Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:56:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: buy beef with bitcoins  (Read 25549 times)
bitvestor

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:13:06 PM

Thanks for your responses. If any of you who responded want, I will send you a couple of sample steaks or roasts. It will be the week of March 16. I just need to get a shipping address. No charge for the meat and I will pay for shipping. It will be valuable for me as "market research" and, hopefully help with the issue of credibility. I will appreciate the feedback. I will have to see if shipping to Hawaii is possible and if so I will send you some there as well.
 How is the best way to get me your shipping address? Do you want to email me?
  Thanks for the in put.

Do u sell dog meat?

Did you hear of rabies yet?
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:59:22 PM

Its a cool thought and a cool way to promote BTC but ii don't why i found this a bit funny  Grin Grin good luck
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:08:10 PM

Personally I don't like the idea of shipping meat. Buy local, spare the environment instead.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
x86Daddy

Activity: 216

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:12:02 PM

I personally think it's a great idea.  There is rising demand for quality beef, especially not-factory-farmed-on-corn-and-leftover-cow-and-antibiotics beef, and that's what you're raising / making.  People interested in this are all over the place, geographically, and not all of them have access to specialty stores that carry such known-good product.  Another market segment are those who just plain like skipping all the middlemen in the food supply, both distribution-wise and money-wise.

I'd recommend finding out the prices of the kinds of beef you sell (cuts and non-factory-condition-living) in stores like Fresh Market, Whole Foods, etc... around the USA, because if it costs much more than those sources, interested customers with access to such stores will have a really hard time justifying the purchase.  I personally buy a lot of mainstream grocery beef, guaranteed to be lower quality than yours, at about a quarter to half the prices you cited...  I have not yet priced the higher quality beef, but I've been thinking about it.  I'd try your business before I tried a chain store with all the middlemen if the prices are similar for roughly same product.
dmartig

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:16:07 AM

there was someone on here over a year ago selling range fed beef. i think it is ridiculous to come down on someone who is not a geek for not knowing the protocol for selling online. if you don't trust him use an escrow. if you want a bitcoin economy you have to work at it and not intimidate people who want to enter it. he is a rancher not a geek

grow up
dmartig

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:21:09 AM

I raise pasture fed angus beef in Missouri. To buy with bitcoins directly from the farm, e mail me at andelinpaul@hotmail.com. I am working on a website. I think this is a quality product.

what chemicals do you use on your pasture? do you use glyphosphate for weed control?
do you cut your own hay? do you use chemical fertilizers? do you use a rotational paddock
system? does your ranch have any organic certifications?

smart to grow angus they bring the highest prices
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 04:17:31 PM

I raise pasture fed angus beef in Missouri. To buy with bitcoins directly from the farm, e mail me at andelinpaul@hotmail.com. I am working on a website. I think this is a quality product.

Andelin,  if this is legit, I think this is really cool.  We need more agriculture involved with bitcoin.

I personally haven't bought meet from a grocery store for over a decade because I buy my meat directly from a rancher, or hunt and process the meat myself.

Just last Monday I purchased 1/2 a cow (340 lbs or something) and paid with bitcoin. 

I get a really good deal with a local rancher who is a personal friend, and at the moment my freezers are full, so I may not be a potential customer for you, but I do think there is interest in this.

As far as getting started, I think sending samples out to a few people that are interested, or if you send first and they pay after delivery, might be the best way to get started and build some rep.  Scams happen frequently here... be careful you don't get scammed as well...

if u will ship a free sample to hawaii ill just pm u my addy when needed thanks

Shipping might be expensive to ship to Hawaii, but notserp orders frequently from us, and I'm sure he would give a review for everyone on the forums.

I this is legit, I hope this becomes a successful business.  Good luck to you.

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
andelin (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:58:52 PM

maybe this is not a scam

you should use escrow dont send the meat first to just any member

i would try some free steaks but shipping might be alot to hawaii

Thanks for your input. I will ship you some meat to Hawaii and pay for shipping if you are still interested. I will plan to ship within the next two weeks if that is convenient for you. I will send you information regarding shipping to make sure the timing fits for you. I am interested in your  honest and candid assessment. If you are still interested please get me a shipping address.
 I am just starting with this concept of direct marketing so I am sure there will be some "bugs" to work out. Right now I am trying to assess interest in my product so your help is appreciated.
DarkComet

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:03:07 PM

hahahaha beeef for bitcoins? xD
andelin (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:08:00 PM

Andelin,  if this is legit, I think this is really cool.  We need more agriculture involved with bitcoin.

I personally haven't bought meet from a grocery store for over a decade because I buy my meat directly from a rancher, or hunt and process the meat myself.

Just last Monday I purchased 1/2 a cow (340 lbs or something) and paid with bitcoin. 

I get a really good deal with a local rancher who is a personal friend, and at the moment my freezers are full, so I may not be a potential customer for you, but I do think there is interest in this.

As far as getting started, I think sending samples out to a few people that are interested, or if you send first and they pay after delivery, might be the best way to get started and build some rep.  Scams happen frequently here... be careful you don't get scammed as well...

if u will ship a free sample to hawaii ill just pm u my addy when needed thanks

Shipping might be expensive to ship to Hawaii, but notserp orders frequently from us, and I'm sure he would give a review for everyone on the forums.

I this is legit, I hope this becomes a successful business.  Good luck to you.

Thanks for the encouragement!
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:21:59 PM

maybe this is not a scam

you should use escrow dont send the meat first to just any member

i would try some free steaks but shipping might be alot to hawaii

Thanks for your input. I will ship you some meat to Hawaii and pay for shipping if you are still interested. I will plan to ship within the next two weeks if that is convenient for you. I will send you information regarding shipping to make sure the timing fits for you. I am interested in your  honest and candid assessment. If you are still interested please get me a shipping address.
 I am just starting with this concept of direct marketing so I am sure there will be some "bugs" to work out. Right now I am trying to assess interest in my product so your help is appreciated.

hi im still interested ill pm u my addy

you see where it says

Home         Help    Search    Donate    Profile    My Messages    Members    Logout
check your messages
andelin (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:11:49 PM

what chemicals do you use on your pasture? do you use glyphosphate for weed control?
do you cut your own hay? do you use chemical fertilizers? do you use a rotational paddock
system? does your ranch have any organic certifications?

smart to grow angus they bring the highest prices

I do cut my own hay but occasionally have had to buy some depending on the season. I think I have bought hay twice in the last fifteen years. I usually use poultry little for fertilizer but I have used commercial fertilizer on occasion.
  Some people do intensive grazing where pastures are rotated every few days. Although this does maximize pasture productivity, I have not done this as it is labor intensive and I have been concerned that the more crowded conditions for the animals may increase the chance of disease.
  I do not have any organic certifications.
  I do not using any hormonal growth stimulants.
  I have raised some of my own corn but depending on feed prices and pasture needs, I buy some corn as well.  I leave the calves on the mothers usually until about 7 months old. This depends some on the condition of the cow, weather stresses and so forth. I have adopted a program of weaning across a fence. This way it is less traumatic for the calf. The calf gets the emotional support of it's mother during the stressful weaning period. This has actually been shown to prevent weight loss associated with weaning. ]
  I try to control weeds with bush hogging but rarely have used commercial chemicals for weed control. I hav only sprayed a small portion of my property on two or three occasions in twenty years.
Waramp22

Activity: 321

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:24:25 AM

I think you should find a trusted escrow such as Tomatocage to use for this.

Next you need a price list. Something like:
#1 - Steak package A $xx
#2 - Steak package B $xx
#3 - Steak package C $xx
#3 - Roast package A $xx
#4 - Roast package B $xx
etc

Then people can just PM you with a list of what they want, such as:
"Ill take the following
2 - #3,
1 - #2,
4 - #4
shipped to springfield Il"

You can then forward that PM to your escrow contact. They will do the math and contact you and the buyer with a BTC address and amount that the buyer has to send. Once you see that the address received the coins, you can send out your meat.

Until you get your name established, i would be weary of using a website to buy meat.

Also i would price your meat in USD and then ask for BTC using the bitstamp rate. (that way there is only 1 number instead of a buy amount and a sell amount)
Or if you are going long on BTC you can just ask for BTC but this may seem risky with the volatility of BTC if you will be converting back to USD.

Try to find some hero members willing to try out your product and give a review. Also pics or a youtube tour of your farm would help your offer 1000%. This place is ridden with scammers from across the globe and if you can show you are legit, you will do well. 

Scammed by Black Arrow? See the consumer complaint thread here -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681965.0
andelin (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:56:23 AM

I think you should find a trusted escrow such as Tomatocage to use for this.

Next you need a price list. Something like:
#1 - Steak package A $xx
#2 - Steak package B $xx
#3 - Steak package C $xx
#3 - Roast package A $xx
#4 - Roast package B $xx
etc

Then people can just PM you with a list of what they want, such as:
"Ill take the following
2 - #3,
1 - #2,
4 - #4
shipped to springfield Il"

You can then forward that PM to your escrow contact. They will do the math and contact you and the buyer with a BTC address and amount that the buyer has to send. Once you see that the address received the coins, you can send out your meat.

Until you get your name established, i would be weary of using a website to buy meat.

Also i would price your meat in USD and then ask for BTC using the bitstamp rate. (that way there is only 1 number instead of a buy amount and a sell amount)
Or if you are going long on BTC you can just ask for BTC but this may seem risky with the volatility of BTC if you will be converting back to USD.

Try to find some hero members willing to try out your product and give a review. Also pics or a youtube tour of your farm would help your offer 1000%. This place is ridden with scammers from across the globe and if you can show you are legit, you will do well. 

Hey, thanks so much for your thoughtful input.. This is just the kind of advice I need to consider. I will get some photos up on a website and start looking into an escrow.
thanks again
codingsalmon

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:16:07 PM

Here are some pictures of the farm....

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/GoBeyondGreen/bitcoin/Bulls003_zps087ef5c1.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/GoBeyondGreen/bitcoin/Bulls001_zps52a98fad.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/GoBeyondGreen/bitcoin/Bulls002_zpsf0922d0f.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/GoBeyondGreen/bitcoin/IMG_3190_zps297492fd.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/GoBeyondGreen/bitcoin/IMG_7847_zps73a2a9c3.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/GoBeyondGreen/bitcoin/IMG_7838_zps3200173e.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/GoBeyondGreen/bitcoin/IMG_7827_zps17821b97.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/GoBeyondGreen/bitcoin/100_5452_zps559fe318.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/GoBeyondGreen/bitcoin/100_3828_zps47cbc893.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/GoBeyondGreen/bitcoin/100_3823_zpsdccebd7a.jpg
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:46:57 AM

*removing picture links because quote would get huge*
Aren't you the guy who claimed to have bought from this guy before? Why do you have these pictures that the OP himself should provide?
Are you mixing up which one of your accounts you're posting with, OP? Wink

Also, you have no proof so far that those are your pictures

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
codingsalmon

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:42:07 PM

I am indeed the guy who said I bought from him.  As I said before, and andelin has said himself he is not tech savvy.  He asked me to post some picture for him, or help him post them.  Since he is remote from me it is easier to just post pictures than to walk him through how to do it. 

andelin has done everything up to the point of sending samples to people and he is still considered a scammer, and now because I helped him out I am too.

On a separate note - here is a link to a business I am involved in that takes bitcoins now - made the local news:

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/springfield-business-accepting-bitcoin-as-payment/21051620_24929474
codingsalmon

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:49:47 PM

They are not my pictures, but I can say on the tractor one that is andelin with his grandson - man does he look like such a scammer and thief.  Please tell us all what andelin could do to prove he owns a farm?  Send his geolocation and google maps satellite view?  I mean at that point you would say he randomly picked a location.  Send you his name, SSN, registration with the county for the land, and 1040 form to prove he owns the land and farm?  At some point I guess someone just has to have a little trust and be willing to spend that $6.00 (or whatever price is) per lb on hamburger and roll the dice they will get meat in the mail. 
andelin (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:08:34 PM

Aren't you the guy who claimed to have bought from this guy before? Why do you have these pictures that the OP himself should provide?

Hi
 I don't blame you for being suspicious. I can see your point. I will get some samples soon and perhaps that will allay some suspicion. I wasn't sure how to post the photos so I had a friend who is more tech savvy do it for me.
 Thanks for your interest and input so far.
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:24:19 PM

Hi
 I don't blame you for being suspicious. I can see your point. I will get some samples soon and perhaps that will allay some suspicion. I wasn't sure how to post the photos so I had a friend who is more tech savvy do it for me.
 Thanks for your interest and input so far.

dont worry i dont even know how to post photos always have get my brother to help me lol
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: