM

This is a video about someone who is a threat to the entire crypto space. Before you watch the video please know that this is not a character attack but a way to enlighten us of the potential dangers.

Please know that I understand that Jihan is just human. And like any other human he has his own drives as we all do.

Enjoy the video and I hope you learn something from it.

https://youtu.be/yum1xe1E0Io

in my opinion, actually everyone in this virtual world has a fairly cruel nature, especially in cryptocurrency, they certainly have greed in themselves. If we think the market crashes only because of one or two mistakes then we must learn again that trading in the market is not only those two people, we all have dangerous roles in crypto

Some people have more power, hence, more danger levels to them. If I use your logic, I would say that I may have a dangerous role in this space but it's incomparable with someone as powerful as Jihan. And its not just about one or two mistakes that could crash the market. I mean it's not just the quantity but the quality aspect of it like if it's a really bad mistake such choosing to promote a more centralized version of Bitcoin which is Bitcoin Cash. Jihan loves Bitcoin Cash yet his company mines the most Bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: