Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:08:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Online Relationships  (Read 647 times)
SnowAugustine (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 12:29:32 PM

In this digital world where we speak to one another in different forums / social media. Play countless hours online. Some have also met / dated / had a relation ship / even married people they have met online. For those who did any of that? How is it like? I've already tried online dating but I never had a relationship with anyone from it but maybe because I did not try hard enough. Is it something that you would recommend?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
graceinc

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 12:35:17 PM

I believe online relationships are like a black swan event, you do not expect it to happen but it may happen. Also, there is no sense of emotion or sense of oneness in an online relationship.

I had a relationship via a dating app, which lasted only for a few months. You do not develop the attachment with the person as what my experience says.
SnowAugustine (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 12:37:32 PM

I believe online relationships are like a black swan event, you do not expect it to happen but it may happen. Also, there is no sense of emotion or sense of oneness in an online relationship.

I had a relationship via a dating app, which lasted only for a few months. You do not develop the attachment with the person as what my experience says.
Why do you think it does not develop an attachment? Do you live far away from each other and only speak online?
sweetstar78

Activity: 110
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:22:44 PM

In this digital world where we speak to one another in different forums / social media. Play countless hours online. Some have also met / dated / had a relation ship / even married people they have met online. For those who did any of that? How is it like? I've already tried online dating but I never had a relationship with anyone from it but maybe because I did not try hard enough. Is it something that you would recommend?

After I got divorced I tried online dating, it was a teaching experience. Most men I talk to online were just looking to talk about sex. It was really weird, they would star like a normal conversation but no matter what they always ended up talking about sex. I began several "friendships" and even went on a couple of dates with some of them, they would get handsy most of the time!!
One of them after being dating for a few months asked me to lend him money and as stupid as I was I did, I never saw him or my money again.
As my real purpose what to have a serious long lasting relation mos would just stooped talking to me, on the other hand I still have a couple of friends from those times.
One of those endless night of loneliness I was roaming around in a chatroom and started talking to a guy at 2 am, at this point my conversations started with, "Are you here just looking to talk about sex?" LOL Most men said yes so I would not talk to them, but he said "Not necessarily, what would you like to talk about" and so we talked about nothing and everything all night until 5 am.

He lived not too far from me, so eventually we met, when I met him he wasn't what o expected. He was kinda shy and evasive, we were in a public place and he would be nonchalant and weird. I thought, here goes another one not worth my time. So I ended the meeting as soon as possible, as were saying goodbye I offered him a ride to the closest subways satiation and he agreed and thank me. As we got into  my car and were all alone in the dark parking lot, he turned into a different person. Confident, straight forward, demanding, so sexy LOL. He said he wanted to kiss me, and he did, we spent the rest of the afternoon together in my car talking and laughing and having a great time.

That happened 8 years ago, now we are happily married, we have a 2-year-old girl an have our business together.

I tell you all this because, I know that dating online is difficult, there are so many out there just trying to take advantage of you, or your situation, they would pry o your weaknesses and might hurt you. You must have clear in mind what you really want and what kind of person you are looking for and stick to it, don't accept anything less.  If you are patient and lucky as was I , you might find that person that fit into your madness to the tee. Don't give up just stay true to yourself!

Amadeo33

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:58:44 AM

I think you can get acquainted on the Internet, but then you need to meet in life.
SinarG

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:12:12 PM

I had an online relationship experience. To be honest, for me it was boring. I lacked real intimacy.
Becksinsky

Activity: 233
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:28:31 PM

This can be interesting. Try to meet someone on the forum. Find a person with whom you have common interests and begin to communicate regularly.
sweetstar78

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:33:37 PM

I had an online relationship experience. To be honest, for me it was boring. I lacked real intimacy.

Well it requires patience and constancy!  Grin
SnowAugustine (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 03:25:24 PM

After I got divorced I tried online dating, it was a teaching experience. Most men I talk to online were just looking to talk about sex. It was really weird, they would star like a normal conversation but no matter what they always ended up talking about sex. I began several "friendships" and even went on a couple of dates with some of them, they would get handsy most of the time!!
One of them after being dating for a few months asked me to lend him money and as stupid as I was I did, I never saw him or my money again.
As my real purpose what to have a serious long lasting relation mos would just stooped talking to me, on the other hand I still have a couple of friends from those times.
One of those endless night of loneliness I was roaming around in a chatroom and started talking to a guy at 2 am, at this point my conversations started with, "Are you here just looking to talk about sex?" LOL Most men said yes so I would not talk to them, but he said "Not necessarily, what would you like to talk about" and so we talked about nothing and everything all night until 5 am.

He lived not too far from me, so eventually we met, when I met him he wasn't what o expected. He was kinda shy and evasive, we were in a public place and he would be nonchalant and weird. I thought, here goes another one not worth my time. So I ended the meeting as soon as possible, as were saying goodbye I offered him a ride to the closest subways satiation and he agreed and thank me. As we got into  my car and were all alone in the dark parking lot, he turned into a different person. Confident, straight forward, demanding, so sexy LOL. He said he wanted to kiss me, and he did, we spent the rest of the afternoon together in my car talking and laughing and having a great time.

That happened 8 years ago, now we are happily married, we have a 2-year-old girl an have our business together.

I tell you all this because, I know that dating online is difficult, there are so many out there just trying to take advantage of you, or your situation, they would pry o your weaknesses and might hurt you. You must have clear in mind what you really want and what kind of person you are looking for and stick to it, don't accept anything less.  If you are patient and lucky as was I , you might find that person that fit into your madness to the tee. Don't give up just stay true to yourself!

Woah! That is a happily ever after story. Good for you that online dating was a success for you. Perhaps it's something worth trying. We nowadays spend too much time online nowadays anyway. Might as well form relationships with the people we met in there, whether as a friend or something more.
sweetstar78

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 03:33:47 PM

Woah! That is a happily ever after story. Good for you that online dating was a success for you. Perhaps it's something worth trying. We nowadays spend too much time online nowadays anyway. Might as well form relationships with the people we met in there, whether as a friend or something more.

Of course, as in any relationship, there are problems, you can't expect to find someone perfect that never makes mistakes. We ourselves are not perfect either!!
Yes I am happy, just remember that I had to kiss tons of frogs who didn't turn into my prince LOL.  Grin Grin
As for friendships I'd love to have more friends from the forum!
3lyntmy

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:33:25 AM

i had experience in meet a online friend and his become my boyfriend but at the end he pass away in accident  Cry if not i think we still together now... i think maybe your fade not reach yet
arion6868

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:09:21 PM

had few before, none of them last over 2 months, and the last relationship last near to 4 years, end up still screwed up, aging is killer, now im lazy to start over again
UconBit

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:37:40 PM

Friendship is a relationship, right? If it is then I've had several successful relationships by meeting people who I knew online. One is for a book group - this was from Myspace times, a long time ago. Some I met as a gaming group. Another is for a business startups group.
logitechwow

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 03:03:19 PM

I recommend to download online services for acquaintance on the phone, when, when crossing with a girl, you receive a notification about who she is, what her name is, pictures, etc.
ps3o

Activity: 113

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 03:07:40 PM

It's good to find an online gf if you don't got one.
Fissytaiwo

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:29:19 PM

Online relationship is very rampant nowadays but I don't support it in my own opinion. It might have worked for some people, but I bet it with you the percentage is very infinitesimal. A lot of people have had horrible experience through that, some people have even been killed for rituals when they arranged to meet for the first time.
Even if the relationship is through media where you see each others pictures. Always remember, FACEbook is far different from HEARTbook, so prevention is far better than cure.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:01:01 AM

It's good to find an online gf if you don't got one.
I have been in an online relationship before and I can say that it’s even more hectic and tiresome that the normal one especially when you are living in different timezones, one is going to always lose on some quality sleep because of it.
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:30:29 AM

There were few online relationships that succeed , but mostly do not succeed because of many problems they encountered like lack of trust to each other , because in online relationships or long distance relationships trust is the most important aspects to have a successfull relationships . Its hard to love someone whom you do not know in person and whom you do not see in person.

Lordphyl

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:47:32 AM

Online relationship is unusually wild these days nonetheless i do not support it as i would need to suppose. it'd have worked for a handful of people, be that because it might, I bet it with you the speed is to a good degree very little. various individuals have had ghastly involvement through that, a handful of people have even been dead for traditions once they sorted resolute meet out of obscurity.

Notwithstanding whether or not the link is thru media wherever you see every other's images. bear in mind to overlook, FACEbook is much not precisely the equivalent as HEARTbook, therefore the expectation is greatly improved than fix.
bitcoingamer8

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:13:57 AM

For me, online relationships are more in trust, since you two don't see each other often, you won't be able to know what they are doing from time to time and also won't be able to know who they talk to so, it really depends on you guys if you really trust each other.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: