Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 12:58:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dangers of a HODL’er:  (Read 1839 times)
CryptoPowerL

Activity: 358
Merit: 29

ASO Service

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 12:17:13 PM

For long-term investment, the most important thing is to find the right entry point to the market. I heard a lot of stories about how people bought 15-20k bitcoins during the HYIP around him. Some people took out loans to invest.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 04:13:05 PM

Holders already expect that bitcoin's price will go down big possibilities and same to Ethereum so many of holders already sell early for their altcoins so they dont loss big enough.
Well, not all holders by the way. A lot of newbies who came into this market late last year did not actually have the mind to hold, but they were forced to hold by their mentality of getting rich overnight based on some promises they decided to give themselves out of greed. There is no danger of holding in the long term as long as you know what you are holding has potential, there is only a huge danger in the short term when you are so much focused at it, and you get all emotional selling at loss, and in that case, such people always end up regretting those actions in the long run.

a lot of people came into this space with some promises of getting rich overnight and they are now stuck in between the deep blue sea (their mind) and the red sea (the market), with confusion and fear all over them.
These are the problems for the people who do not have the plans of holding for years. I am a long term holder and holding bitcoins from the price range of $220 to $300 from the year of 2015 and I am not finding any danger, OP is talking about. Plan for decades and skip all the hassles.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 07:45:25 PM

I guess the danger which is being discussed here only applies to short term HODLer. Holding it since 2016 end, so even now when its falling If I see, I realize, still I am in good position. People who bought at 20k USD, I would say hodling will get them to where they want to be. And recently IMF supporting crypto, its more clear what is coming in the future.
mey466

Activity: 368
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 08:51:25 PM

Believe in yourself at least sure people prefer to imitate the success of others as motivating it must be like that,
doing research alone is not sure
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 05:00:34 AM

1. Lethargy during a sideways market
2. Disregarding your strategy
3. Chasing somebody else’s dream
4. Believing somebody else’s FUD
5. Using money that you shouldn’t be
6. Failing to properly do a self risk analysis before investing

If you can cope with these dangers then this type of investment will do well for you. This is a hands-off, long term method of investing. DYOR, find good coins with bright futures, buy and hold. Don’t worry about the daily percentages
Bruh, I won’t really say these things you have mentioned are to be considered as dangers of holding cryptocurrency. These things are just natural and can happen to anyone.

If you want to talk about dangers of holding crypto you should go straight and mention the risks involved in holding crypto and the number one risk which people fear about holding a cryptocurrency is that they are very much likely to lose their money due to the market being unstable.
Aivaryamal

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 05:14:23 AM

Now is a great opportunity to buy cryptocurrencies from the top 100, because all the manipulations end and only all the prerequisites for the rapid growth of the digital market capitalization!
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 05:39:42 AM

Holders already expect that bitcoin's price will go down big possibilities and same to Ethereum so many of holders already sell early for their altcoins so they dont loss big enough.
Yes some of them do expect price to fall, but there are a lot of them that are not aware that the price will fall. Some people, especially newbies, think that they are not going to lose money by investing funds in crypto.

They just think that crypto is a place for making easy money and they can just fund a wallet and expect it to multiply and make them thousands of dollars. But at last when it turns out to be the reverse of what I just said, you will see a lot of them calling it a scam.
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 06:09:48 AM

You need to realize that HODL is no different than holding a stock like Apple or Amazon. Since their IPO you would of been better off holding those stocks instead of selling anytime in the past decade. However there will come a time when a stock will reach its ATH and descent from there. There are many companies that are profitable in the past and then they start losing money.

So the HODL will work but it won't work forever.

My advice is don't sell into weakness only sell into strength. Basically selling at $4000 is not smart, wait for a bounce to $5000 or $6000 and sell then.
But in reality, people out of their impatience and greed tend to always lose hope pretty fast and are never focused on the long term but the possibilities of trying to make quick bucks in the short term. It is simple and plain, if you do not have a long term focus for a market, then the chances of bailing out quickly will always be there and that is what has differentiated those who have been holding earlier on and those who have bailed out at some point in the market. Right now, anyone who is smart should be looking for ways to get in, and monitoring the price action in the market for possible trend change, not to be selling at all.
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 07:08:57 AM

I think people who are holding the coin in the long-term, will make a huge amount of money instead of people who are trading daily. So instead of bothering panic about the market, it is very good to keep holding your portfolio because in the coming days you might see the growth of coin price hugely.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 07:41:10 AM

I think people who are holding the coin in the long-term, will make a huge amount of money instead of people who are trading daily. So instead of bothering panic about the market, it is very good to keep holding your portfolio because in the coming days you might see the growth of coin price hugely.

It`s already happen, early adopters are nice example for that. For those who were buying Bitcoin under a dollar years ago, this price now is great.
Holding is when you believe in technology, and less in price, than you are not so concerned about price changes.
   Holding and trading can`t be compared, trading is just a faster way to make money or coins, when something is fast it`s risky. I don`t think I`m risking
that much when I`m investing in technology of the future.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
astridwi

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 08:28:42 AM

each user has a strategy and the profit target they will get as well as a different investment portfolio with analysis and introduction of good market trends. Short-term investment with a trading model is profitable if you can do it well. if you are disciplined to get 2-5% per day then in one month you have obtained a satisfactory profit
Pom_bensin

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 02:49:40 PM

holding danger is only done when holding a coin that does not have the slightest potential it can trigger a loss, but if you choose a good coin and potentially I don't think it is dangerous
MMS2017

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 03:53:09 PM

II have watched the market for the last two years and now i realized that holder can face so many things in their holding period but if they have committed and they are ready for the risk so came into the crypto side and they invest their money for time to make money and due to this they hold for more than what they have expected some times and holding is best when there is potential in the market.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
alentmay

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 08:07:13 AM

Everything has advantages and disadvantages. When you hold at  a particular time, it tend to favour you because at a time you don't expect, the assets begin to Moon of increase in value. But sometimes, Holding can he risky. You hold and your entire money goes into the wind.
Holding may only be risky in the short term if the market goes down, or probably in the long term if the market ends up dead. But considering the former, the only thing you have to do is just to be patient as long as you know what you are holding has a great potential and for the latter, there is no way something with a great potential will quickly just die off like that, considering the fact that this is not the first time that bitcoin is going to be experiencing something of this nature and this is basically not going to be the last time, but how you are able to play smart in every situation that counts.
b3llsf1l3s

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 02:44:50 PM

I dont know what happen on cryptocurrency
Seeing the current price is astounding for me in 2018 is a year full of surprises for cryptocurrency holders

yes, very sorry for those who have bought bitcoin and altcoin in the ATH point, but actually it also depends on the purpose we buy the coin, whether for scalping, short-term or for the long term. If the market is bleed like right now, it's better to scalping to avoid going down even further

panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 03:05:03 PM

Everything has advantages and disadvantages. When you hold at  a particular time, it tend to favour you because at a time you don't expect, the assets begin to Moon of increase in value. But sometimes, Holding can he risky. You hold and your entire money goes into the wind.
Holding may only be risky in the short term if the market goes down, or probably in the long term if the market ends up dead. But considering the former, the only thing you have to do is just to be patient as long as you know what you are holding has a great potential and for the latter, there is no way something with a great potential will quickly just die off like that, considering the fact that this is not the first time that bitcoin is going to be experiencing something of this nature and this is basically not going to be the last time, but how you are able to play smart in every situation that counts.
Holding is the best strategy of all time when the market goes down and takes a really long temper and patience to garner its fruit. Engaging to this industry, i already know that i need a really long long patience since market is very volatile and never gets stable. Holding is win win situation when you execute it perfectly on perfect time.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2422
Merit: 271

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 04:16:28 PM

II have watched the market for the last two years and now i realized that holder can face so many things in their holding period but if they have committed and they are ready for the risk so came into the crypto side and they invest their money for time to make money and due to this they hold for more than what they have expected some times and holding is best when there is potential in the market.
Liquidity is high in the crypto currencies but actually not if we want to make profits we need to wait for the right time to sell our coins than only it can be an successful investment.But we all are just holding in the hope we never know it will happen or not so just need to be ready for face it or move to some other investment with 100% security for your investment.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
nebiki

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 07:02:37 AM

hold is very harmless even this will save us from danger. hold is the most suitable choice when the market is unstable and the price of the coin falls. indeed, waiting is boring, but after we get the results, the boredom will pay off.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 07:41:00 AM

1. Lethargy during a sideways market
2. Disregarding your strategy
3. Chasing somebody else’s dream
4. Believing somebody else’s FUD
5. Using money that you shouldn’t be
6. Failing to properly do a self risk analysis before investing

If you can cope with these dangers then this type of investment will do well for you. This is a hands-off, long term method of investing. DYOR, find good coins with bright futures, buy and hold. Don’t worry about the daily percentages
what you say is true, the danger of trading always focuses on the percentage of daily ups and downs, in my opinion it fosters tension in the brain (panic), then invests that we don't know in the future with using money that you shouldn't be? but if the money belongs to him then it is fine in my opinion.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 01:31:12 PM

hold is very harmless even this will save us from danger. hold is the most suitable choice when the market is unstable and the price of the coin falls. indeed, waiting is boring, but after we get the results, the boredom will pay off.

Harmless? Nope! Hodling may be safer than active trading but it does not guarantee profit. That's because we don't know what the future of the coin we're holding could be. The danger is missing out on a coin's peak or close to it, and then the coin crashes. That's why it's important to have a target point of exit when you hodl.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: