Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 09:09:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: any miners use team viewer to remote check in?  (Read 271 times)
hiphoptrail (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:17:04 PM

Hi,

does anyone use team viewer to remotely check in to your miners?

is there any concerns with someone hacking your mining operation?

i have been told you should have a virgin computer with nothing on it and i'll be fine...is this correct?

thank you for your time and information
Didi CC

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 10:31:28 PM

Use it on all off my rigs, never had problems so far Smiley
DJohnson

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 10:37:40 PM

Hi,

i have been told you should have a virgin computer with nothing on it and i'll be fine...is this correct?

TeamViewer offers 2FA with Google Authenticator.  I use it on my rigs and it works great.  It has saved me several times when I've been out and about and get a notice that a rig has stopped working.

Works really great for administering them as well from a single PC.  There may be other services that would be better or more secure even, but for smaller miners I don't think TeamViewer is that bad as long as you have 2FA enabled and are monitoring your mining.
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:47:13 PM

Hi,

I had a Bitcoin wallet stolen using TeamViewer.  Luckily the wallet was encrypted.  If you are diligent with your security you should have no problems with Teamviewer.  Have a unique password and change it every so often.

EDIT: Teamviewer wasn't hacked in this instance, my credentials were compromised.  As I stated above, have a unique and complex password for it and you should be fine. 
beachbummer

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:51:34 AM

The problem with using Teamviewer if you have a few rigs is that they will eventually decide that you need to upgrade to a business license.

If you hit that, just switch over to Chrome Remote Desktop. It is free and it works just as well.
hiphoptrail (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:03:36 PM

thanks for all the advice.

i will try it out and let you know how it goes.

one thing i know is that i need to make sure my computer at the farm needs to be on all the time.
i am constantly getting window updates and it kicks me off...i will disable this

thanks again!
yarelydiaz
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 64

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:48:33 PM

I use more than 4 years, even before using in mining, never had problems with TeamViewer, if someone has something stolen, it is necessary to look for the reason elsewhere. The only nuance, after long-term use, it ceases to be free, or rather you can use it 1 minute every 15 minutes, and the annual license is expensive in comparison with analogs.

Best handmade jewelry 📿 : bracelets, amulets, earrings ❤️handmade❤️ 🕉 pm 🕉 Can send by mail worldwide!
hiphoptrail (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:36:12 PM

does anyone remote connect to your internet company and go into your miners from there?
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:11:51 AM

does anyone remote connect to your internet company and go into your miners from there?

yep, I do that

just ensure that your company policies allowed it

most probably on security or firewall policies allowing remote connections
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: