Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:58:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boxing Legend Manny Pacquiao’s Cryptocurrency Could Launch This Year  (Read 123 times)
oksgvardukraine2018 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 12:47:20 PM

Boxing Legend Manny Pacquiao’s Cryptocurrency Could Launch This Year

Manny Pacquiao’s long-awaited cryptocurrency could launch by the end of the year.

According to a StraitsTimes report, Singapore based Global Crypto Offering Exchange (GCOX) is in charge of the launch of the Pac Tokens, the cryptocurrency that leverages on the popularity of the Philippine boxing legend.

The news outlet quoted GCOX chief communications officer Evan Ngow who said the only delay being experienced is with the Phillippine Securities and Exchange Commission who is yet to finalize its rules regarding initial coin offerings. The regulations should be ready before year-end, according to Ngow. The company is also working hand in hand with Pacquiao’s team on the volume and value of Pac Tokens to be issued out to members of the public.
https://www.ccn.com/boxing-legend-manny-pacquiaos-cryptocurrency-could-launch-this-year/

I still do not know a successful example of cryptocurrency, which is advertised by a media personality. Athletes, showmen, politicians, they are drawn into the advertisement of the next deception in order to cash in on their name. I really hope that with this famous boxer everything will be different.
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 01:11:02 PM

Manny Pacquiao’s long-awaited cryptocurrency could launch by the end of the year.

According to a StraitsTimes report, Singapore based Global Crypto Offering Exchange (GCOX) is in charge of the launch of the Pac Tokens, the cryptocurrency that leverages on the popularity of the Philippine boxing legend.

The news outlet quoted GCOX chief communications officer Evan Ngow who said the only delay being experienced is with the Phillippine Securities and Exchange Commission who is yet to finalize its rules regarding initial coin offerings. The regulations should be ready before year-end, according to Ngow. The company is also working hand in hand with Pacquiao’s team on the volume and value of Pac Tokens to be issued out to members of the public.
https://www.ccn.com/boxing-legend-manny-pacquiaos-cryptocurrency-could-launch-this-year/

I still do not know a successful example of cryptocurrency, which is advertised by a media personality. Athletes, showmen, politicians, they are drawn into the advertisement of the next deception in order to cash in on their name. I really hope that with this famous boxer everything will be different.

It is very nice to hear this kind of news that a senator getting involve in cryptocurrency and this may starts of making a legislation of cryptocurrency for the philippines .
daladno12

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 01:25:01 PM

Hm it's interesting but not smth new. Many ICOs are starting (or were started) with some stars as support. One example that I remember was Young Dirty Bastard and his Dirty Coin.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18565

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 01:50:47 PM

Finally! A solid new coin with a working product and real world applications! (/s)

What a piece of trash. Name one reason that anyone, let alone a boxer, needs their own personal crypto, other than trying to scam money from idiots. Either Pacquiao doesn't understand the first thing about crypto, or he knows full well what he's doing and doesn't care about scamming people. Either way, this coin will be nothing but pure trash, the same as every other celebrity coin.

The day I invest in Pacquiao's crypto is the day I invest in Vitalik's boxing career.
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:04:06 PM

Stox was also supported by Floyd now look what happen to it. You know when they advertise cars, they always use girls almost naked beside the car. I works because sex sells. I don't know how it will work for Pacquiao, its not like anyone here would like to suck his balls. I doubt someone is going to try that either unless they're one of johnny knoxville's jackass member.
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:20:21 PM

Many stars and celebs are just trying to use their influence to lunch their own cryptocurrencies to the space. Just recently, Akon was heard of to lunch his, but nothing seems to be coming out of it yet. Perhaps he is still preparing.
Well, it is a good development, which shows that so many people in our world today are becoming more interested in cryptocurrency. This will also bring crypto to more limelight.
aleksnutis

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:37:34 PM

Manny Pacquiao is an personality brand. In the Philippines, he is more popular than the president. I do not doubt the success of all his endeavors, because he has a name. Another thing that will happen after the release of his token. I would invest my money in technology, not in brand.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:53:55 PM

This is likely a sham, can we get the official statement from him. Do people remember TrumpCoin and PutinCOin and co when they were pumping months ago, I don't know how many of the bag holders were left in the space, people need to stop supporting scam coins like this because it is not based on any value or expected to crate

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:04:50 PM

I think they only want to hype this kind of coin they also use the name of a celeb to make it real but I guess no one knows if this coin will be useless or great.
paul937

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:05:16 PM

Wow amazing, I’m sure this will become very  very successful for all investor that invest on manny pacquiao’s cryptocurrency because he is very rich, helpful and very popular person around the world, I’m really excited and i looking forward on its launching.🤩🤩🤑🤑
r_delossa

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:09:01 PM

It is not his coin, CGOX is a platform for celebrities. It is a great project, because these celebrities have a huge audience, that could be helpful for the whole crypto currencies market. The more attention to the crypto space, the more fresh investors, the more profit.
Eleven86

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:11:17 PM

That's a amazing news as a celebrity is launching a coin and hopefully this will be very popular as investors will trust in this because a big star is involving in this project. I am eagerly waiting for its launching.
coin8coin8

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

False Moon

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:32:08 PM

Stox was also supported by Floyd now look what happen to it. You know when they advertise cars, they always use girls almost naked beside the car. I works because sex sells. I don't know how it will work for Pacquiao, its not like anyone here would like to suck his balls. I doubt someone is going to try that either unless they're one of johnny knoxville's jackass member.

Mayweather, Federer and other sports celebrities have helped Stox to promote before, at that time many people bought stox because of their false promotion.
There is no relationship between the boxing champion and the cryptocurrency. No one will be fooled again!

Loser
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:57:30 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2018, 02:43:21 AM by wilberthh

I like the fact that cryptocurrency is getting well known amongst others, but I don't see any reason of this cryptocurrency. I mean, what's the point? we have tons of shit coins already and I'm pretty sure this is gonna be another one. Selling hypes over real usage.

In my opinion, it would be much better if Pacqiao supports bitcoin instead rather than creating his own cryptocurrency. This kind of action (supporting bitcoin) will make crypto getting much more recognition.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: