Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:12:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody heard of Whalecoin - Is it legit to invest or mine it?  (Read 271 times)
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 07:11:26 AM

I can see no scenarion where this coin becomes major player of the market, so you need to step away from it. By the way, name of token seems funny for me.
Even the name does not sound compelling as anything that will have a future, even though I know it is not always by name. Judging from a whole lot of things though, it is pretty glaring that this is a no future shit coin and I wonder why people even get to search out coins like this when there are so many fishes in the sea with long term potentials and not poisonous to get your screwed. The problem with people is that they are busy looking for quantity so that when they see some huge rise in value, they will be rich over night, but unfortunately, they will just end up screwed up overnight.

these coins are only good if you are an experienced trader who is completely familiar with pump and dumps and how they work. otherwise you will end up buying late and getting dumped on to lose money.
Yes, even if you are an experienced trader, there are actually some coins you will not even want to be bothering yourself about when it comes to how shitty they are. This is obviously a shit coin with no future and can leave anyone trading it to even be a victim of being a bag holder, knowing that in no way can there be anything tangible that will come out from this, so why risk it ? This is just some pump and dump material and nothing else and there is no single development at all for this coin except just part of the coins polluting the market.
jardine

Activity: 679
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 11:50:42 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2018, 03:46:20 PM by jardine

I just heard of this coin and the name does should suspicious.
What are your views on it and would it be something to atleast mine to see where it goes.
Since you don't spend anything but time and a bit of electricity to get some of this coin.

Here is official topic of Whalecoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2130838.0

Developer of this coin is Rhett Creighton - he have not a good reputation in crypto and
known for his love to fork coins (and pump n dump them).

https://cryptocoremedia.com/rhett-chreighton-scammer/

https://cryptoclub.ph/2018/04/30/the-serial-forker-rhett-creighton-and-his-reputation-built-on-forks/

What i know exactly - he just can t complete and support any of his project.

Whalecoin - one of this projects - was started in 2017 in the middle of bullrun market
and have interesting idea about social media use. Development was active enough about
3-4 month and, after that, Rhett totally lost interest in Whalecoin and switched to his new
project BitcoinPrivate.

After BTCP, having conflict with the team, he was abandoned from BTCP and decide create
new fork project Bitcoin Prime.

Whalecoin, i think, is dead coin and will not get any development in the future.
Surprisingly, some people still mining it and whalecoin give stable reward to miners,
comparable, more or less, with other ethash coins (you can see stats here: https://minerpool.net/ ).

BITCOINTALKTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ●  DISCORD
  SEDO POW TOKEN    DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM BASED  ON BLOCKCHAIN
Barbatos

Activity: 272
Merit: 11

www.becent.com

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:25:29 AM

I just heard of this coin and the name does should suspicious.
What are your views on it and would it be something to atleast mine to see where it goes.
Since you don't spend anything but time and a bit of electricity to get some of this coin.

Price of this coin is too low and chances of it to become expensive in future is even lower. They goe some hype a year ago, but now hype is ended and people are sellin it.

memFISTO

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:42:33 AM

I had came across the token that used the same name, but both of them were unable to capture significant part of market. Capitalization makes me laugh a lot.
aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:47:15 PM

You have to realize that coins like these are just in the market to make some money and then take off that is why you should never put your money in them. If you have the means to mine the coin then by all means do so because it is never a bad idea to get your hands on some free coins but that being said, do not put your money into the coins

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
kethan

Activity: 232
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:14:50 AM

I checked it for you: it is not worth attention, because there are much more low-volume tokens that could show good growth in the nearest future.
Luna0120

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:06:52 AM

When you want to get some info about certain token, you shoudl better go to the telegramm channel or to the social media. It should help.
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:16:40 AM

If you mined and immediately sell it is not profitable. Invest or not it's up to you.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: