Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:36:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING to anyone considering purchasing ReggieBot - SCAM / FRAUD ALERT!  (Read 731 times)
Jenexesh (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 08:42:45 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2018, 01:31:53 AM by Jenexesh

WARNING to anyone considering purchasing "ReggieBot".

It is, in my opinion, an outright scam.

I did my research (or so I thought) by vetting the company, ReggieBot, Inc. for a couple weeks before signing up. I participated in their discord channel and watched their live twitch stream of trading results. I talked to some of their customers (there are about a dozen people in the discord).

Everything checked out, and the owner of the company claimed to have many years' experience:

It seemed too good to be true, but I went ahead and signed up anyway. All they required was my API keys. No other information. So I figured the worst that could happen was it would make bad trades, and I could cancel them and delete the keys.

What ended up happening was the bot got REKT during the crash yesterday, I could not access my account to cancel anything, my account was liquidated, and the owner of the company ("BotGuy" aka Michael Rothschild) deleted all relevant messages, banned me from the discord, claiming I was trying to slander him with misinformation, and that I manually modified the trades so they were not accurate to what the bot was doing.

Which is UTTER BULLSHIT. I did not change anything. Now he is going along misleading his customers without addressing what happened in any way. I should have known better than to trust anyone selling a bot on the internet. I hope anyone who reads this takes a good look at the company before trusting them. I learned my lesson the hard way.

I would be curious if someone with more technical know-how than me could look into the company to see where they are based out of and whether they are a real company. The website lists them as being from Panama. Here is a little blurb he wrote about himself on the discord:

BotGuyLast Monday at 9:57 AM
Hello ReggieBot Users and Curious Observers,

A question we, the developers of ReggieBot, are often asked is: why?

Why offer the bot if it is so powerful?  Why give people access to it if it really works?  Does this suggest that it doesn’t work and our company’s income is based on a fraudulent model of building subscription fees?  Does this suggest that our company needs cash?

I, as a student of cryptocurrency since 2009, completely understand these reservations.  The common assumptions make sense on a superficial level.  I am not offended by these questions and welcome critical thinkers to our community with open arms.

I am fortunate to have enjoyed a successful career that culminated in early retirement.  I built a large company that included many small companies ranging from social services to newspaper publishing to music production.  Selling this company, I dedicated my life to continuing this mission woven into each of these former entities: to improve the quality of life for people around the world.

I travelled around the world over the next several years, visiting more than 120 countries to learn why quality of life is a struggle for most people.  My eyes were opened to the truth that my ignorance veiled: access to financial services, and therefore, capital to develop opportunity, is reserved for a small and fortuitous few.

The truth is that 87 out of every 100 people on earth survive on less than $5 USD per day.  Poverty is the antagonist to quality of life.  Therefore, the reduction of poverty became my passion.
On my journey around the world, I delved deeply into the pursuit of understanding poverty and how in the modern age it can still exist.  After more than a million miles flown, I came to understand that limited access to financial services is the common thread among all impoverished people.  To increase one’s access to the opportunity to grow wealth, even in a small dose, is to give that person the opportunity to improve their quality of life.

ReggieBot was born years ago to serve my own Wall Street trading office’s need to make ridiculous sums of money in legacy markets.  I used to fall into the trap of the opening questions: I reserved it for myself, thinking I, alone, was somehow entitled to its benefits.  But as I did this, my quality of life was worsening—I just couldn’t see it until I took my trip and saw the world as it is.

ReggieBot is a small piece of a much larger portfolio of projects, technologies and causes to which I devote the rest of my life.  As in my earlier efforts, my mission remains simply to improve the quality of life for anyone I am fortunate enough to serve.  In this spirit, please know that it is a pleasure serving you and your family, and it is equally thrilling to see ReggieBot spread across the world.

I will leave you with this charge: I don’t expect you to take my words as evidence to disprove the claims made in the opening stanzas.  I challenge you to continue to think critically and to examine the fruits of our efforts.  The ReggieBot results do and will continue to speak for themselves.  If it is a fit into your own financial journey, I welcome you.  And if you cannot find a place for Reggie, I still wish you success and prosperity.  Be well and take care.

Humbly in Service,
M.R. (BotGuy) & K.R. (BotGirl)
BradRB
Copper Member

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 10:07:54 PM

Hello Jenexesh,

We haven't received any complaints about a liquidation from yesterday, nor does our system indicate that anyone had a problem.  Furthermore, I spoke with Mr. R and he told me that he hasn't deleted anything or even heard a cross word from anyone.  If you've had a problem, please e-mail me right away: techsupport@reggiebot.trade and I'm glad to help.

Also, I'd ask you to please post evidence of all these actions you accuse our company of doing.  Please provide evidence that your account was liquidated and that you were treated poorly on discord.  No one has been banned or even blocked, nor has any cross word been said.

Sincerely,
Derek B.

Tech Support
gr3y

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:24:27 PM

Hmm Jenexesh - Date Registered: Today at 07:50:10 PM

Sure you were banned?  Seems strange because the owner of the discord just showed a screenshot of the discord banned page and it is empty.

Also I've been in the discord since day #1 and didn't see any of your messages, or see them get deleted.

Why not come back into the discord and show Mr. R what happened so we can all see if there was an issue...? This story is sounding really fishy.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1127

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:11:56 AM

Seems like 2 newbies are trying to defend this Reggiebot.

I would say that no people or person would really make such complaints if he hadnt experience any problem with your service.If he do have some
complaints then most probably theres something wrong.

BradRB
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 01:49:12 AM

I would say that no people or person would really make such complaints if he hadnt experience any problem with your service.If he do have some complaints then most probably theres something wrong.

I hope if that is the case, we hear from this person.  We will review his/her complaint and do what it takes to make this person whole again, as no doubt it would have been our program's fault.  As of this moment we have not received any contact, as requested, by e-mail or on our discord channel.  If and when this person contacts us, we will gladly post about it and acknowledge there was a service issue.  At this point our position is that this issue simply doesn't exist, as our records show no single account to be liquidated yesterday.  Period.
rippah87

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 07:05:36 AM

Here another "newbie".
I've been in the Discord channel since the beginning and I'm also running the bot. And I've not been liquidated nor I have seen any dispute about this on Discord...

I would say that no people or person would really make such complaints if he hadnt experience any problem with your service.If he do have some
HmmMAA

Activity: 1111
Merit: 584

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 07:36:06 AM

I'm running a live forward test of Reggie as a proof of it's trades in a twitch channel (34 days so far ) . Bot hasn't come even close to liquidation so far . It is on positive side and so far i really like the way it works . I really can't understand what happened ( IF it happened ) with the OP . I have asked in my thread for a screenshot of his trades . What makes me concern so far though is that most of his claims so far are false . No ban ( there was a screenshot of bans posted in discord and no one has banned until now ) and from what i saw so far there were no complaint from everyone about an issue . OP can back his claim only by posting his trades , otherwise he is just a liar and he will get by me a neg trust .

"It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong." Thomas Sowell
BradRB
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 02:40:53 PM

Update: 18 hours later and no contacts to customer support have been made.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:26:50 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2018, 05:31:42 PM by AdolfinWolf
Merited by suchmoon (4)

@Jenexesh i am looking at the post you quoted from BotGuyLast.

I wonder how anyone is able to trust this guy.

I, as a student of cryptocurrency since 2009, completely understand these reservations.  The common assumptions make sense on a superficial level.  I am not offended by these questions and welcome critical thinkers to our community with open arms.

He is  a ''student'' of cryptocurrency (bitcoin?) since 2009?

The only people who knew what bitcoin was back in 2009 were cryptographical enthusiasts + a really, REALLY small amount of programmers. Bitcoin really didn't gain any traction at all until 2010/11. This story is highly doable.
See; https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3lqtn0/what_was_bitcoin_culture_like_back_in_20092010/cv8q3kr

ReggieBot was born years ago to serve my own Wall Street trading office’s need to make ridiculous sums of money in legacy markets.  I used to fall into the trap of the opening questions: I reserved it for myself, thinking I, alone, was somehow entitled to its benefits.  But as I did this, my quality of life was worsening—I just couldn’t see it until I took my trip and saw the world as it is.
LOL. He is  both a trader on wallstreet and someone who has been following "Cryptocurrencies" since 2009? Is this guy Superman or what? Those two (especially in 2009/2010) really were opposites of each other. (Traditional bankers v Libertarians.) I don't think that ANYONE who was involved in bitcoin back in 2009 also was running a multi million $ company that operated on Wall St.

I travelled around the world over the next several years, visiting more than 120 countries to learn why quality of life is a struggle for most people.  My eyes were opened to the truth that my ignorance veiled: access to financial services, and therefore, capital to develop opportunity, is reserved for a small and fortuitous few.
120 countries? rofl.

And thus you came to the conclusion that creating a cryptocurrency bot that let "poor" people gamble (because that is what it is. NO one is able to predict the markets 100% accurately. Anyone who says otherwise is a scammer.) was the ultimate solution to solving poverty/improving QOL? Seems legit!

The truth is that 87 out of every 100 people on earth survive on less than $5 USD per day.  Poverty is the antagonist to quality of life.  Therefore, the reduction of poverty became my passion.
On my journey around the world, I delved deeply into the pursuit of understanding poverty and how in the modern age it can still exist.  After more than a million miles flown, I came to understand that limited access to financial services is the common thread among all impoverished people.  To increase one’s access to the opportunity to grow wealth, even in a small dose, is to give that person the opportunity to improve their quality of life.
Holy crap. You're actually so delusional. This has to be satiric right?

If he is lying about this, he is probably lying about other things as well. Seems completely untrustworthy to me.

Update: 18 hours later and no contacts to customer support have been made.

-snip-

-snip-

Damn. All of you are quick to attack someone's accusation, but don't bother to explain how exactly your bot works/answer/explain your service. That's peculiar.

Here another "newbie".
I've been in the Discord channel since the beginning and I'm also running the bot. And I've not been liquidated nor I have seen any dispute about this on Discord...

Ah, have you made 1000% profit already? You have no previous post history, and have been inactive for a year. Tell me, how exactly did you find this thread so fast? What brought you here, you shillmaster?

BradRB
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 04:26:18 PM

Damn. All of you are quick to attack someone's accusation, but don't bother to explain how exactly your bot works/answer/explain your service. That's peculiar.

No one asked how the bot works on this thread, so I'm not sure why you're complaining I haven't explained anything.  However we've made it pretty accessible for everyone.  Feel free to watch it live on twitch and you can even try it for free.  As for the other people running to the post, our discord channel became aware of it last night and these folks are obviously motivated to participate in the discussion.  No one has been asked to do so, so shilling isn't part of this equation. 

Reminder: We didn't start the topic.  We are merely replying to an attack that is without basis, which I hope you would do in the same circumstance if you were attacked without evidence.

Have a nice day.
HmmMAA

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:26:24 PM

@AdolfinWolf
Dude i was really pissed off when i read your previous post but i will try to be polite .
First of all , about the trust issue ( your words : I wonder how anyone is able to trust this guy.) . I don't trust anyone until i have some good signs that someone should be trusted . Believe me this guy is a very respected member of a specific "botting" community , that's how i met him and got access to that bot . I believe that if you ask him in discord he will give you further details .
About the cryptocurrency thing . I'm not sure what he means and that doesn't affect me . I am in the electronic cash thing since 2001 . Probably you have never heard of egold or other forms of currencies that existed before bitcoin ( yeah i know , you can't call them cryptocurrencies ) . Unfortunately for me i stumbled on bitcoin pretty early but didn't had the technical background .
I will leave the other things about his travels etc and will come to the thing that makes me mad .
You take the side of a person who without any proof makes an accusation and on the other side you have ( i will speak for myself ) a guy who is broadcasting live the bot trades and shares his account balance details for 34 days . It was your concerns that made me start the stream . I'm not here to sell or gain anything . I'm just sharing my experience and you can see that i make this with proofs .
You on the other hand are "wearing" a signature and get paid for every post you make . You have to find threads to make "productive posts" so you can get your 0.00075 btc per post . I agree that this is a nice reward per post but try next time to be more accurate and fair on what you say .
Have you ever thought that OP is maybe a liar ? What you will say in the case he don't provide any proof of his accusations ? I have messaged him today but still got no reply .
I would like to write many more things but unfortunately there are language barriers , my english are very poor .

"It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong." Thomas Sowell
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 10:09:30 AM

No one asked how the bot works on this thread, so I'm not sure why you're complaining I haven't explained anything.  However we've made it pretty accessible for everyone.  Feel free to watch it live on twitch and you can even try it for free.  As for the other people running to the post, our discord channel became aware of it last night and these folks are obviously motivated to participate in the discussion.  No one has been asked to do so, so shilling isn't part of this equation. 
I like it how you bunch of shills started attacking the OP after an accusation was posted. Pretty sure you'd be harassing him off this platform so he doesn't participate in the discussion here. Also, no one gives two fucks about how your bot works. Your service is in question here.

Reminder: We didn't start the topic.  We are merely replying to an attack that is without basis, which I hope you would do in the same circumstance if you were attacked without evidence.
Attack? So posting a feedback about a service is an attack? Maybe he is just trying to make people aware of the service? Instead of attacking back with your army of shills, you could have been a bit polite.
BradRB
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 12:53:50 PM

It is an attack because not a single thing in his post happened.  What else would you call it?  And I could have been polite?  Did you read my posts?  I have been polite and have acted in a professional manner.

No one has harassed him away.  We're calling for evidence.  And do you know why there's no evidence posted here?  Because it did not happen.  Period.

It's amazing how people have lost the ability to think critically.  You are quick to believe a sensational post made by someone who created an account just to do so.  By someone who has not replied since.  By someone who has provided no evidence.  And you defend this person against those who stand to be hurt by the post.  You give no credibility to those who have results, evidence and haven't gone into hiding.

Are you kidding me?  That's how you process reality? 
HmmMAA

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:03:48 PM

I like it how you bunch of shills started attacking the OP after an accusation was posted. Pretty sure you'd be harassing him off this platform so he doesn't participate in the discussion here. Also, no one gives two fucks about how your bot works. Your service is in question here.

Attack? So posting a feedback about a service is an attack? Maybe he is just trying to make people aware of the service? Instead of attacking back with your army of shills, you could have been a bit polite.

I will have to reply to you also because you put me in a "team that tries to shill Regiie" ( in other words ) .
I think that you are either a moron or a retard . In case you are a moron i have nothing more to say , i can't fall to a level of a moron . But in the case you are a retard ( don't take it the bad way , my daughter has an IQ of 40 because of a genetic dicease and i try to explain everything to her ) i will have to explain to you with some hard example and i will suppose that your IQ level is close to 80 ( as i'm to pissed off with guys that only care for the money earned by their signatures ) .

A guy comes in here and says that patatas mother is a bitch and she get's f***** with anyone in his neighborhood or even worst in his town . She is doing the naughtiest thing that a woman can do , and she really enjoys it . What would you say to that guy ? "Yeah dude , you are right , my mother is a bitch"? Wouldn't you piss off ? Can you let anybody come and say lies for something that you know it's not true ? I guess not .
But you just had to write something for the reward/post you get . Do it man , but try to read first what has happened . You can search and find that i'm doing a live stream since close to a month that shows the bot trades . I have also opened a thread that i show my results from trading with Reggie ( it's been 35 days so far ) . I did that just to share my experience ( i'm in no need of refferal rewards , cryptos have treated me very well this year ) but i honestly think that i should stop . I have a very good reputation ( you can check my trust ) and i was never a paid shill , contrary to you that you have to post so you can get a reward for make a living . I rest my case with you guys .

BradRB
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 06:17:40 PM

Update: the OP did not contact our office, did not reply to this thread or did not contact anyone on our discord channel.  There is absolutely no evidence that any of his claims are true.  This was nothing more than a mean-spirited attempt to add a bad google search result.

Thanks to the OP for giving ReggieBot a new thread on Bitcointalk and for showing the world how our competitors are fearful, as our program is popular and successful.   Smiley
BradRB
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 06:14:50 AM

We will let our results speak for themselves.  These results are available on our website.  If anyone wants a trade history to confirm, we are glad to provide it.  Every single Reggie customer exited in profit with no liquidations, as charged by the OP.
Jenexesh (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:48:05 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2018, 06:02:10 PM by Jenexesh

I wasn't even going to reply to this because I still feel sick to my stomach about the fact that I trusted this company (which was my own fault), but that they proceeded to lie through their teeth about it (that's on them).

I've been following events since the last week when I made this post, and the owners of the bot have COMPLETELY changed their system from a SUPER risky to a SUPER conservative strategy.

Before the liquidations happened, it was making hundreds of trades per day, getting into extremely highly leveraged trades.

Now, suddenly it's not making any trades at all, and it places 100 buy / sell orders above or below the market price, averaged down from $6500 to $4500 for example.

And guess what? If you watch the twitch live stream, you'll see the bot has made almost ZERO profit in the last 10 days.

The owner of the bot will claim this is due to "extremely low volatility", but actually it's because the company is a sham, and they changed the code after the liquidations to cover their ass.

In retrospect, this is all such obvious B.S. (World's most advanced AI, being developed since 2012? Ridiculous). But I totally fell for it.

I have plenty of evidence, including discord logs from two different servers, and my Bitmex balance sheet. But why bother? No matter what I do, they'll come up with some clever way of lying about it, because that's what they do. I imagine they will respond to this post claiming I am a liar, etc. etc. etc. and their army of shill accounts will back them up. Either that, or they will just ignore me. Whatever they have to do to avoid admitting the truth.

I have talked extensively with the owner of the company, "BotGuy" a.k.a. "MRoth" a.k.a. "Michael Rothschild", trying to get my money back, and they won't budge. Yet they claim I "NEVER CONTACTED SUPPORT". BULLSHIT.

I am not sure how to attach an image, but here is one example of part of one of my conversations with them:

https://i.imgur.com/aQNL0J0.png
BradRB
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 07:13:28 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2018, 07:58:26 PM by BradRB

That is a fantastic creation!  

Neither of those users have ever been members of our discord.  We welcome the public to see for themselves.  The user logs are public and can be seen any time.  A person who takes the time to look at the user logs will see that neither of those users ever existed.  Nice try.
BradRB
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 07:58:07 PM

And so the truth is known.

Come talk to real people on our discord channel, folks, and get the true story.  This thread is a joke.
Jenexesh (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:05:21 AM

I know what happened. You know what happened. You can deny it as much as you want, but no amount of denying will change the fact that you scammed me, covered up the evidence, and "coincidentally" changed the ReggieBot algorithm to a "safer" method where it makes ZERO profit in the last 10 days. Because you know if enough people got liquidated, you'd be unable to cover it up anymore.

It's so obvious that you made up the entire story of ReggieBot to sound impressive and cool. It's an AI system created in 2012, but it can't even trade Bitcoin without liquidation an account in 24 hours, and now it can't make any profitable trades in 10 days?

That just doesn't add up, no matter how you try to wrap your mind around it.

Instead of just admitting you did something wrong and refunding me for the money you scammed, you're sticking to your story of "I did nothing wrong! The customer is making it all up!"

Which is ridiculous. And you know it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: