Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:23:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin scam artist arrested in Thailand  (Read 378 times)
bosta20

Activity: 106
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:51:13 AM

One of the people who allegedly defrauded a Finnish investor of $24 Million worth of Bitcoin (BTC), has recently been detained in Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok on charges of conspiracy to defraud and money laundering. Has anyone been following this at all? I would be interested to hear a legal perspective, as these charges aren't generally associated with bitcoin

Am so happy to hear this...gradually we will flush out bad actors....this is good news for the entire crypto community!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 10:52:31 AM

One of the people who allegedly defrauded a Finnish investor of $24 Million worth of Bitcoin (BTC), has recently been detained in Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok on charges of conspiracy to defraud and money laundering. Has anyone been following this at all? I would be interested to hear a legal perspective, as these charges aren't generally associated with bitcoin

The fraud that occurred in Thailand according to the article I read, involved actors popular in Thailand and according to the info I got from his fraudulent article reaching $ 34 million ASD, he was arrested while trying to return to Thailand at the airport. This arrest is supposed to be done because this is a criminal act that harms others, and must be a lesson for all when this happens to us, do not hesitate to immediately contact the authorities, and hopefully the same thing does not happen again.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:41:32 PM

The victim had given 5500 Bitcoin BTC to Mr. Prinya who supposedly did not spend the money on the agreed investments. Instead, Prinya transferred most of the BTC to his family members. His younger brother, famous Thai screen actor Jiratpisit Jaravijit, his father Suwit Jaravijit, his mother Lertchatkamol and his younger sister Supitcha Jaravijit have been accused.
This isn't really anything related to bitcoin at all.

You scam anyone out of a certain amount of money above a threshold that depends on the country you're in, you'd go to jail for it. It doesn't matter whether this scam is conducted with bitcoin or not, even though the means of payment in this case, is indeed, bitcoin.

Anyways, the latest development seems to indeed indicate that they have reached private settlement and that the scammers will not be held accountable for their actions. However, with the irreversible nature of bitcoin, not everyone is going to get lucky like this. Be careful when you get pitched the idea of investing, especially when it's online and you are paying in an irreversible means of payment.

Smiley
goldreset

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 01:40:22 AM

The victim had given 5500 Bitcoin BTC to Mr. Prinya who supposedly did not spend the money on the agreed investments. Instead, Prinya transferred most of the BTC to his family members. His younger brother, famous Thai screen actor Jiratpisit Jaravijit, his father Suwit Jaravijit, his mother Lertchatkamol and his younger sister Supitcha Jaravijit have been accused.
This isn't really anything related to bitcoin at all.

You scam anyone out of a certain amount of money above a threshold that depends on the country you're in, you'd go to jail for it. It doesn't matter whether this scam is conducted with bitcoin or not, even though the means of payment in this case, is indeed, bitcoin.

Anyways, the latest development seems to indeed indicate that they have reached private settlement and that the scammers will not be held accountable for their actions. However, with the irreversible nature of bitcoin, not everyone is going to get lucky like this. Be careful when you get pitched the idea of investing, especially when it's online and you are paying in an irreversible means of payment.

Private settlement? wow. probably this is how bendable the law in Thailand can be.
In all aspect I am glad such acts and events come to light for the public awareness.
Cupomi

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 02:58:01 AM

many really scammers have used bitcoin for their scam. here in my country there's also a synagogue, using the name of bitcoin to scam people. so we can take care of all of these people.
fraudsters everywhere always use a variety of ways, one of which uses the media from bitcoin which is now starting to mushroom around the world, the fraud factor of using bitcoin as a fraud tool is that there are so many bitcoin users who want a lot of profits in a relatively short time, this can a very good target for criminals, so bitcoin is only used as a means, so we can all take lessons from a number of cases that have happened very much, so we can avoid all forms of fraud that use bitcoin as an attraction.
KrishaBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 04:51:03 AM

What a huge Bitcoin amount that was involved and i think this is one of the reason of why the Bitcoin value suddenly crash this week because after they stole the Bitcoin then of course they will sell the Bitcoin immediately for the physical money. Hopefully they will surely be punish and regulations must be strengthen more after this because these bad people are making the crypto currency investments reputation to become bad.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: