Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:28:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dangers of a HODL’er:  (Read 1835 times)
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:01:09 PM

In a way there are dangers associated with HODL because if the market goes down you always believe it will go up again and in a way never really stay on top of things as you should be when investing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mklost

Activity: 471
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:05:21 PM

1. Lethargy during a sideways market
2. Disregarding your strategy
3. Chasing somebody else’s dream
4. Believing somebody else’s FUD
5. Using money that you shouldn’t be
6. Failing to properly do a self risk analysis before investing

If you can cope with these dangers then this type of investment will do well for you. This is a hands-off, long term method of investing. DYOR, find good coins with bright futures, buy and hold. Don’t worry about the daily percentages

2. Disregarding self strategy
3. Chasing somebody's dream
4. believing somebody else's FUD

This are the main reason why most of the trader won't succeed on their career. Some are just copying someone's strategy even if it does not fit to their lifestyle and skills same with chasing somebody's dream just like imitating in a wrong way. Believing on FUD is the biggest foolish thing to believe about since the market is really volatile there are people will going to be negative about it and those who believe are fool. Make your own research, internet is full of deceiver people.

You are right. A lot of people wants suggestion which coin is better to trade and even some people ask about the buy and sell bid amount. They want to make success like a successful trader. But I think these people are afraid, and this is for the long run of the bear market. Many people lost their investment by holding, we still suggesting them to hold until market recovers, but there is no sign for the market recover. People want to make some money to spend, but they are afraid of losing! That's why they keep asking to copy someone's success.
Edsemen

Activity: 413
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:23:19 PM

In a way there are dangers associated with HODL because if the market goes down you always believe it will go up again and in a way never really stay on top of things as you should be when investing.
Although the market goes down several times ago, but it doesn't mean we're giving up to it. This is a good signs of further developments while it increased at a certain point which could rise in the next possible scenario. Don't get too excited yet, but always stabilized your mode as well.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:42:16 PM

I doubt anyone who entered the crypto land in Dec 2017 is still a die hard hodl'er. Judging by all the complains about cryptos on this forum, Reddit Crypto discussions, various Trollboxes like Bitmex, it seems that everybody quit being a hodl'er and turned into a Bitcoin bear instead.

A close friend basically laughed at me for getting involved with Bitcoin in 2014, laughed in 2015, stopped laughing in 2016, and finally jumped in on Dec 2017. And a few months ago, he said "bitcoin is a scam, im shorting it" and depossited all his BTC into Bitmex and ended up being Rekt either when we went to almost $10K or $8500 a few months ago.

Now he says he will only invest in stocks like Facebook and Apple.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:07:42 PM

Really HODL'er wouldn't affected by something like that, they are very strong people who wouldn't care about price market if not really up for a big amount of percentage. If holder can get affected by that he must be new and don't know what actually he doing.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:50:04 AM

Well it depends on the coin itself and when you decide to hold the coin, when you think of holding for long term, you need to find a string reliable coin, if you hold an alt coin that is infamous then it got the potential of dropping without the chance of going up, every investment whether you want to trade it or hold it got the risk, so it depends on the people's aim
paxaway21

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:48:57 PM

Every traders hold their altcoins there's a bad situation will happen for them if the price of their coin will get a big dump.
agatha90

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:23:11 PM

I have done that, when I invested coins, when the coin fell, then I bought it, after a few days the coin dropped and as a result I got 80% loss, this made me shock!
Renaldi blackspadeteam

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:58:44 AM

it seems like someone like that doesn't have a fixed personality, like a boat carried by an uncertain direction of current,

If you can cope with these dangers then this type of investment will do well for you. This is a hands-off, long term method of investing. DYOR, find good coins with bright futures, buy and hold. Don’t worry about the daily percentages
this is a good choice for people like that, but maybe I think if want to make a big profit then trading capital must also be large, choosing a nice crypto to be ready Hodl for long-term profit.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:26:19 AM

Everything in life comes in sizes. What makes a good kill for you may not be for others. Even every time we Do Our Own Research, we still rely on other people's opinions. How are we going to get the research if not from what others have written or done? In all things, I believe risks is a necessary fact of life whether we admit it or not. I would rather not hodl a coin I don't trust no matter the hype behind it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:12:32 AM

not easy as you think, mostly people tend to forgot the this simple rules, when come to investment.
Agapelove

Activity: 425
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:25:23 PM

Cryptocurrency is not just a game of luck. This is a field of financial analysis wherein every move should be done with basis and research. There is a lot of pump coins here for promotion. So, take the necessary steps to choose the best coin to hold.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 02:26:36 AM

I think all holder now loss alot of money since january because all altcoin dumped to 1/10 to 1/20, and that coin should be going up to 10 -20 times more to recover loss. So from this historycal price of crypto, to be hodler is very risky and we should be not do it and change idea for to do day or swing trading with better risk management.

Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 03:08:20 AM

I was hold some good coin since september last year untill now but the result is very bad, i loss more than 80% . And from this case i will never to be hodler again, i think will be more profitable to do swing trading or day trading. Holder can be make profit in more than 3 years and i can not wait for that long.
You have to make sure before holding, that the coins you save are really potential and have a high price in the future, don't let you buy and hold altcoin that is not trusted and has no potential. then if you intend to hold, don't get eaten by gossip and fud, because that will only hurt you..
Klausi

Activity: 536
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 03:15:59 AM

I think all holder now loss alot of money since january because all altcoin dumped to 1/10 to 1/20, and that coin should be going up to 10 -20 times more to recover loss. So from this historycal price of crypto, to be hodler is very risky and we should be not do it and change idea for to do day or swing trading with better risk management.
Don't hold a coins that has no strong community, because you might be truly in danger with your holdings. It wont grow at the peak of its not profitable value. However some coins had a great potential but you couldn't spot them right away, due to declining price nowadays. All you have to do is study first from scratch then you will acquire learnings before buying any crypto on exchanges.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
mkhadazz

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 03:56:35 AM

when you are stuck at an expensive price then there is nothing you can do unless you hold back and try not to sell at a cheap price because it will make you lose. as much as possible you should also be able to avoid FUD circulating in several media.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 07:24:41 AM

Thank you for your advice. This is very useful for long-term investment. but the most important thing is, we must remain patient when holding coins. and choose the best coin for this investment method. do not hold coins that only become pumps and dumps. because it will die. keep calm and enjoy every day in achieving your goals.
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 07:49:26 AM

Before holding an altcoin, we should always know those possible risk we will be facing and a bigger opportunities also slips through our hands when a pump and dump happens to that altcoin. If you are planning to hold an altcoin, you better set a price where to let it go for a profit or you are only waiting for a dream that takes couple of years befire it happens. I totally agree with these dangers you mentioned and i actually experienced some of those   Cheesy
yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 08:48:24 AM

That is psychology trading, must have as limit before set stop loss and take profit area. This is the best guide at begin when end activity, for this knowledge I agree with you. But if you share your strategy it will more interesting for us because we can learn completed as professional trader. Please write it.

Sri rahayu

Activity: 795
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 02:57:54 PM

I have done that, when I invested coins, when the coin fell, then I bought it, after a few days the coin dropped and as a result I got 80% loss, this made me shock!
It seems that you don't get the latest info about tokens that you hold, your strategy is good, you can buy below your selling price, but unfortunately luck has not come to you.

There are some coins that I have held for almost 8 months, and there hasn't been any development until now, I am just patient and believe that the tokens I hold will reach the price I want in the future.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: