Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:11:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The pain of holding bitcoin in 2017.  (Read 1205 times)
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 12:37:50 PM

This year 2017 has not been favourable to those that buy bitcoin in 2017, ended and are still holding.  Bitcoin is in a state that we have not expect as many investors and speculators were saying bitcoin will get to over $50,000 this year.  We should still holding as selling below the amount we buy is selling out of pain and frustration.
It is really not favorable for most investors who have to buy bitcoin last 2017 and then ended up today in losing stake. I know what it feels because I also lost some of it but I decided to sell it before it really drops so hard this year 2018. It is really hard in the feeling that we felt that way but it is really part of cryptocurrencies. If you are an investor then we should really take risks for us to get profited.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 02:05:13 PM

the pain of traders who are stuck at expensive prices when 2017 is definitely a lot of people who are depressed and certainly a lot of people are crazy because of bankruptcy, it hurts many who think this is just a cash game, hopefully the price of bitcoin can return to the price of $ 20 k again.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 02:12:30 PM

the pain of traders who are stuck at expensive prices when 2017 is definitely a lot of people who are depressed and certainly a lot of people are crazy because of bankruptcy, it hurts many who think this is just a cash game, hopefully the price of bitcoin can return to the price of $ 20 k again.
I don't imagine people were invested in the last year 2017 and they holding until now maybe at this time they were knuckling their heads by seeing the price drastically down and it is never coming back at the price when it is so expensive. Well, that is a part of the crypto world before you invested you must know the possible happen into it. Patience is a key here to retrieved our lose if we invested last year.

bintangkejoraku

Activity: 262
Merit: 1

https://saturn.black

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 04:03:27 PM

Bear market that lasts very long indeed makes many investors feel frustrated (including you) and in my opinion no one will believe in the prediction of bitcoin prices in the future.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
lelylely

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 05:25:44 PM

I came here not to get a loss, and I never thought of selling at a price that was much cheaper than the purchase price. I am sure that future crypto growth will grow again, and hold the choice I choose.

centimentalking

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:52:51 AM

This year 2017 has not been favourable to those that buy bitcoin in 2017, ended and are still holding.  Bitcoin is in a state that we have not expect as many investors and speculators were saying bitcoin will get to over $50,000 this year.  We should still holding as selling below the amount we buy is selling out of pain and frustration.

Well unfortunately, those people have limited choices. By this time, those that probably got in because of hype had already sold their btcs and those remaining are set for the long haul. Disappointing of course, but you have to look way ahead if you don't want to lose.
I am also a holder i bought many bitcoins in 2017 thought it gives me more profit but this year really disappoint me but i still hold my coins and did not panic sell. I won't sell them even the price fall more or below 6,000.
promich21

Activity: 76

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:56:56 AM

Well unfortunately, those people have limited choices. By this time, those that probably got in because of hype had already sold their btcs and those remaining are set for the long haul. Disappointing of course, but you have to look way ahead if you don't want to lose.
In 2017 i also did that mistake i bought 1 btc at price of 20,000 and now its to much down. I sold them when the price was $10,000 thought its dead i just broke my patience and did panic sell.
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:48:12 AM

In 2017 i also did that mistake i bought 1 btc at price of 20,000 and now its to much down. I sold them when the price was $10,000 thought its dead i just broke my patience and did panic sell.
I don't believe your words because you are not active in 2017 so how you buy in 2017 end of the year. I think you are signed up in 2015 so you will make more profit in Bitcoin investment. Few investors are loose the bitcoin investment but you are not stay in that category.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:59:40 AM

I don't imagine people were invested in the last year 2017 and they holding until now maybe at this time they were knuckling their heads by seeing the price drastically down and it is never coming back at the price when it is so expensive. Well, that is a part of the crypto world before you invested you must know the possible happen into it. Patience is a key here to retrieved our lose if we invested last year.

There's a very popular saying whenever you choose to invest in stock market, and i believe it's applicable to Crypto Market too, "Buy when people sell, and Sell when people buy". If only people started selling at that peak they would not have burnt their fingers, while I also believe the Fomo fear did play an important role during that period. If you or someone has bought at those rates then, I would suggest to ignore the short term volatility and hodl it for the long term.
iTradeBit

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:01:47 AM

Does it make sense now what was in 2017?
Hilly

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 09:16:41 AM

Selling because of pain and disappointment because of frustration with the crypto market conditions this year is not the right thing to do, I personally still buy bitcoin and some altcoins this year which are only to be hold, because I personally still believe there will be a further increase that will happen very well someday. So with a situation like this I don't feel disappointed, because we can see the market does not continue to fall and still survive in the same range and surely the market will recover.
In fact if they have become frustrated they do not have any other option except to hold bitcoin, otherwise they will book their lost. To me I personally holding some bitcoin for last one year but still I am hopeful that a time will come when all my lost will cover and will even give me a good profit.
cintamoni

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:33:44 AM

Dont feel pain dude that not only you're the one who buys in 2017 and the hodl until now,we also still remain in this bleak period and buy or sell a little to grow value in the market and not only that BTC is a good asset, to hodl my brother also said that this long term investment will definitely get good results So don't give up.
On December many people suggest me to do highly invest with bitcoin i sold my car and house. I live in rent now i don't even have a bike i sold almost everything. But bitcoins is still fall down. I am facing the pain.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:09:23 AM

I believed you meant 2018 because referencing to 2017 means is the best year ever seen. 2018 has been a year filled with so many challenges that portends a bleak future. However, the past is in the past and there is no point whining over it rather than focusing on what the future portends for everyone. The best cause of action now, is to keep looking ahead and be careful not to be carried away by the spur of the moment which would then make one lose out on what going to happen later. For the speculators, its expected that they continue to make projections for them to continue their relevance in the crypto space and also to keep the hope alive in the face of uncertainties that have pervaded for months now.

taliwang

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 09:40:43 AM

a very deep pain when remembering that moment again, I bought bitcoin when the price was $ 15,000 and at this time the price of bitcoin fell very sharply I suffered a huge loss from the fall of bitcoin prices this year. I don't know what else to do, my capital has decreased greatly.
xfaqs01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 09:48:04 AM

pain holding bitcoin is temporary and eventually it will subside, if you quit holding it youll lose forever and someone will takes its place to succed, the key lesson to this is that just invest on a amount that you can afford to lose

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:22:59 PM

Well the choices are not limited if one knows how to avail them. There are many people who are just holding the bitcoins as they bought them at a very high prices like 15K or above. They are waiting for another bull rally where they can also sell in profit but this wait is getting too long. A better approach maybe to invest these bitcoins in trading and make double/ triple before we see a big run.
Tapyaks72

Activity: 490
Merit: 28

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 10:56:07 AM

Well the choices are not limited if one knows how to avail them. There are many people who are just holding the bitcoins as they bought them at a very high prices like 15K or above. They are waiting for another bull rally where they can also sell in profit but this wait is getting too long. A better approach maybe to invest these bitcoins in trading and make double/ triple before we see a big run.
Yeah  if that the case you become idle because it is a big risk if you  sell in the bear  mood, it is a good idea to do day trading using  some ICO’s which is profitable and promising.

drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 02:13:28 AM

If you bought bitcoin at the end of the year of 2017 then it makes sense that you are not very happy with what it is happening but if you can see the potential of bitcoin then you need to keep holding, it is obvious that this will be easier if you were still getting profits despite the crash but one thing you need to remember is that if you sell now you will regret selling even more than what you are lamenting holding your coins.
OrangeII

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:19:54 AM

pain holding bitcoin is temporary and eventually it will subside, if you quit holding it youll lose forever and someone will takes its place to succed, the key lesson to this is that just invest on a amount that you can afford to lose
well, we should all be prepared for this. we know the price of bitcoin is indeed unstable, the high price makes us complacent and restrained until now. well, maybe this really hurts, but, this has become a risk for each type of investment

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 06:37:31 AM

I am assuming the OP made a typo and meant 2018 instead of 2017.

Holding Bitcoin was also painful in 2015. The year was actually less volatile than it is today and basically there was good news after good news but Bitcoin still traded sideways.

Some exchange got hacked and there was a stop hunt pretty much on some exchanges and many got stopped out because the yearly low was breached and was completely bought up. And then later we finally broke the yearly high and kept basically advancing in price ever since.

I actually thinking holding bitcoin in 2015 was much more painful than in 2018 since it was much less known and everybody assumed it was a scam.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██