Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:23:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After I bought silver from GoldSilverBitcoin, I cannot recommend them.  (Read 950 times)
BuyGoldWithBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 05:42:13 AM

The review site BuyGoldWithBitcoin provides reviews of online stores offering precious metals for bitcoin.

I made four identical purchase of an American Silver Eagle Coin from different online sources using bitcoin. One of them was such a bad experience that you'd probably benefit from reading about it before buying there.

http://buygoldwithbitcoin.com/goldsilverbitcoin-review-from-an-actual-purchase-2013-09-23/reviews/

The two with the best service and price were Agora Commodities and Amagi Metals. Those reviews are posted as well.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BuyGoldWithBitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 05:29:03 AM

UPDATE:

Two days after I posted about this in this forum and on reddit, I was contact by Justin at GoldSilverBitcoin with a promise that a coin would be in the mail within 48 hours. Eight days later the single American Silver Eagle coin I ordered 5 months earlier finally arrived. I have the full review of this experience at http://buygoldwithbitcoin.com/

By this transaction Justin has unfairly profited at my expense in the amount of around 100 dollars, since if I had held onto the bitcoin during this time, I could have bought five silver ounces today instead of one. So he enjoyed the value of the bitcoin payment I made going quickly up in value as he held onto it while ignoring my emails for another 75 days, and didn't ship the coin until I made this public. I am not happy with this company GoldSilverBitcoin.
romang

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:24:55 PM

UPDATE:

Two days after I posted about this in this forum and on reddit, I was contact by Justin at GoldSilverBitcoin with a promise that a coin would be in the mail within 48 hours. Eight days later the single American Silver Eagle coin I ordered 5 months earlier finally arrived. I have the full review of this experience at http://buygoldwithbitcoin.com/

By this transaction Justin has unfairly profited at my expense in the amount of around 100 dollars, since if I had held onto the bitcoin during this time, I could have bought five silver ounces today instead of one. So he enjoyed the value of the bitcoin payment I made going quickly up in value as he held onto it while ignoring my emails for another 75 days, and didn't ship the coin until I made this public. I am not happy with this company GoldSilverBitcoin.

the best thing to do is cash out some of your bitcoins with coinbase and use the money to buy from silvertowne or gainsville coins etc i even do this any buy coins on ebay with the profits.

BuyGoldWithBitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 08:31:21 PM

You might feel that's best, but I like the elegance of one transaction, no middleman fees, and instant clearance. When you purchase in bitcoin the USD doesn't even come into play.

Out of the four stores I ordered from, two of them I'd be happy to buy from anytime. I paid with bitcoin, and had those coins in hand within 4 days. Some stores deliver very quickly.
kwilliams

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:18:24 PM

Another victim here - byers be ware - BuyGoldWithBitcoin may be a scam or/and operated by an incompetent seller!

My coins never arrived (2+ months since ordered)

Had several communications with a person named Justin, he could not produce a proff of shipment nor he would send a refund.

FYI, my order number was 3500, paid with TXN ID: https://blockchain.info/tx/afd777d87a104a42b39e5ee99bbb1c3c25d27e9a00843af3458147702db7aba1

Will be regularuly posting this warning here, on reddit and several other forums to warn others.

Note to NSA: please note in my personal file that the above comment, as well as any and all communications dating back to AOL/1993, are wholly fictitious, and are to be regarded as such. The later statement is to remain in effect until reversed by me personally in a waterboard-free questioning.
Amaze

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:57:04 PM

the best thing to do is cash out some of your bitcoins with coinbase and use the money to buy from silvertowne or gainsville coins etc i even do this any buy coins on ebay with the profits.

Why the hell would you do that?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:51:14 AM

Why the hell would you do that?

Because you can never go wrong taking profit off the table.

I do it from time to time.

It is a good way to invest in other assets that retain their value.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

BuyGoldWithBitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 02:06:01 AM

Another victim here - byers be ware - BuyGoldWithBitcoin may be a scam or/and operated by an incompetent seller!

My coins never arrived (2+ months since ordered)

Had several communications with a person named Justin, he could not produce a proff of shipment nor he would send a refund.

FYI, my order number was 3500, paid with TXN ID: https://blockchain.info/tx/afd777d87a104a42b39e5ee99bbb1c3c25d27e9a00843af3458147702db7aba1

Will be regularuly posting this warning here, on reddit and several other forums to warn others.

kwilliams, did you mean to refer to someone else? My site BuyGoldWithBitcoin only provides reviews of online stores that offer precious metals for bitcoin. I don't actual handle or sell any coins or bullion, I just show you where you might make the safest purchases based on my personal experiences buying from them comparatively.
kwilliams

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:16:36 AM

I’m writing in here to partially retract some of my earlier statements. Few weeks ago I finally did receive my coins in full and as advertised. While I continue to be unhappy about delivery speed, I have to admit that GoldSilverBitcoin in general and Justin in particular have handled the situation well. Whereas I continue to think that I will never use this site again, my earlier statements about the site being dishonest or or/and the operator being incompetent now feel overly exaggerated.

Note to NSA: please note in my personal file that the above comment, as well as any and all communications dating back to AOL/1993, are wholly fictitious, and are to be regarded as such. The later statement is to remain in effect until reversed by me personally in a waterboard-free questioning.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: