Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 01:13:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Earn crypto for working out and store 'em on a fitness bracelet  (Read 122 times)
fommes86 (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:34:17 PM

GYM Ledger https://gymledger.com blockchain project is trying to address two very interesting issues:

1. It lets you earn cryptocurrency tokens for working out.

2. You can Carry your fashionable bracelet hardware ledger always with you.

As for the fitness rewards, they have already a working product, an Android App, which connects to a Bluetooth heart rate monitor. By working out you earn GYM token, previously on the Ethereum Blockchain (https://etherscan.io/token/0x92d3e963aa94d909869940a8d15fa16ccbc6655e) but they have switched to the EOS Blockchain (https://www.bloks.io/account/gymrewardsio). The protocol used is the innovative POE (proof of exercise) and the reward tokens will be tradeable on major exchanges and redeemable on the GYM marketplace.

The GYM hardware ledger is not here yet, but I am looking forward to it. They will integrate the Fitness rewards App and support multiple cryptocurrencies. This wearable ledger differentiates itself from the ledgers already on the market. It will be The World’s 1st Health Band with integrated Hardware Wallet. It will make cryptocurrencies fashionable and you can carry your wallet always with you. The ledger will also be able to stake the native LGR token for a up to 5% staking reward and it will be possible to swap between the LGR and GYM tokens.

What do you think?  Huh

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2018, 09:38:21 PM

Sounds good but i have seen couple of projects last year as well, they were running their icos more than a year ago but till now i do not think they have came up with a working product, i hope gym ledger will be different and they have developed most of their project already, there is definitely a need and demand for such project and i will personally use it if they come out with their dapp soon.

diouf67

Activity: 260
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:40:35 PM

Why would you want to carry your hardware wallet with you at all times? That seems rather counter-intuitive from a security point of view.

How do they generate funds in order to support the payment of gym tokens, or alternatively how is the value of gym tokens driven?

devilman59

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:41:16 PM

Ohh excellent, although how you know that heart rate measurements are legitimate? many things can cause a rise in the heart rate, can also be open to traps and mischief, have you thought of some measure to counter this?
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:58:18 PM

Sounds good but i have seen couple of projects last year as well, they were running their icos more than a year ago but till now i do not think they have came up with a working product, i hope gym ledger will be different and they have developed most of their project already, there is definitely a need and demand for such project and i will personally use it if they come out with their dapp soon.

I think gym ledger can be a step better in terms of those
Their app is ready for mining and it’s a lot convenient too I guess

All that remains it’s is functionality
That’s what makes it more obvious
Green_Bulb

Activity: 261
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:13:17 PM

Definitely a good thing to see more projects involving hardware usage, although...

This point is what gets me unsure. You basically carry your wallet wherever you go, right? What if you get it lost or stolen, are there any security measures or a way to recover tokens?
fommes86 (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 05:05:14 AM

Definitely a good thing to see more projects involving hardware usage, although...

This point is what gets me unsure. You basically carry your wallet wherever you go, right? What if you get it lost or stolen, are there any security measures or a way to recover tokens?

If you loose the ledger? Well, who is so stupid and has no backup of the keys  Grin Grin

I would argue, by carrying the ledger with you have to possibility to spend crypto in mobility. I would not carry keys unencrypted with me or lets say use a not so secure smartphone app for instance.

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: