Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:59:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe enough to buy bitcoins online ?  (Read 516 times)
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:08:23 PM

While we're all for free press, it's worth realizing that Bittrust is an uncensored, anonymous feedback service that allows for all kinds of creative misrepresentations - whether it's to pad your own company's ranking or smear its competition. As an anecdote to this, while they have much to improve, it should be clear that Coinbase is no scam - and yet, there are countless Bittrust reviews claiming just that. Without a credible source, there is limited credibility (which, as a side note, is also why we're replying officially as Coinmama).

Regarding the matter at hand, Frodoe was able to provide identification and we can see that not only did we answer all emails we received (most within minutes), but can confirm that the money in question is currently being held by their bank, and will eventually be freed. Once resolved, I hope Frodoe will provide their perspective.

What you're saying is different from what your client is saying. According to him the money disappeared from the account. If the bank was holding the money the funds would remain locked on his account and show as pending. One of you two must be mistaken and I sincerely hope it's him.

Did someone recommend this exchange to you, frodoe7? It isn't even in the top 100 by coinmarketcap which says a lot about its popularity and volume. If you don't get your money back, be sure to leave a negative feedback wherever you can so that more people won't fall for this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinmama

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:37:30 PM

What you're saying is different from what your client is saying. According to him the money disappeared from the account. If the bank was holding the money the funds would remain locked on his account and show as pending. One of you two must be mistaken and I sincerely hope it's him.
A misunderstanding we've rectified over email as well as here.

Sadly, from dealing with banks in 180 different countries, we know that not all of them display the correct status of transactions (charge, pending, authorization, refund etc.), which leads to frustration and misunderstandings like this one. A neat example of the middleman friction Blockchain technology is attempting to remove Smiley
frodoe7 (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:24:40 AM

All my money returned back and the problem was not because of them - sorry about that
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5061797

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Peacemaker1994

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 02:46:57 PM

I would say no it is not entirely safe to purchase bitcoin online there have been cases of fraudster defrauding people online you can limit your risk by getting an escrow agent involved in the transaction but even at that it's still not completely safe. The best is getting it online
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 03:19:10 PM

You should ask bank and contact the site where you bought bitcoin to give them transaction details. I think is safe to buy bitcoin online, but check before if site is legit, if  have reviews search on google and read them, maybe some % of them aren't safe and can steal money and data. I bought until now bitcoin on exchange only.
Trililing

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 01:06:46 AM

The problem there occurs most likely to the exchanges, you better send message to their support.
vamshi789

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:57:10 AM

where you i buy coins?? is there any sites??
Japorms

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:19:03 AM

Yes it is safe, just make sure that you are buying bitcoin in legal way and into a trusted exchanges.
Harlod Benjamin

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 09:45:29 AM

Yes it is safe, just make sure that you are buying bitcoin in legal way and into a trusted exchanges.
I don't think so. Buying bitcoin online is not safe at all. You should not believe in anyone you have not met before, there are a lot of scam out there, you should be careful.
NickVick

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 03:58:33 AM

I tried to buy some bitcoins from a popular/trusted website

the payments had charged from my card , and my bank support told me : the purchase done successfully

but the website system released this message : failed to charge the card

the website support told me that they did not take any payments and their explanation

Visa is a middle man , it takes the payments and check some conditions
if the conditions as expected , it will send the payments for them
if not , it return the payments for me in a few days

2 days passed and I did not take back my money

I don't want to mention the website name , I'll do it only in case I really stolen
No, it is not safe. It seems to me that Buying bitcoin online has so many risk, we should not buy bitcoin online.
willwin66

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:46:21 AM

the payments had charged from my card , and my bank support told me : the purchase done successfully

the website support told me that they did not take any payments and their explanation

I don't want to mention the website name , I'll do it only in case I really stolen
did you receive your money now? You should mention the website name in order that other people will not make this mistake again.
PhilipDon

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 12:53:39 AM

To what I know, you should not believe in any popular/ trusted website. In fact, there is nothing completely trustworthy in this world.
BlaineEvans

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:06:06 PM

Most of the platforms are safe because within the industry that's full of scams, for them to get more people inveting is to provide trustworthy access  Grin Grin
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 06:40:14 AM

But your bank verified that the transaction was done successfully? I think its on the end of that exchange or website you bought your bitcoins.

Any update regarding this transaction?
Some times situations like this happen and in some cases the transactions has not gotten to the exchange who is the final destination of the money and the visa network as a middle man will have deducted money from your bank account, this has happen to me before I hard to go to my bank to complain before their now trace the transaction to Visa and my money was returned but it took a long time and processes.
3lyntmy

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 11:19:21 AM

which website is it?
warcarft3

Activity: 415
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:05:09 AM

Usually there are certain restrictions on the way you buy on the website. You can consider choosing some exchanges, some C2C transactions supported by the exchange, they can become your middle party, and it is safer for them to supervise your trades.

reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 06:29:57 PM

Firstly one should be knowing if their country has legalized it or not. If not than it is illegal to buy the crypto currency. If it has legalized than sue the most trusted exchange or if government has issued any licences to such exchanges so that you would not be scammed.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: