Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:03:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum (ETH) - Constantinople upgrade - is it delayed?  (Read 177 times)
LordShanken (OP)

Activity: 1112
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 05:46:34 AM

Hello, Do anyone know something about Ethereum hard fork "Constantinople upgrade" that should be doen today 14th October 2018?
In cryptocalendar still is info about today - https://cryptocalendar.pro/event/6362 , but some people say that it is delayed till November.

How does it really is?
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 06:55:25 AM

It appears they have some problems on the testnet: https://www.coindesk.com/ethereums-constantinople-upgrade-stalls-on-testnet/ They founds some inconsistencies between Parity and Geth. I don't know what that means, maybe they can fix the problems quickly and still manage to do the upgrade. Better to do that without bugs or anything than to launch unprepared.
LordShanken (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 07:00:25 AM

It appears they have some problems on the testnet: https://www.coindesk.com/ethereums-constantinople-upgrade-stalls-on-testnet/ They founds some inconsistencies between Parity and Geth. I don't know what that means, maybe they can fix the problems quickly and still manage to do the upgrade. Better to do that without bugs or anything than to launch unprepared.

Thank you for that link!
It seems that the delay is very real. Of course, it is necessary for the hard fork to be made without bugs, but I'm sure the dev team knows what it is doing and will make the right decision. Shortly we will know what gonna happen..
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:40:33 AM

I think this upgrade delay can negatively affect the ETH price and we will see the dip again near $170 in few days but I hope price will recover later after successfull launch of updates and will hit ATH after Ethereum 2.0 launch in 2019-2020.
Noizebtc

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:26:30 PM

I think it's the rumors and the network test was normal. But you need to wait for specific news from the developers to draw conclusions about what happened
LordShanken (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:24:55 PM

Unfortunately, I have not found any further information about this upgrade. Does anyone know anything more about the problems with implementing this hard fork?
zabir.brutov

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:28:54 PM

Yes, unfortunately it was delayed. They have tested this fork on the test network and something gone not so well. So the hard fork is going to be delayed, most likely. But we should wait for the official announcement from the team to confirm this info.
Sonaile

Activity: 368

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:40:18 PM

Why dont they stop ASIC mining on Etherium? That was a promise they made at the beginning.

bayu7adi

Activity: 1428
Merit: 545

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 04:51:35 PM

Only hardfork can potentially increase prices and return to 600+ USD. If the statement is delivered by Vitalik directly, via twitter or press conference, maybe it will be valid news that can raise the price of ETH. Let's wait for the news to be printed by a Vitalik
And one more, don't believe in cryptocalendar, because it's not necessarily valid
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:56:56 PM

We all waited for this upgrade with the hope of increasing the Ethereum price, but ... It seems that the hard fork will not be in November and probably not even this year:

https://ethereumworldnews.com/ethereum-hard-fork-test-goes-awry-no-constantinople-in-2018-developer-says/

This is still not 100% sure, so better let's wait for Vitalik announcement.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Byzantium101

Activity: 249
Merit: 13

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:40:49 AM

Or even more I would say, the Constatinople is there more like a shadow, a doubt cast on the market than a real and required update. ETH should go PoS, but they are very reluctant to it.

igor.vanyutin.83

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:43:25 AM

Yes it was delayed to due some difficulties in the test network. They are saying that the hardfork will happen in November but I am expecting Constantinople upgrade not earlier than the middle of December. I hope it would happen in the middle of the bull run.
shiming

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:46:42 AM

Estimate some of the problems that arise. The ETH market is now very large, so the technicians are very cautious. I hope there are no vulnerabilities after the update, so the technician needs to test. We need to wait for a while.

cbIpok

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 11:57:20 AM

I remember that upgrade will be done in November not in October. so i am not sure if i remember it wrong. Are there any sources which shows it will be done in 2019?
Prolifik

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:00:24 PM

Yes it was delayed to due some difficulties in the test network. They are saying that the hardfork will happen in November but I am expecting Constantinople upgrade not earlier than the middle of December. I hope it would happen in the middle of the bull run.
It is pretty normal that Ethereum postponed their updates. We are all waiting also for Plasma or Shardering which should be developed in the next year (hope so).

elenka n

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:07:13 PM

Most likely that they had errors when testing the network, so they shifted the launch time
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: