Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:14:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is it worth doing something which cannot earn you money?  (Read 230 times)
tracymik (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:33:07 PM

Is it worth investing one's time in things which cannot earn the person money? Things like helping someone with a direction to a place, asking someone whether he or she is doing well, dating, e.t.c?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoPRs

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:56:19 PM

Of course it is. I firmly believe that whatever good (or bad) you put out into the world comes back to you. Who knows,
taking 5 minutes to give someone directions could prevent them from getting lost and ending up in a bad situation where
they get hurt. Or taking a moment to ask how someone is (and really listen) could be the deciding factor that keeps
them from killing themselves.

I read a story once - a true story - about a priest who was in the midst of a crisis of faith. He was walking down the
street one night wondering what he was supposed to do, when he walked past a phone booth. As he walked past, the
phone started ringing.

Even though it most assuredly was not for him, he stopped and answered the phone. On the other end was a man who
was on the brink of killing himself. The priest was able to talk him down and the man got help and ended up not killing
himself.
JRoth

Activity: 94

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:57:06 PM

I think it worths because we are humans, there are other pleasures to the life other than just earning money. Helping someone could get you a smile that can help keep your mood up for the day. Or getting help from someone when in a hard time. We survive because we help each other.
ethantaylor

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 12:55:23 AM

It is. There are many meaningful things for you to do besides working.

You could also think differently: "Is it worth only doing things which earn me money?"

mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 01:01:42 AM

Is it worth investing one's time in things which cannot earn the person money? Things like helping someone with a direction to a place, asking someone whether he or she is doing well, dating, e.t.c?
Yes its worth it , investing your time to something without earning money is a good thing to do , when it feels like you are happy doing it and the time spending from it is a worth. Like giving time to those people who are im need , children who needs teachings and helping those people who are poor. Giving them attention even there is no money to earn is worth to do.

Fathurrahman27

Activity: 350
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 01:42:55 AM

I think if the situation is like this, it doesn't matter to me if i don't get the money, because I was happy to help people who really need help.

NOIZ
- A decentralized cognitive ad network -  (https://noizchain.com/)
randall_boss

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 07:14:16 AM

Yes, because it offers internal worth which is just as important (and makes you feel happy!). It also generally helps another, which is a gift that not enough people use
Crypto7378

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:09:30 PM

yeah
alexandrea

Activity: 75

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:40:16 AM

Of course, it is! It is called kindness. There are things that shouldn't be paid for we do it out of kindness. It's not always about the money, someone's smile or simple thank you is enough and I believe that's how we become more human.
Green_Bulb

Activity: 261
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 10:26:24 PM

Let`s be honest: money can be one of the most important things in most people`s life, but it is not the only one.
Deciding if one should do something purely on the basis of will it bring him money is wrong, to my mind. Why do you think all the charity organizations exist and why people donate money to fund them?
There is great joy in helping others, even if you do it not just without earning money, but even spending it.
TootiFruiti

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:33:09 AM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

Yes. Life is not just about earning money. We are human beings and part of our being is our interaction with the world. Without relating to other, we are no different from robots. So yes, it is worth giving directions to a stranger, or dating etc. It is very much worth your time becuase its molds you to grow as a person. In addition to that, do not hesitate giving acts of kindness to other people. It is the least you can do to humanity. Not to mention that when time comes when you will need help, you can also count on kind people.
Crypto_JANNA

Activity: 57

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:46:11 AM

Yes for charity sake, for volonteerism purposes.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 05:58:04 AM

I do think that time is very well spent when someone is going to help others in need. For me, it's good to spend some days towards internal gratification. The feeling after helping someone and not judging them for what they look like or what they have overall. I have experienced needing money and requiring myself to work, and it is hard work, so it's painful in a way, but that's how you learn in the long run. To be compassionate is what people need to have, to have a better place. I admit that sometimes I don't get to help because of selfish reasons, but we improve each day.

We don't have to suffer from the same pains of other people, but we need to learn from others mistakes to be sure of our decisions. Share your blessings.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Ting_Ay15

Activity: 61

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:34:14 AM

Definitely,helping people who are in need,doing Godly acts is worthy of spending time you won't earn money but happiness.
Asadali569

Activity: 53

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:12:24 AM

My philosophy of life is that no matter what you do, there is always a cause and effect. Whether you just lay in bed all day or become a country’s president. As far as your question is concerned, I’d say that if not money then there are other things you might be earning for example experience, good deeds, knowledge or something else. I can bet all of my crypto that one day in life all of this will come in handy when you have to make money. Everything is interconnected in life. Whether a grain of sand that makes you rub your eyes when it gets inside or the storms that cause havoc but give rise to a beautiful sun rise.
orange_marmalade

Activity: 82

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:56:15 AM

YES. Of course, if it is your passion to do something, you wouldn't hesitate to do it voluntarily.
revive7up

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:33:09 AM

If you aren't able to make money, then don't think about other things. Money is not everything but doesn't have it everything you want to do will be difficult.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: