Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:18:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain is not private  (Read 856 times)
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:10:38 AM

Bitcoin is built on a giant public ledger that is open to anyone to view, so of course it's not really private. 

Blockchain is reliable , the information of user won't be revealed , it means the anonymity of blockchain. It is one of best feature that i appreciate  the blockchain

But on the other hand, a lot of people say that if you really want to find a person , then it can be traced through transactions. How - I do not understand .

That depends on your own security. If you sign up on a forum with links to your real name or real-world identity and you post a bitcoin address then it can be traced back to you. Whereas if you're careful and take steps to remain anonymous then it's unlikely someone will find out who you are like nobody has a clue who satoshi is currently.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gokudera

Activity: 256
Merit: 36

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:21:42 AM

If you really want to understand blockchain technology and invest in new projects, you definitely need to read the data security laws. I've seen so many Dapps that offer opportunities to free people, free data or create open markets. Cool, but the white paper doesn't say how to store these extremely private, sensitive data controlled by a highly developed set of international data security laws, does it? Data privacy on the blockchain is integrated with the underlying chain, or built in the top layer, which will create a huge market that is critical to expanding consumer-grade applications.

It's true that blockchain is not private... it is not only for you . Well it is maid to store data that is need to be encrypted though it's open for anyone it gives them a hard time solving those algorithms and other analytical problems just to open blockchains system.

contact12345

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:28:49 AM

If you really want to understand blockchain technology and invest in new projects, you definitely need to read the data security laws. I've seen so many Dapps that offer opportunities to free people, free data or create open markets. Cool, but the white paper doesn't say how to store these extremely private, sensitive data controlled by a highly developed set of international data security laws, does it? Data privacy on the blockchain is integrated with the underlying chain, or built in the top layer, which will create a huge market that is critical to expanding consumer-grade applications.

Well as for the topic: blockchain is not private, you are somewhat not right and I don't get it how it connects to what you are saying in this post.
Blockchain exists in 3 states:
Private
Public and
Consortium
All of these have different levels of privacy, security, and decentralization.
Privacy really matters and consumer grade applications surely need higher privacy which blockchain does provide. If blockchain would lack privacy, it would not have been acceptable. For greater anonymity and security there are many other DAPPs.
Globalbitcoinl

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:51:34 AM

the blockchain allows transactions because every one of the node cannot affect that was your transaction
feather7789

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 08:22:07 AM

No it is private, blockchain is very secure, we can keep our documents. it has good features nobody can hack it.
chris.ladd

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 09:10:35 AM

of course there is tracker in blockchain to track down the scammers or anyone suspicious. This news isn't new but there are some new updates coming which will protect the privacy of the investor carefully and uncompromisingly.
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 09:23:28 AM

Did you understand what is the meaning of Dapps? Its Decentralize applications so its mean the data is not private or even close to being private. So no need to go to the white paper and read it, such total waste of time. If you wanted privacy then go to privacy coins like Monero or Zcash.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:02:08 AM

Of course it is not, it is used by so many people all over the world and how can you can call that private if multiple people use it and not only a single person or institution?
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:59:36 PM

... I've seen so many Dapps that offer opportunities to free people, free data or create open markets. Cool, but the white paper doesn't say how to store these extremely private, sensitive data controlled by a highly developed set of international data security laws, does it? ...
which private sensitive data are you talking about? personal or transaction data
as long as you never provide (or let it access) your personal data, there isn't anything to worry about
however, transaction data included in blockchain cannot be made private
the idea of blockchain is a public ledger that can be verified by everyone in the network

mangsitin

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 12:11:54 AM

As far as I know Blockchain technology is private and we can only track someone's wallet address without knowing the owner of the wallet. So with blockchain we can only see the history of transactions that we make when we send Bitcoin to other people without others being able to see our faces.
Qurelal

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:21:35 AM

You're right. I also thought about it. Our information is not confidential. I think it can be hacked.
Colan Zolo

Activity: 336

https://saturn.black

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:30:56 AM

The owner of the blockchain is private and anonymous, for this we can see wallet history but don't know the identity of the holder. The blockchain is able to provide security for every holder and has many features that can make a valuable asset.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
andylioe78

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:57:51 AM

bitcoin and crypto have to find transactions. If new users want to buy or register a bitcoin or cryptocurrency account without paying.
bonbor.

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:23:51 AM

Private Blockchain is an absolute opposite of public blockchain. It is because many functions that are open to all on a public blockchain aren’t open here to all. Here one can’t read/write or audit the blockchain anytime unless one has the permission to do so. In private blockchains, the owner of the blockchain is a single entity or an enterprise which can override/delete commands on a blockchain if needed. That’s why in its true sense it is not decentralized and hence can just be called a distributed ledger or database with cryptography to secure it.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 06:06:08 AM

blockchain is not for "data storage"! it is used for transactions in decentralized monetary system such as bitcoin and it stores transaction history. there are projects that focus on data storage but they are not focusing on privacy of it because blockchain is something you share so the "data storage" aspect of it in those projects should also be based on sharing so there is no privacy.

if you want privacy when storing your data then don't share it with others! store it locally.
and stop reading the nonsense that ICOs are advertising these days without thinking about what it really is.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
MonicaSteve

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:39:55 AM

You're right. I also thought about it. Our information is not confidential. I think it can be hacked.
I still keep my opinion that blockchain is private. Blockchain is famous for its private, I think our information is not easy to be hacked.
team87

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 09:59:33 AM

As we know that security and privacy are very important for users. If Blockchain is not private, I don't understand what will happen. Confusing. Huh
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 11:25:54 AM

Until now it will not be denied that it is still highly recognized and can be trusted that blockchain is still very reliable and safest. and there is never any news that leads to harm.
Eraldo Coil

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 11:45:44 AM

For me blockchain is private. We knew that many company knows about our blockchain but of course theg are following terms and conditions to make our privacy safe. Blockchain can't be in public because this will make the system fall.

mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 12:45:31 PM

that's the transparency of blockchain technology that is very good, they are very transparent there is no secret all transactions can be seen by everyone, but keep in mind that it's very safe.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: