Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:10:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you invest in a new crypto?  (Read 632 times)
ArtemSergeevich

Activity: 243
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:47:35 AM

Of course I sometimes invest in new coins, but the investment is small enough, I'm doing your own analysis when choosing ICO, it is not necessary to keep all the money in bitcoins, we need different coins to fill the portfolio.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dewildance

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:59:18 AM

New crypto coins can be very valuable in terms of price rise. But always the opposite is also possible. Consider the possibility of price decline and even SCAM when investing.
UNOE

Activity: 791
Merit: 271

This is personal

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:08:24 AM

It is really hard for me to predict which one new coin will make success, most of them after listing on exchanges lose value that they have in ICO.

googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:12:16 AM

I only invested in bitcoin because a friend convinced me to. If there is a new cryptocurrency, what are the parameters / requirements that would make you decide to invest on it?

Thats too generalised question really because "ïn which coins to invest is like million dollar question always". And as you said most of the people will surely get into the bitcoin for the first time and some of them may stay with the BTC only. They do this because they feel very safe in their. If you want to invest in altcoins too then at the first time you should be looking after the Top 50 coins only. This is suggested because they will at least have the guarantee of getting recovered if they fall any time in the future. For the other coins apart from top 50 it could be very tough task to achieve as they get lesser attention for the trading in down time. So choose wisely and make trades on the top coins only.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Fenderr

Activity: 293
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:25:34 AM

The years 2017 and 2018 has seen a massive influx of blockchain projects into the space, including those that actually do not need the blockchain technology to function. This also saw a lot of scam projects and exit scams taking over the space, with resultant effects of huge losses stemming from investments in 'projects' the owners had no plans whatsoever to further it's course. A friend lost over 23 ETH at the price of $700+ to scam ICOs and this has badly effected his finances (invest what you're willing to lose, he knows that..but a loss is a loss regardless).

This has affected the perception of a lot of investors and how they see new crypto projects. Many have stayed away (like myself) from investments in ICOs until further notice, pending when there's some stability with investments in ICOs. I can not afford to lose money any further, so I'm not putting money in ICOs at the moment. I'm rather investing established coins
Vaniaayu

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:53:48 AM

to be safer it is better to invest in bitcoin, because when we invest in altcoins, it is still not certain that we will get the benefits we expect
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:17:01 AM

New crypto coins can be very valuable in terms of price rise. But always the opposite is also possible. Consider the possibility of price decline and even SCAM when investing.
That's why there's a need of deeper research and proper knowledge regarding to the said project, everything is possible both side needs to be well
studied, if you can handle the risk and you believe that there's potentials taking that chance can bring something to your investment, even new coins
can be profitable as long as there's development and good team behinds.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:44:19 PM

I only invested in bitcoin because a friend convinced me to. If there is a new cryptocurrency, what are the parameters / requirements that would make you decide to invest on it?
Investing to new coins now isn't a good idea anymore though there are really exceptional coins out there.
But what makes me worry are those coins that are good in promotion but soon their project will turn into a scam.
They won't show their true nature in the beginning. What you need to do is to do a lot of research about them.
Don't we all do that when we invest into a new ICO? There has been literally BILLIONS of dollar invested in ICO market in 2017 and 2018 combined, thats more investments made to NEW crypto currencies than some countries GDP and even combined stock market all invested into new crypto currencies and I am not even talking about the market in general I am talking about the ICO's that came out in the last 2 years and got funded.

There was couple of them that even passed the treshold of hundred million dollars which makes them already a big huge company whereas companies like whatsapp and all that startup jazz ones got much much less money for a lot less returns. It is a wild world in ICO land however we have all been there at one point or another.
Z_Max

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:47:14 PM

I would not risk investing my day in new coins. Because cryptocurrency is now at the correction stage and not all coins can survive. Particularly weak and new, I think it's worth waiting for growth.
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:50:33 PM

I would. But only if  I am sure about the project. Before I invest I always check the legitimacy of the coin that I am planning to invest. Parameters like the feasibility of the platform, the team running the project, the technical details in the whitepaper and website are just some of the things that I make sure is authentic. to avoid scam
Anna Borisovna

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:51:54 PM

not excluded. If there is confidence in the project and its prospects are visible, then of course you can buy coins. But at the moment, the payback period of such investments is stretched for an unknown amount of time.
Having participated in bounty companies, I have already mentioned several projects that I would like to have tokens just looking at how the team works.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Reinz12

Activity: 448
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 12:55:18 PM

Of course why not. We cannot be fixated on one crypto like bitcoin, At the moment there are many coins or tokens are very good at developing their products. Separate our investment into several crypto who have a good vision and mission is the same as opening up for more income from various coins
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 12:56:23 PM

of course i will invest a cryptocurrencies that bring new tech and great features,,
also a professional team behind the project my friend
Very well said. Not every new cryptocurrency introduced to the market succeed. As for me, my parameters on investing on a particular coin is the usefulness of their product and system since no one wants to buy a shit right? Lastly every investor has this instinct if the coin will pump in a span of time or not it really depends on the market situation.
valenow
Copper Member

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:59:17 PM

I would invest in new crypto,but it should be complient with my requirements and tokenometrics.
I hate projects with big capitalisation

S.E.D.O.
Document management system based on blockchain
WHITEPAPER | ANN | WEB | DISCORD | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TELEGRAM
|
agadafreeman

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:01:34 PM

Being alive and young at this time is something to be happy about because opportunities like this may not come by in the next 10 years. The parameters I would consider before investing in a new cryptocurrency are; what problem is it seeking to solve? The team behind it, will it hold water and be stable when all the hype is gone?
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:02:56 PM

With so many coins in the market and new one coming in, only proves that new coins are worth investing, in fact so many people made profits on these ICO's sp it's best to spread your portfolio and include new coins or existing coins apart from Bitcoin.
siupang2

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:06:02 PM

Well I'm investing in several new crypto because it's still not popular and still cheap but some of it have bright future I think (I will not tell you the project because you need to read), not of all new crypto is good so you must choose carefully to avoid loss in the future. Better now invest so in the future you will not say 'Why I didn't invest in this type of investment'
mulia sabee

Activity: 910
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:06:29 PM

I invest only in bitcoin, etherum and bcd. the reason that makes me attractive investing in it is because of its popularity and movement in the more dominant coin market compared to other Altcoi. That's why I am more interested in investing in the coin.

Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:07:40 PM

There are lots of coins and numerous earning strategies. You should do your own research before you invest. Who will you blame when you suck?  And I'm sure you will with such an approach.

I might probably agree in your idea. It is because at this moment their are still coming and exist number of coins which is not yet praise of and I guess it needs for us to get more research of what is the value and purpose of it. I am pretty sure it will function in the community helpfully.
baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:08:51 PM

I was focused on the technology when I invested. I like new things and I believe crypto is something for the future. Also the popularity made me invest too.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: