Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:35:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Blockchain Technology Can Help Cure Cancer.  (Read 194 times)
nCent (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:23:55 PM

Saving Ourselves With Data:

https://medium.com/@kk_ncnt/saving-ourselves-with-data-6bd5bffcc4cf
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kimberley_Isham

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:55:36 AM

This is really cool. I have always thought anonymity was more of a problem for the society. I guess I was totally wrong. The more Blockchain exists, it seems the more utility for it is developed. I'm really looking forward to the exploitation of this technology in medicine. Data development can actually go a long way in improving medical methods. I really hope this information will be used judiciously. I feel the discovery of the cure for cancer is long overdue.
zcooipo

Activity: 133

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:57:17 AM

Cancer is still an unsolvable problem at the moment, especially in advanced cancer, but if blockchain technology can solve such problems, then it will be great!
Applechild

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:31:28 PM

This is a good one. Cancer is one of the diseases that has really threatened mankind and so stubborn to any treatment and very fast on the victims. One way I think blockchain technology can be utilized in via data sharing. In almost all our hospitals or clinic data transfer even between two nearby desk takes so much time and some times leads to unwanted delay that ends badly with the patients. If blockchain can be used to hasten data transfer while protecting it privacy I will a long way in helping the not only the patients but the entire healthcare sector. Honesty with blockchain technology there is limitless possibilities.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:32:29 PM

This is a good one. Cancer is one of the diseases that has really threatened mankind and so stubborn to any treatment and very fast on the victims. One way I think blockchain technology can be utilized in via data sharing. In almost all our hospitals or clinic data transfer even between two nearby desk takes so much time and some times leads to unwanted delay that ends badly with the patients. If blockchain can be used to hasten data transfer while protecting it privacy I will a long way in helping the not only the patients but the entire healthcare sector. Honesty with blockchain technology there is limitless possibilities.

It's useful to actually correctly understand the "medical privacy problem."

Medical privacy rules are covered in the USA by HIPAA rules. These make sharing data extremely simple for some, and extremely difficult for others.

Extremely simple - Government agency -- other agencies, law enforcement at all levels

Extremely hard - you to give / show your data to other individuals

You see? Blockchain is being actually proposed here as a way around stupid government regulations.
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:51:20 AM

“Greater availability of patient data from trials means that researchers can check one another’s work and correct inaccuracies in reporting of medical trial results”
Blockchain, indeed, would be perfect for this. It’s amazing how technology can aid in longevity, huh? I also read that virtual reality is also helping chemists discover and develop new life-enhancing drugs. Awesome, right?
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 12:48:28 AM

“Greater availability of patient data from trials means that researchers can check one another’s work and correct inaccuracies in reporting of medical trial results”
Blockchain, indeed, would be perfect for this. ...

That would require a system of maintaining, publicly available, the data and methods for experimental procedures. These are massive heaps of data. That doesn't have much to do with blockchain, right? How would it be handled?
99subsats

Activity: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 12:24:04 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2018, 08:11:37 PM by 99subsats

If we are talking about connecting blockchain and how it can help people, we have to dig deeper. How could we actually provide patients and mostly elders in the majority of times, to have the most qualitative time possible. A home wellness kit or something similar to help and accompany them along their days. Hinounou is such an example of how someone could benefit in the long run with its AI robotic technology. Definitely worths taking a look. Also Lyfe and Opu labs are doing some good work in the space of crypto and health!
usticiann

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 12:26:02 PM

If blockchain can save us from cancer, it would be the greatest thing. But meanwhile, if it helps to deliver civilization from centralized banking, it's doing pretty well.
jimmyd178

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:08:53 PM

Blockchain, indeed, would be perfect for this. ...

That would require a system of maintaining, publicly available, the data and methods for experimental procedures. These are massive heaps of data. That doesn't have much to do with blockchain, right? How would it be handled?

Well I like to think that blockchain IS in fact a great fit for this. Take a look at projects like Hinounou (saw it mentioned above) that are already addressing  chronic/rare diseases. An intelligent data platform that securely facilitates the storing and sharing of the Seniors’ health data via blockchain, with individual records stored on side chains to preserve the consumer’s rights to privacy, erasure of data and the right to be forgotten. I think all the requirements that you mentioned are solved and addressed by blockchain, by I could be 100% wrong! Let me know what you think!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: