Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:42:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The pain of holding bitcoin in 2017.  (Read 1209 times)
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:59:51 PM

This year 2017 has not been favourable to those that buy bitcoin in 2017, ended and are still holding.  Bitcoin is in a state that we have not expect as many investors and speculators were saying bitcoin will get to over $50,000 this year.  We should still holding as selling below the amount we buy is selling out of pain and frustration.
pain holding bitcoin is temporary and eventually it will subside, if you quit holding it youll lose forever and someone will takes its place to succed, the key lesson to this is that just invest on a amount that you can afford to lose
well, we should all be prepared for this. we know the price of bitcoin is indeed unstable, the high price makes us complacent and restrained until now. well, maybe this really hurts, but, this has become a risk for each type of investment
If most people understood the risk before venturing into this space in the first place, I am sure they will not be caught up in FOMO. I remember sometimes last year when the market started with the bull run, a lot of people were happy and when the market was hitting an ATH with the bull run towards the end of the year, a lot of people tried preaching it here that newbies should be careful going long when the market is overbought, but they just decided to go with their guts based on greed, and one thing in life is that when you make a decision, you should always be ready to live with the decision you have made, and when you know you have made a mistake, learn from it and find ways to do things better next time.
Mhd-Bobbi

Activity: 434
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:03:27 PM

what you are saying is like having a gem in your pocket but complaining that it is a heavy rock pulling your pocket down!

when you don't know what you own (bitcoin in this case) you obviously find it tedious to hold it. and when you don't have enough knowledge about the market and trading you will also have trouble making decisions about when to sell, when to buy and when to hold. for instance right now it is time to buy. and with the new drama about Tether it may be the best opportunity to get some money ready to buy more in case drama could have some impact.
Of course, Maybe, if they see the current situation they have to save it or buy the right time, actually they don't need to panic, because this price can also change at any time, and remain patient and not afraid.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 11:34:44 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 11:03:07 PM by Question123

Speculation maybe happen or not happen. Don't base what other people just do a research and think what possible to happen in the future. Make to your own just believe to your self you can predict what is near to happen but not exactly really happen.
Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 03:14:19 AM

I understand your frustration as you joined Bitcoin as you think only of easy money but not thinking investing of this currency is very risky because the price is really unpredictable therefore the next time you join any investments make sure you review it well not by just listening to some unreliable hearsay.
MGBloomz

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 09:56:10 AM

This year 2017 has not been favourable to those that buy bitcoin in 2017, ended and are still holding.  Bitcoin is in a state that we have not expect as many investors and speculators were saying bitcoin will get to over $50,000 this year.  We should still holding as selling below the amount we buy is selling out of pain and frustration.
This is the reality in bitcoin as not all of us will become rich and only those who manage it properly will survive. I feel the pain to those investors that had impatient already looking the price of bitcoin that had stagnant and not able to break the $8k price. Although it's not the end as bitcoin is still doing good and sooner this will bounce back to higher level and I just hope that those people will feel the sweetness of their profits if they still have patience to wait.

Boybugwal760820

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:33:33 AM

Yes I really know how it really feels when you have a token who have a high market value in some time but suddenly its market values goes down the drain and you feel very sorry for yourself that you were not able to cash it out during those times that it had a high market value, so next time around don't hold back! cash out as soon as possible while the market value is hot!
livingfree

Activity: 2828
Merit: 578

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 01:10:25 PM

I'm sure that its just a typo 20178.

I actually thinking holding bitcoin in 2015 was much more painful than in 2018 since it was much less known and everybody assumed it was a scam.
But the price for the whole year of bitcoin became better at the end of 2015. Starting on January 1,2015 price is $320 and it all ended at $420. And during its movement on November 2015 price goes high nearly to $500.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
believe in BTC

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:53:44 AM

If you bought bitcoin at the end of the year of 2017 then it makes sense that you are not very happy with what it is happening but if you can see the potential of bitcoin then you need to keep holding, it is obvious that this will be easier if you were still getting profits despite the crash but one thing you need to remember is that if you sell now you will regret selling even more than what you are lamenting holding your coins.
That is actually something that I believe is normal due to the fact that most of the people who bought in by then would have been down hugely in percentage by now.

Nonetheless, there is nothing to worry about and rather than worrying, people should learn the mistakes they made that put them in that position in the first place and get to understand that this space is still growing and it has not stopped yet and if they know where they went wrong by joining FOMO, they will know the best thing to be doing now at the dip is to be accumulating for the future.
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 716

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:59:16 PM
Merited by BitHodler (1)

It is true this year has not been easy at all but you must do what you can to keep holding your coins, if you sell now not only you will lose money you will lose all the potential profits that you could get out of this market, I really think that many of those that bought in 2017 were victims of the fear of missing out, they thought the price of bitcoin will keep growing indefinitely and now they are realizing that despite the amazing technology behind bitcoin, bitcoin is like any other asset.

And that means that if you want to make money out of this market then you need to get knowledge about how investors and traders get profits in those other markets and if you do you will be ahead of most people that only invest when the price has been going up for some time.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:48:04 AM

I really think that many of those that bought in 2017 were victims of the fear of missing out, they thought the price of bitcoin will keep growing indefinitely and now they are realizing that despite the amazing technology behind bitcoin, bitcoin is like any other asset.
I'm sure most of the people who joined last year have no clue about the technical side of Bitcoin. The price that kept going up continuously was the only motivating factor for them to enter this market.

So yes, fomo has been the main trigger of last year's bull run, which is exactly why it went up that hard, and exactly why it won't be going up this year. Bull runs always happen when no one expects them to happen.

People expecting a bull run this or next year have already bought in, and the newbies who entered last year already have coins and are desperately waiting for the price to recover.

When everyone expects a bull run to happen and have done all the buying in advance, there is no real demand. We have seen what happens when the price breaks through the $7000 mark, we're confronted with sellers only.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 01:53:55 AM

I really think the speculators was too far away from real price, were too optimistic. But for these who bought bitcoin at high this year and if they will sell now in a loss i just can say to still hold bitcoin for some months and only sell when they will see enough grow price to make a profit and for all who want to buy bitcoin or altcoins not forget invest only money that afford to lose.
Maxre

Activity: 812
Merit: 120

https://combonetwork.io/

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 02:00:12 AM

that's the risk we choose when investing in bitcoin.
it cannot be denied at the end of 2017, many people who talk about bitcoin will increase but the reality is very different from what we expected.
so there is nothing that needs to be regretted for what has happened because time will not be able to repeat itself.

StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:03:53 AM

Yes I really know how it really feels when you have a token who have a high market value in some time but suddenly its market values goes down the drain and you feel very sorry for yourself that you were not able to cash it out during those times that it had a high market value, so next time around don't hold back! cash out as soon as possible while the market value is hot!
I believe as time goes on we will always have to learn from every decisions we make, won't we? I believe that HODL mentality is something that a lot of people are beginning to regret but the truth is that, there is nothing to regret there, considering the market will recover, and it will all be good news at the end for most people.

One thing I believe is that this is still a growing market, and even if you want to take advantage of the fluctuations, I believe you will still have to learn first, isn't it? So, there are just two ways about it, which is either you have the knowledge to trade the market pretty well or you do not and you just simply have to hold and move on with other things, to come back in the future.
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:45:00 AM

I'm sure that its just a typo 20178.

I actually thinking holding bitcoin in 2015 was much more painful than in 2018 since it was much less known and everybody assumed it was a scam.
But the price for the whole year of bitcoin became better at the end of 2015. Starting on January 1,2015 price is $320 and it all ended at $420. And during its movement on November 2015 price goes high nearly to $500.
I guess what he was basically looking at is not ending up selling at the last part of 2017 when the whole bull run started and then had to hold all through to 2018 and where we are now. There is actually no pain as far as I am concerned, unless you possibly just want to get to bring the pain on yourself as a person.

Looking at the history and how far we have come, any smart person will know there is still a great development and growth going on, which simply means at this stage, the basic thing to be doing even if you are still holding, is to keep accumulating and focusing on the future, which is when I believe a lot of people will not even have any course at all to worry about anything and may practically just leave the worries for the newbies.
susuberuang

Activity: 926

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:30:03 AM

the pain when holding bitcoin from 2017 seems to be very painful and makes the person certainly very depressed because at this time the price of bitcoin fell very deep and waited too long for the price to rise.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:27:29 AM

If you bought bitcoin at the end of the year of 2017 then it makes sense that you are not very happy with what it is happening but if you can see the potential of bitcoin then you need to keep holding, it is obvious that this will be easier if you were still getting profits despite the crash but one thing you need to remember is that if you sell now you will regret selling even more than what you are lamenting holding your coins.
That is actually something that I believe is normal due to the fact that most of the people who bought in by then would have been down hugely in percentage by now.

Nonetheless, there is nothing to worry about and rather than worrying, people should learn the mistakes they made that put them in that position in the first place and get to understand that this space is still growing and it has not stopped yet and if they know where they went wrong by joining FOMO, they will know the best thing to be doing now at the dip is to be accumulating for the future.
Most people want to get the benefits of the market without any effort, so what you are proposing makes sense and it will help people to make more money in the market if they learned from their own mistakes but that is something that is not very common, people prefer to keep doing the same thing over and over again and see if they can get different results and as you may guess that doesn't happen.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 03:08:37 AM

Those People as stupid loke you are the holders that has pain in ass because you are all greed and investing only just to gain money,and the saddest part is you are all being fooled by this manipulators that spreads misleading speculations lol
The true essence of holding is to trust bitcoin and believe the technology behind this.thats how the cryptocurrencies must be treated and not just a profiteering
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:59:12 AM

I am assuming the OP made a typo and meant 2018 instead of 2017.

Holding Bitcoin was also painful in 2015. The year was actually less volatile than it is today and basically there was good news after good news but Bitcoin still traded sideways.

Some exchange got hacked and there was a stop hunt pretty much on some exchanges and many got stopped out because the yearly low was breached and was completely bought up. And then later we finally broke the yearly high and kept basically advancing in price ever since.

I agree that holding bitcoin in "2018" must be the name but definitely not as bad as it seems. I know price has gone down a lot this year but it was also quite low for a long time and stable, which gives you a chance to recover your losses by purchasing more and more.

If you were wise enough to save up enough money to get as much bitcoin as you can during these low prices than you will be lucky when the price goes up. When you buy bitcoin at 14-15 thousand dollars and the price goes to 6 thousand dollars, it wouldn't be a shock if the price goes back to 15 thousand dollars.

However if you keep on buying and drop your average to 7-8 thousand dollars from all the bitcoin you bought during 6 thousand dollar times than you will profit double when it hits 15k. So you see, the trick here is to get as much as you can from as low as you can to drop your own purchasing average.
darewaller

Activity: 2856
Merit: 639

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 01:55:42 PM
Merited by Kevin77 (2)

Most people want to get the benefits of the market without any effort, so what you are proposing makes sense and it will help people to make more money in the market if they learned from their own mistakes but that is something that is not very common, people prefer to keep doing the same thing over and over again and see if they can get different results and as you may guess that doesn't happen.
All that is required is even patience, but of course, there is no way anyone can even have patience without realizing what they are investing in, the potentials or why they should be looking at the long term in the first place, and all these things will most definitely affect their judgment as well as the way they basically think.

Obviously, most people who are pained right now are those who joined FOMO and of course, that was because they never understood the market and they never took their time to, but while some have learned from their mistakes and trying to make some adjustments, some will be whining and feeling painful for no reason at all, as if that would help them in anyway.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
boty

Activity: 1204
Merit: 230

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 02:23:34 PM

the pain that holds back bitcoin when the price of bitcoin in 2017 seems to be very depressed because the current price falls very sharply and it makes a lot of people lose and it is difficult to be able to raise prices again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: